Author Topic: Downloading objects to get them in Map Maker?  (Read 3708 times)

Offline whitetimberwolf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Trolling the trolls like a boss
    • View Profile
Downloading objects to get them in Map Maker?
« on: February 17, 2013, 03:08:18 am »
Alright, so I have a quick question. I've been making my own maps, and would like to use some new objects in the maps I have created (other then the objects the game gives you when you download it). How do I get downloaded objects (such as trees or bushes), in the game? When I mean in the game, I don't mean like how to install items found in map downloads, I mean the object tab found inside the Map Maker Tool. I need a quick instruction on what folders to put different files. I've been kind of stumped on this, and all I see are posts on how to install items (hats, etc.), not objects. I would make objects myself, but it's much easier to get already made objects (cause I'm too lazy of a thing to make my own objects). Every object I use is used responsibly or with premission, so no worries there. Thanks for the help. :)
Look!!! A flying monkey!! Oh wait, that's my cat... -3-

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Downloading objects to get them in Map Maker?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 03:23:16 am »
I don't really have map making experience but I'll try my best to help and explain. If you've already downloaded the custom objects I believe you put them into your My Objects folder (C:\>Feralheart>Media>Objects>MyObjects ). Then you open up Feral Heart and go to the object maker. Type whatever the file names are that way you can load them into the object maker :) Just be sure to type the name in correctly.

Check out this tutorial from another helpful user it might help ^_^:
http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=12012.0

Specifically this part though:

Installing onto Feralheart

Open up FH and go onto Object Maker.
This is where you type the mesh file in. So the mesh i downloaded was "trebol20.mesh" and "trebol1.mesh" so i'd type in one of them in the "Mesh" box, then click the "Add New" button and it will appear.
This is where the mesh's material is you can also change it too another material if your not happy with it.
What ever you download you will walk right through it. Clicking this will prevent that so you can stand on it and and not walk through it

Now you would want to save your mesh so you can use it in maps.
This is where you would put the mesh's name i called it clovers
Here is where you choose the group to put your mesh in, I made a a downloads folder to put my mesh's in.
Here is your object folders where your objects are stored. There underlined in blue is the my "Downloads" folder where ill find my mesh.
Click the "Save" button, then you can find your object folders with its contents in Map Maker.

I hope this tutorial helps, and if you need any more information about Object Maker ill be happy to help ;)

I hope that helps :)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 03:31:51 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline whitetimberwolf

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 04:07:35 am »
Thanks a million!!! Back to map creating for me. Funny how something so simple had slipped my mind. This will definatly come in handy :) Time to try this out.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 04:11:09 am »
You're welcome WhiteTimberWolf & good luck with that map :3 I bet it's going to look awesome.

Offline whitetimberwolf

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 05:19:50 pm »
I'm actually not asking for help in this reply, but rather explaining a bit more in depth about how to actually go about Object Making. Knowing how difficult it was for me to actually FIND help within the threads on object making, I know it's important for not only myself to get help but others. I'm explaining this more so others may get help in the future with this topic. Anyway off that "be a good person" ham...

Putting files in the my_objects folder does not work (at least for me it didn't). Any already made mesh you have downloaded for example (I used a cherry tree found on this thread: http://www.feral-heart.com/index.phpoption=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=10089.0, AND NO CREDIT TO ME! I DID NOT CREATE THIS!), must be put into: C:\>Feralheart>Media>Objects. Then you can open FeralHeart, go into Tools, enter Object Maker, and proceed with typing in the mesh.

I won't go more into explaining how to do this, but I found this really neat website that can explain this better then I will ever be capable of. Note this is not my website, I take no credit for it. Link: http://feralhearthelp.weebly.com/object-creation.html

Thanks to LordSuragaha for your help! Happy creating!

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 05:24:09 pm »
That's so nice of you to do that. In the future now whoever will be searching up this kind of problem might bump into this post and get all that advice you wrote there :) Very helpful White! You could also make a tutorial in the tutorial section if you feel confident enough in your experience now.

Anyway glad I was able to help :) and you're welcome :3!