Author Topic: Cross-Gender Rpers?  (Read 34962 times)

Offline Edgegod

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Cross-Gender Rpers?
« Reply #90 on: July 10, 2013, 05:30:02 pm »
Ive had encounters like this in wolfquest so often..
I rp as a male because everyone always mistook me for a male anyway when I was a female.
At one point I corrected someone because they called me a he. Not my char, me.
They quit the game. Then the next day, they sent their new found mate after me to kill me.
We were buddies for a month before that happened -u-

In FH, someone flipped out and raged, powerplayed, and said they would get a mod.  a cat was following my char around, asked to be a mate, then just exploded when they found out I wasnt :'D

Different time, me and my char both were mistaken for a male. A joke was made out of it on a newbie, because for some reason she liked my char. I went afk for whatever reason, and when I come back, shes raging at me. Then she leaves the group.
I ask the leader why. "I told her you were a girl c: "
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 01:31:05 pm by S.N. »

Offline OmegaToAlpha

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • You are not a 'Gangsta', Pull up your pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 10, 2013, 05:37:40 pm »
My main character is male. I'm female.

PROBLEM BRO?
I don't mind it. x3

Offline nubeees

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 10, 2013, 10:08:28 pm »
I'm a male, and I sometimes (not often) play female characters. If someone has a pawblem with that, deal with it, I don't care.

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 10, 2013, 11:59:11 pm »
I see no problem towards Cross-gender roleplayers. One of my closest friends roleplays as a male but they're a female in real life. Even though I don't tend to be a cross-gender roleplayer, I don't and will never judge those who wish to be as such. They might just feel more comfortable roleplaying a character of the opposite gender, you never know. Everyone has a right to roleplay what they wish to roleplay.
gone

Offline BlueKinTsukiko

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 12, 2013, 03:36:52 am »
I think I wouldn't be able to play fh if I wasn't allowed to do cross gender rp o.e....I only rp as a male really..

Offline Berrymutt

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Huge Critical Role nerd
    • Berrymutt
    • berrymuttbb
    • Berrymutt
    • NickBerrymutt
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 12, 2013, 01:13:36 pm »
I've seen most Cross-players ending up being Females in real life. Like 75% of the Feralheart population is females and I being A guy in real life roleplay as males or gender less creations. The only time when I Roleplayed as A 'Lady was when a bunch of friends and me became Ladys and durped around. I have no problem with cross-gender Roleplaying all my female friends do it generally.

Avatar made by Ziboe. Signature Made By DOG-BOWL On DeviantArt.
Discord: Berrymutt#0225
Twitch: Berrymutt
Download My Presets

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2013, 02:13:02 pm »
In my RP accounts (Akko and Nisk) there are always male characters, rarely I make a female, and I'm a girl.
I don't like when people bully just because they're the opposite gender in real life.

In-game name as: Whinp

Offline Chapawee

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 12, 2013, 08:18:46 pm »
My personality is a bit more male, so being as I sometimes RP this way, I think it's fine.
Moving to my new account: Windstrider. Hopefully everybody can find it ok!

Offline WolvenEdge

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 12, 2013, 10:38:19 pm »
I will say right out that I do not, and probably will not play as a female character. I just felt more than slightly uncomfortable when I tried it, and couldn't get into any role I set up for myself when I did. I congratulate all you who are able to do as I found myself unable; you have a talent I lack, and from what I've seen you play as your characters very well. I am new to the rp community as a whole, and I enjoy simply wandering around maps watching personalities collide, and watching many of these rps I am incredibly impressed, and am learning more every hour even. Watching some of these wondrous creations swiftly implode thanks to someone changing a gender bender into a gender blender is incredibly saddening, and leaves me with less to watch and learn from, as well as confusing me to no end as to what the problem is. Even if you play a character as I do, as an extension of a part of yourself with many parts that are not, I see not why it would matter. Different people roleplay in different fashions, and each can become a beautiful part of a masterpiece in storywork, but all parts would be needed, and causing the fission of a group due to petty responses to issues like this places yet another story in the realm of the unfinished, and causes more pain to the members of the group than the issue itself is worth.
So all you roleplayers out there who haven't gotten past this, take a cootie booster shot or something, even if only for the sake of the story, and you might even find out you like the person even more than before. Through watching rps and reading this thread, I just might try it again sometime, just to see if I can grow a new talent, and add another dimension to stories I take part in.
"If my claws and teeth cannot keep my fur together, then maybe I don't deserve to have it."
--Trufflehunter the Badger, Prince Caspian, C.S. Lewis

"Why is it that reality constantly ignores my imagination? It can't possibly like itself the way it is."
--Namah, Prelude webcomic (Dreamkeepers), Dave & Liz Lillie

Offline Dorhy101

• Curious Wanderer
  • The Goddess Of Freaks
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2013, 09:56:07 am »
I don't mind it, People sometimes do I do it a lot.
I Am A Freak You Are A Freak Just Get Over It And Join The Club >:P