Author Topic: The old newbie hatred-Why do we hate them?  (Read 10654 times)

Offline FantasyDawn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Lover of Fantasy
    • View Profile
Re: The old newbie hatred-Why do we hate them?
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2013, 05:02:11 pm »
Oh I forgot another thing,so I'm going to say it now.Now let's compare the whole community of FH to a flower.Any kind of flower.It'll drop seeds,which means  the word of it will be spread to other people,and there'll come new players(the seeds).Everytime the newbie learns something,this seed begins to turn into a flower and it'll eventually become one(an elder member).You should be happy everytime you see a newbie.Why?Well if there'll be no seeds,how the reign of the flower will continue?If we act rudely to them,then the newbies wil eventually leave FH and spread the word that this game is full of newbie-haters,trolls etc and no one will likely join this community.Then,what'll be left of FH who'll be marked as "the worst community ever"?Nothing.We need our reign to expand and good things about us to be spread."We are one",in the end.

"Derpa-Derp."

Offline Demonology

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2013, 05:50:51 pm »
We were all newbies once so I don't really understand why you should hate on them just help them when they need it because soon enough they will be a experienced member just like you.

You saw nothing.

Offline rustheart

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Elbows are just arm knees.
    • RustyMcRustFace
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2013, 02:51:36 am »
In some other games (Roblox) newbies are pests most of the time and 'noob' is a insult to someone who is really bothering you.  Because they may run into you, in roblox they can push you not wall though like on FH, or blow people up because they don't know how to use weapons.  But on FH they can't do any of this and I fine it really unfair to treat them badly.  Newbies are new to the world of Feralheart and should be greeted warmly and have all the questions answered no mater how stupid not yell at for not knowing anything.
"I'm a kitchen sink, you don't know what that means. Because a kitchen sink to you, is not a kitchen sink to me, okay?"
Snow Shoe
Drawn by Aviru

Offline FantasyDawn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Lover of Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2013, 06:15:28 am »
In some other games (Roblox) newbies are pests most of the time and 'noob' is a insult to someone who is really bothering you.  Because they may run into you, in roblox they can push you not wall though like on FH, or blow people up because they don't know how to use weapons.  But on FH they can't do any of this and I fine it really unfair to treat them badly.  Newbies are new to the world of Feralheart and should be greeted warmly and have all the questions answered no mater how stupid not yell at for not knowing anything.
I play Roblox and the community is horrible,consisting of immature kids.For them,noob means everything:cheater,hacker,and many other insults.Here's a fact that gamers will understand:"Everyone better than me is a hacker,everyone worse than me is a noob".Yup,pretty much their logic.

"Derpa-Derp."

Offline rustheart

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Elbows are just arm knees.
    • RustyMcRustFace
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2013, 02:05:26 pm »
I play Roblox and the community is horrible,consisting of immature kids.For them,noob means everything:cheater,hacker,and many other insults.Here's a fact that gamers will understand:"Everyone better than me is a hacker,everyone worse than me is a noob".Yup,pretty much their logic.
So very true....
"I'm a kitchen sink, you don't know what that means. Because a kitchen sink to you, is not a kitchen sink to me, okay?"
Snow Shoe
Drawn by Aviru

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2013, 02:52:10 pm »
We were all noobs once. Hating noobs is just completely unneccesary and uncalled for. It's hardly their fault they're still getting to grips with controls, etiquette or whatever - everyone was at that stage at some point.
We should make the newbies feel welcome and help them out with stuff rather than bully them. That's what being a community is. They're not going to want to come back if the people they met were horrible to them. Yes, sometimes the things newbies do or say might seem a bit silly or stupid to us experienced players, but with a bit of practise and training, the newbs will be like us in no time. :)

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline 580star

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2013, 05:50:47 pm »
As to why people would not spend Two minutes to help a New user learn how to play the game properly has no explanation, All Users should be willing to help one another whether they are new or experienced within the game. Yes sometimes Newbies can take annoyance to an Extent, However why would someone "Hate" them?

Perhaps it could be that New users tend to skip over all the Rules & Break rules more often. In this case, Just correct their mistake and direct them to the Rules board. Easy, Problem solved if they read over them.  

Experienced members trolling new members is just harsh. Old users once needed help & They most likely got help, So why not share your Learning & Teach the New Users?

As for Roblox...That community is utterly terrible. I was talking to a "Friend" & My Sexuality came up out of no-where. A couple users told me I needed to go "Slowly die in a Hole". Ahaha, Okay. Why don't parents teach their children to accept individuals with differences in Love, Wealth, Etc. It is truly sickening Kids are going around saying those things.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 05:54:55 pm by 580star »

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2013, 07:48:21 pm »
Noobism - discrimination and prejudice towards newbies.

Noobist (sounds like nudist) - a person who is prejudice towards newbies.

I just came up with two new words.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 10:38:45 pm by DoctorFlob »

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline Slydragon99

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
  • am dead
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2013, 08:58:12 pm »
The truth is - We were all once newbies who didn't exactly know the game.

I just think that labelling someone as a "noob" , "nub", or "newb" is just disrespectful unless you actually know the person enough to judge them, which most of the "elder members" do not. They just jump to conclusions. I hate to do this, or see it done, unless there is an actual reason for labels- although labels never helped or even made anything better, they will always be around, and we just have to be more responsible in what we call people. In who we assume they are.

art by dearhunters on da

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2013, 10:24:57 pm »
Noobism - discrimination and prejudice towards newbies.

Noobist (sounds like nudist) - a person who is prejudice towards newbies.

I just came up with two new words.

...I'm okay with this. o: -sage nod-

Fight the noobism, fellow floofs. Hug a newbie today.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||