Author Topic: Any tips on bypassing my internet?  (Read 1224 times)

Offline Robin_Wolfieh

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Squawk?!
    • RobinCanisLupus
    • ask-stark-the-narkeen
    • View Profile
    • Imgur
Any tips on bypassing my internet?
« on: February 20, 2013, 10:38:50 am »
As of now, I am currently using Wireless Internet (Laptop) on a bundled Comcast service. Unless I contact their services (and have them to come over to adjust it) I can't get any further than the main menu (Opening screen/Log-in). Any ideas on how to bypass it or find some sort of loop hole? I can't get another router/modem without wasting my families finances.

Any ideas? I'm open to suggestions.
Bundled deal=Internet, Phone and Cable for a low price. My parent's can't pass that up! CX

Ayyy~

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Any tips on bypassing my internet?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 11:20:51 am »
Only thing I can think of that I tried myself after a suggestion from Raz.

If you have a decent phone it might support tethering, lets you connect to the internet throughout your phone on your computer by using their network.

Not really an advised method I'd say but if you are running out of options it could work. Some phones even have a native tethering function inside of the settings/wireless network or network settings. Pretty much just to plug in your usb cable to your phone and then into the computer and start it up.

The downsides with this is that you must have a somewhat new phone supporting tethering I believe, but also depending on your phone network, it can vary a lot on reliability, could cost some extra money on your priceplan if you don't have free data as well.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Thierry

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 04:22:55 pm »
Since im not expert on network problems, im going to give my newbie sugestions.
As far i understand you can browse this forum but not to get online at game, so here are my sugestions.

Some antivirus blocks the internet connection for unknown programs, you should check the firewall rules of your antivirus.
Windows also has its own firewall, check it to make sure FH is allowed to conect to internet.
Try conecting your computer to the main LAN cable without any routers, in the case it works, check your router configuration.
Try using another commputer, this is to know if there are something directly related to the computer installed programs.

Offline Robin_Wolfieh

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Squawk?!
    • RobinCanisLupus
    • ask-stark-the-narkeen
    • View Profile
    • Imgur
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 05:39:43 pm »
@Red
Well...that's going to be a problem. My Ipad is kind of my only idea source, but even that isn't doing any good. Plus, it isn't really mines...it's my nieces, but I use it more than them and they let me keep it. I have a prepaid phone, so I doubt it has internet.... I could try plugging it up with my laptop. =/

@Thierry
I wish I could use my mom's computer...but she wants me AWAY from it, since she claims I damage it. Not my fault. XP So far, most firewalls I have normally require my permission to use and/or install. So I naturally allowed this game to be installed. My Lenovo Laptop had no problems with the game, so I think it's a program incompatibility issue or something of the sort. Must've missed a step or something when someone tried to upgrade to Windows 7 (This was originally Windows XP).

Ayyy~

Thierry

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 06:11:21 pm »
Since it was working with one of your computers, so the problem is not really on your conection.
FH works fine on both windows XP and 7, but windows 7 has a more complex and restictive firewall.

Since i never used windows 7 i could not give you a solution for sure.
I would try to disable the firewall temporarily just to test if it is the firewall fault. take a look to this article about how to configure.
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-configure-windows-7-firewall

Offline Robin_Wolfieh

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Squawk?!
    • RobinCanisLupus
    • ask-stark-the-narkeen
    • View Profile
    • Imgur
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 06:52:22 pm »
Nope, it's definitely Comcast's services not allowing this game to bypass it through. I'm at a loss. With using AT&T services (Back when I was in Chicago and using my Lenovo Laptop) I had no problem going online in-game. I might as well try calling them and have them adjust it.

Ugh, why Romeoville, why? Why you complicate things?

Btw, reset the firewall to it's default settings in case of vulnerabilty issues. It's not the firewall, it's Comcast. Although, if it works on my mom's computer (which I doubt it would), I'll have to tend to it since she has Advanced System Care on her system. I can only defrag it while using their utilities, its not enough sources to defrag it using Windows Set up.

Ayyy~

Thierry

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 07:57:13 pm »
There are bad internet services, so i believe you.
The only idea i get is to have a game tunnel (a proxy who lets you to bypass the blocking), but i dont know any one free and easy to configure.

I think the easier would be to call to Comcast to ask what's going on with online games.
Otherwise in your situation i would be lost. I would borrow the internet of a neighbor just for FH (FH does not take much bandwidth), or to play somewhere else.

Im sorry, i cannot help much more.

Offline Robin_Wolfieh

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Squawk?!
    • RobinCanisLupus
    • ask-stark-the-narkeen
    • View Profile
    • Imgur
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 09:14:20 pm »
It's ok, thanks anyways guys. Only hope is to try out your last option and maybe go to my sis's place. It's the only time I got access to it. Even if it's only for a few days.

Ayyy~