Author Topic: Fur textures!  (Read 5846 times)

Offline Squee

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
Fur textures!
« on: March 05, 2013, 06:34:10 pm »
Hello! :D

My suggestion for the game is sort of a fuzzy idea but people can pick up where I'm getting at.

I'm basically suggesting a widened variety of fur textures. c:

I understand that people can download texture MODs and stufflez BUT... that fur is used on ALL your character models?

So what if I wanted to go and create a hairless dog (just generalizing here) and I don't want it to look like it's from Impressive Title and I don't want to go make a preset because even then not everyone can see your character how you see it. Nor do I want to go and download a fur MOD that'll make it have a detailed bald-like look, because again like the presets, not everyone sees your character like you do?

Why not offer a viarity of fur textures, like how markings are offered, so people can choose what shading and texture their character will have. :) We can make cats with the illusion of looking fluffy (I know some warrior cats are meant to look like the Ragdoll breed which are rather fluffy cats etc... So this'll be useful for them) or canines with shorter-looking fur texture (for Pitbulls etc...) and more scruffy looking textures for those more unkempt characters (An old wolf or snow leopard with matted fur?) also with the realistic fur MODs. :)

Everyone sort of understand what I'm getting at here? I suck at explaining things.

That's basically my idea.

To have an option for more fur textures for characters to give them just that extra touch of amazing! :)

^^

~C  R  O  S  S  W  O  R  K

Signature by Velkss! :)

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Fur textures!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 06:39:00 pm »
That would actually be pretty awesome. Cool idea Crosswork! :) hopefully Kovu will come back eventually and consider an idea like this. The fur texture really completes the character look for me and some of my characters are rugged or well aged characters and the current default texture never fits them so I always have to create my own fur textures and presets...if a variety of fur textures were offered in game it could really help add another option for variety among people's characters :)

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 06:55:29 pm »
Nice idea here. I would like to have that opption for some of the characters I have. I have some characters that are meant to have long fur, while others have short fur. It would be great if we had opptions like these to choose from.
Inactive

Offline :.DarkMist.:

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 05:32:58 am »
Great idea! I would love to have different choices of fur length for my characters.

Offline Acetaminophen

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 05:39:13 am »
Aye, yes. Great idea!
When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind. - C. S. Lewis

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 12:10:09 pm »
omg thats scary, I was just thinking of this idea, I was going to my thread to put it on, and I see this! o.o
I may as well not put it on my thread otherwise it will seem like copying.
our minds are linked @_@ -does psycho eyes thingy-

Offline Ramine

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
    • View Profile
    • Ramine on DeviantART
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 03:23:19 pm »
I actually really like this idea. :]

If I may add something, it would also be very nice to be able to toggle the visibility of the fur texture, some people may want to go for the more realistic look and give their character a more rougher coat and others like the TLK looks where the fur texture are very light or not visible at all.

The sad thing is, this shouldn't be very hard to do either, because it sounds like it would work like our markings/eyes/tails/etc. So it's a shame it won't be added anytime soon. Although I'm a big fan of presets, I still think this should be an actual option in the game. c:

Signature by Delay. <3