Author Topic: Lion-sized Warrior Cats?  (Read 32751 times)

Offline mossstar1992

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Poofle-Woofle
    • View Profile
Re: Lion-sized Warrior Cats?
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2013, 06:05:42 pm »
Warrior Cat RPs That Follow The Storyline of Warriors:
Firestar = License to godmod
Tigerstar = License to be the size of an airplane
Leopardstar = License to yell at anyone whos not RiverClan to "Get out of the water, you can't swim!"
Blackstar = License to just be a huge thorn in your side

Wow, that is very acurate x.X

Offline duna the killer

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • Vacationing 28th - 4th, You all are amazing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2013, 07:55:59 pm »
This happened yesterday,I was laying around in Stonebridge on my Mexican Wolf character,and I looked about 82 degrees to my right and I saw a warrior cat leader named Sunstar.From where I was he didn't look as big.But I quickly ran over there and back.And he was BIGGER than my WOLF character!And you know what sounds stupid?!He advertised that his clan was realistic!I tried to ignore him,after all it was only one cat.Then more leaders/warriors or whatever started arriving and they were almost as big as my wolf!I just got annoyed and left for another popular place to lie around at...that's when I saw Red <3....

Offline FantasyDawn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Lover of Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2013, 03:47:36 pm »
Nowadays,warrior cats RPs are more semi-realistic,sometimes totally unrealistic even if they say it's 100% realistic.So it's no wonder why we see lion-sized warrior cats around.

"Derpa-Derp."

Offline mossstar1992

• Community Champion
  • Poofle-Woofle
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2013, 06:18:48 pm »
Normaly you will see large ones for if its a mapped one, b/c then its just them on map and theydont have to compare to others ike wolves, but in public it might be wise to be maybe half size of wolf,

MyDarkSide13

« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2013, 02:50:57 am »
Well I dont think it's that bad because if you wanted to go full realistic then the character bars would be all the way to the left then you wouldn't be able to tell adult from kit. Besides I don't understand why it's such a big deal. I have never once seen a Warrior Cat role play against lions or wolves... :/

Offline circusfreak

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2013, 03:07:41 am »
I agree with Dark. The majority of you claim it is 'unrealistic' for this degree of size to be commencing throughout the warriors, but in truth it's as realistic as it can get. Kits, compared to full grown adult cats, are going to be smaller, we should all know that. The comparison would just be so much more realistic when a full grown warrior is situated next to that tiny kit. Now, I don't have much of an argue for people with freakishly small warriors, but let me go ahead and ask you this: Why do you even care? I see the lot of you complaining about warriors, so that gives me the impression you don't associate with them deliberately very often (and before anyone replies saying warriors are the ones that associate with them first, that's not what I'm saying. You all very well know you could easily ignore them and/or walk away). Why should you care about their affairs when it's obvious you couldn't give a crap about them in the first place?

Besides, I've seen freakishly small adult lions/wolves, and I don't see anybody getting onto them in this thread. It's like everyone has it out for warriors, and the whole argument seems unfair when put in their perspective.

I'm sorry this rage is so long. I've been needing to get this off my chest for awhile. I just find this whole ordeal ridiculous and a waste of everyone's time.

Offline Hotdogsrule

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • i eat cereal at 6 pm
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2013, 08:56:40 pm »
Yeah. I think that the adults could still be the default size, or a little more or less so, and apprentices half or more to the default, then kits around the bottom.
But mapped groups can do whatever they like, they aren't bothering me.
When I go to join a warriors group. (80% of the time I join mapped), I try to F3 the average size so I don't come up, looking to join, 10x smaller or larger.

bork
(i don't even like hotdogs)

Offline MoonRose12

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Georgia Bulldogs for the win! Weewt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2013, 02:12:16 am »
Dark, in some ways that is true. BUT, in other ways you are wrong. There have been MANY cases where a WC attacks and ATTEMPTS to fight off a wolf or a lion. And, frankly, I find that quite sensible that they do.
In the books, Tigerstar "recruits" the dogs to help. I, myself, have in many cases found out that having a few wolves during a battle will help. I observed the battle at L Island a few weeks, maybe days, ago where PossessedClan had SmallTail, there deputy, recruit a few wolves and dogs to help battle. Sadly, the clan they were battling kept saying that they would just ignore or block the wolves. They turned to be fighting the wolves all together. All-In-all, one of the other clan even asked if they could recruit SmallTail's wolves. I laughed my head off, and they turned out to flee like mice to their little holes.
Great, great ,-c- granddaughter of two US presidents!
Presets are /FREE/ now until the end of this year! Get them /now/ before I close this off!
Map making is going on! Check out my DA for more information!

Dedicated Grammar Nazi 2013-2014[/color

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2013, 05:04:01 pm »
Ooh I know this feeling very well - seeing a character, whether it be a cat, a fox or a wolf, that seems far to big that what it would actually be. It can be very irritating, and sometimes I feel like saying "Your character is completely out of proportion, chill out with the macho-ness!" Of course, who am I to tell people what size their characters should be? The size gauge on the character creator doesn't have universal units of measurement, and so people will interpret it differently.

Personally, I gauge it on the default starting point in the middle. On the canine model, I'd say the centre point would be the size of an average grey wolf. On the feline model, the centre point would be a average size of a lion. And then I use that as a baseline to decide the size of my character. For example, when making a fox character I'd use my 'baseline measurement'. Going by the size comparison you've shown us, I'd say the fox is around... maybe half the size of the wolf, probably a bit less. So I'd put the slider somewhere between the lowest measurement and the middle one. Maybe adjusting it slightly for characteristics such as gender. This is mainly for realistic characters.

For unrealistic/fantasy characters, huge sizes don't bother me too much...within reason. A demonic dog could easily be quite a bit larger than your average wolf, but perhaps not gigantic. But that's up for debate XD.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline mossstar1992

• Community Champion
  • Poofle-Woofle
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2013, 06:21:20 pm »
I saw a cat named Tinykit, and he was the size of lion ._.
Tiny my fuzzy cat tail ._.