Author Topic: Preset glitch-->total FH crash :O  (Read 2776 times)

Offline Kittycatty

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Partially Gone.
    • View Profile
Preset glitch-->total FH crash :O
« on: February 17, 2013, 05:14:17 pm »
Hello people :D
THE PROBLEM:
Others can't see my preset. I've had this problem for some time now, and I mentiuoned it in the "preset 12 help" thread a while back.
As for your friends not seeing the preset when you export it and give them it's fhp file thats probably because when you were exporting it you were logged in as some slight variation of your username. Try deleting that preset's fhp file but log in exactly under the username you registered the account under and yes that means caps and all. Example I can log into the game as morbiddecadence but if I export and share any of my presets fhp files under that name my friends will not see me in the preset. I have to log in as MorbidDecadence for them to see it once I export and share that fhp file.

My username is kittycatty, which does not include capitals. However, I will try deleting the .fhp, logging out of the game and forum, re-logging in, and then exporting it. Lets hope it works ;)

Now it's getting worse. People STILL don't see it. But the thing is, I registered as exactly kittycatty Without capitals, and people still can't see it. I exported it, and uploaded the kittycatty_11.fhp on mediafire, yet it didn't work. I even tried renaming it kittycatty_7.fhp. No progress.

Now, today I logged on with my normal username, just I made the "K' in kittycatty capitalized.
I logged in, logged out, and exported. Now here's the tricky part. At first, Fh wouldn't export it, and on the 3rd try it worked. When I clicked Kittycatty 11 and this happens:

Then I closed FH, and exported my preset at kittycatty_11.fhp without capitals. THis is what happened ;-;

Now here's the good news. I closed FH, re-opened it, logged in without capitals and yay no crash :D
Except... I don't know if anyone can see my preset ;-; I'm going to go in game and check. Hopefully someone from the rp I'm in will be on XD Oh, and simce I re-exported it, I should re-upload it on mediafire, right?

EDIT: Well, I re-uploaded my preset. The others still can't see it ;-;
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 05:54:18 pm by ~*Gamma*~ »

No longer active on the forums, though I do check back once in a while.

Flying cow

Re: Preset glitch-->total FH crash :O
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 06:58:08 pm »
Well firstly, I don't recall preset_11 and preset_12 folders being able to be used in-game, as those just have the wing materials. Which then, may be causing your problem. You can't just 'rename' the fhp, unless it still as 'Blahblah_4.fhp to Blahblahblah_4.fhp.' you need to move your preset images to one of the other folders, and then rename them to say: 'Preset_4body.png/jpg' and 'Preset_4head.png/jpg'

I hope this helps slightly and may resolve your problem. But as I said, I can't remember being capable of have the preset_11 and 12 folders shown in-game. But it may just be me :3

If this is confusing, I'll post a few screenies of the process for you :3

Offline Kittycatty

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Partially Gone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 06:52:42 am »
Well the thing is, alot of my random FH buddies use the preset_11 and preset_12 folders, without issues. Also, I really don't think it's the folder, because Ionce apon a time I had a preset in the preset_10 folder, and others still couldn't see it. I think it has something to do with the "caps glitch" or whatever you call it XD  Is it possible to have a winged preset in a separate folder?

Flying cow

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 01:20:22 pm »
Yes it is possible, I add the wing material to my other folders material files all the time :)

Offline Kittycatty

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Partially Gone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 05:45:01 pm »
OK. Well that'sa good XD I plan to use that info later. But fior now, how do I get others to see my preset? (see above :3)

Flying cow

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 01:02:20 pm »
Hm, I'll think about this, I can't really say myself... In the screenie, it doesn't look like you have a _ in front of 11...

I must be blind or something... Apart from that, I have no idea what will be the problem, so I'll take a look see and try and figure it out ASAP

Offline Kittycatty

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Partially Gone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 05:40:54 pm »
ok c:

Offline Kittycatty

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Partially Gone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 06:55:48 pm »
OMG! Sorry for disapearing on you guys like that! A bunch of tests tried to eat me ._. Anyhow, more tests are on there way, so I won't be online so much this week

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2013, 07:30:42 pm »
I remember this sort of thing happening to me, just because some of my files I was using was corrupted. When my computer notice this, it ran a computer check and deleted the corrupted files. Might wanna try that.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline Kittycatty

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Partially Gone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 05:40:45 pm »
Logging on for a sec....
I remember this sort of thing happening to me, just because some of my files I was using was corrupted. When my computer notice this, it ran a computer check and deleted the corrupted files. Might wanna try that.

What do you mean? Oh, and just so you know I've had this problem for a year or something - actually, pretty much ever since I got FH. I've re-installed FH a couple times these past couple months due to certain glitches and issues (and yes, I deleted the FH folder every time), but I don't think thats connected to my presets.