Author Topic: And Map Maker went nuts  (Read 1926 times)

Offline Okami-Shiranui

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 49
  • "You want to change it, don't you?"
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
And Map Maker went nuts
« on: February 18, 2013, 05:03:45 am »
So, I made a couple terrain masks. Each were done just as I always do them, which always works. But recently, map maker has decided to go bonkers. e.e One of my textures stays black no matter what I change it to. The other two are dictated by whatever the first texture was. If I set it to African grass on 1, no matter what I click on 2, it will enhance the African Grass to make it glow. If I change 2, it dosn't do anything. This is kind of a really bad time for it to flip out, since I'm expected to get 7 maps done by next week. e3e

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: And Map Maker went nuts
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 06:02:39 am »
As I have said before I really don't have alot of experience with map making but I will try my best to help you. The textures that you are having trouble with, are they default textures? If so maybe consider reinstalling the game in case some files were misplaced, damaged, or deleted that should help restore them to original states. Just please be sure to back up your important files still just in case.
If that doesn't work perhaps completely uninstalling, deleting the Feral Heart folder, & reinstalling will help.  :-\
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 06:10:09 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline Okami-Shiranui

• View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 06:04:39 am »
Mmmm, reinstalling will be a butt. I already have 2 of the maps done, and both are connected. Is there any way I could keep those and still edit them after reinstalling? Sorry, I've never actually backed up my files before... XD

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 06:13:01 am »
Hmm just to be safe let's wait for an experienced map maker's advice since I have a small idea of somethings that might help but I don't want to be the blind leading the blind right now and end up destroying your maps lol. I'm sure Ingredient or one of the other users can rectify what I said above and/or provide you with much more clear or specific advice.

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 06:49:23 am »
Would this be only on your custom masks or on any map, even the flat, empty start up map? If your texture is glowing though then there must be something wrong with the mask you made or it's somehow using another map's mask (it happens). I'm just trying to understand the issue a little better :)

Mmmm, reinstalling will be a butt. I already have 2 of the maps done, and both are connected. Is there any way I could keep those and still edit them after reinstalling? Sorry, I've never actually backed up my files before... XD

If you want to create a backup then go to your Terrains folder and copy your map's folders and .map files, then just paste them into a new folder on your desktop. I recommend moving downloaded stuff like maps, presets, meshes, object group files etc into your desktop folder if you don't want to lose them.

Usually deleting the Feralheart folder before re-downloading/re-installing fixes a lot of problems, that's why backup folders come in handy ;)
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline Okami-Shiranui

• View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 06:45:16 pm »
It only happens after I put in the mask. I used a wonderful tutorial on how to do the terrain masks, and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. It's worked before. :/

And if I created a backup file, could I still edit the maps I backed up?

Offline Ingredient

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 07:55:52 pm »
It only happens after I put in the mask. I used a wonderful tutorial on how to do the terrain masks, and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. It's worked before. :/

And if I created a backup file, could I still edit the maps I backed up?

As long as you have the map folder and .map file in your desktop folder then yes, you can once you finish re-installing/re-downloading :)

Offline Okami-Shiranui

• View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 03:29:58 am »
Okay! Thank you!

Offline Ingredient

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 05:16:35 am »
No problem, let me know if it works ;)

Offline Okami-Shiranui

• View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 10:40:52 pm »
I redownloaded it. I also saved my map files in my desktop. Where do I put them to make sure I can start working on them again?