Author Topic: FeralHeart closing upon Opening the Program?{Solved} ^.^  (Read 2371 times)

Offline 580star

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
    • View Profile
FeralHeart closing upon Opening the Program?{Solved} ^.^
« on: February 26, 2013, 09:52:33 pm »
Well, It is rather difficult to Describe the Issue. FeralHeart was working fine, Then I clicked it off. About Fifteen minutes after installing Mods I went to open the Program back up to see how amazing FeralHeart would look, To my surprise the Screen popped up showing what Settings I would like the Render subsystem to be. I clicked Ok, Then the Program closed, I waited for the Log-in screen to show up but it Never did. I would hate to re-Install FeralHeart because of this. Does anyone have any Suggestions? It would be greatly Appreciated, Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 06:50:41 pm by 580star »

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
Re: FeralHeart closing upon Opening the Program?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 10:02:03 pm »
From my experiance, there are some modes that really don't work for some people. If this continues to close on you, then chances are that you might need to reinstall your game again so it can reset everything back to normal. Now when doing this, you will lose all of your items,maps,and any additionals you had before.

If you set your setting to Open XP, then you are going to have to render more due to the higher quality it is. For less lag, it should be switched to Direct.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 10:05:34 pm »
It depends what mods you used and what you did with the files really, since we can't see your files it would be difficult to say exactly what's causing the error now but you could try switching your rendering subsystem from OpenGl to Direct3D9 since some mods only work well with that setting... since you can't get into your game to change it from the main menu though here's another way how:

Sometimes you aren't able to even enter the game, and all you can hear is the menu music, or it just crashes directly after launch. Those who experience this can enter the feralheart folder located in C:\FeralHeart at standard, find the file called "Ogre.cfg" and open it with wordpad.

This file works just as the ingame options menu, but instead of buttons and sliders, there's text.
(since I can't post the image that came with this post since I'm on mobile here's the description:)

Set the top row text so it is just like below:

Render System=Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem

Save the file, and close it. Next time you run the game it should boot with the new settings you applied.

On the other hand though changing the rendering subsystem might not work at all and in that case you'll probably have to do as Feareh said except not just reinstalling but actually uninstalling your entire game and deleting the Feral Heart folder before reinstalling the game. (To be sure you rid yourself of any corrupted or damaged files) If it comes to that be sure to back up all important files like presets etc...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 10:15:09 pm by LordSuragaha »

Offline 580star

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 10:17:37 pm »
Darn...It shows I am on Direct3D9 already, And I downloaded Brokami's HD Pack & ENB Mod, Thank you so much for the Suggestions. I am following those Instructions, Thank you! I really hope this works as I just got FeralHeart fixed a few days ago because it wouldn't let me on any of my Characters. I will post if your Suggestions have worked, Otherwise I will un-install FeralHeart then Re-Install.

Well, I ended up Un-installing the Game, Rather upset because I was working on a Map now I have to remake the Terrain Mask & Height Map. Dx
I started thinking after it messed up again, Why don't I just use my Laptop? I have abandoned it for Years it seems like. And there is no Lag, Wow. I cant believe I didn't think of this Earlier. Thank you to all who helped!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 11:45:13 pm by 580star »

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 11:53:25 pm »
From my experiance, there are some modes that really don't work for some people. If this continues to close on you, then chances are that you might need to reinstall your game again so it can reset everything back to normal. Now when doing this, you will lose all of your items,maps,and any additionals you had before.

If you set your setting to Open XP, then you are going to have to render more due to the higher quality it is. For less lag, it should be switched to Direct.

No, you won't loose maps or objects. Only mods and items. I've re-installed feralheart a lot, and my objects and maps are there.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 12:41:21 am »

No, you won't loose maps or objects. Only mods and items. I've re-installed feralheart a lot, and my objects and maps are there.

Feareh does have an important point though Devyn ^_^. I've reinstalled a few times too but what usually happens is that as your reinstalling warning messages appear asking if you want to replace a specific default file with one of your modified files. Point is really backing up your important files is always an important step if you want to stay on the safe side.

As for what you said 580Star I'm really sorry to hear about you losing the map but your terrain and mask files should have been apart of the files you backed up along with presets and screenshots. It's an honest mistake but hopefully you'll know for next time D;

Offline KiroroXion

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • MorbidWolf13
    • MorbidWolf13
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 05:40:58 am »
BIG Problem!!

I just downloaded 3 new maps.

Dance Lake
Akuchimay
Hallows

Then after following hte rules that came with the maps. I went to go to my game and play and explore the worlds, But it gave me the FeralHeart.exe not working and then the small box popped up and told me to click okay. When I did, it closed my game out.

What the heck is going!?
Someone please help?!?!
Sometimes you have to break the glowstick for it to glow you know...

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 05:55:11 am »
From what I've experienced, (I'm only saying me so don't get mad at me anyone) I once downloaded a map and the read-me said to put the particles into the particle folder. I opened FH and it crashed every time. I deleted the file and it worked, so if you have any particles they might not work. (to Megan)

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 06:10:38 am »
In the future if you need help Megan you should create your own post in the help section.

Aside from that as Devyn said check your particles folder but specifically for double particles which would end with numbers like _0 or _1 etc. If you find any delete those only.

Also if that doesn't work you could always delete the maps from your exports folder but if that still doesn't work your best bet would be to uninstall the game and delete your Feral Heart folder before reinstalling. (If you go with the uninstalling bit be sure to back up all your important files like maps you've created, presets, and screenshots etc.