Author Topic: Would this frustrate you?  (Read 5043 times)

Offline Acetaminophen

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Would this frustrate you?
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2013, 05:33:50 am »
Maybe we're thinking in the wrong direction, aye? Yes, I'm a nerd, but hear me out. Remember Malcolm X and MLK? X's plan was sabotage, but really, he's just proving the majority's opinion they were savages. MLK went with reason, and ultimately ended up doing more. If you want to prove you're responsible, you can't sabotage the program.

I've got two ideas. Number one is:

Perhaps ask your aunt if you can talk. Ask her which sites she doesn't like and her reasons. Don't argue with her, agree with her maybe, and let her finish her spiel. Make her feel good, like you really understand and she has good points. She can't have a fit if you agree with everything.

Then isolate the more innocent of the bunch (like mediafire) and tell her that everything uploaded has been scanned for viruses and say that you know [insert whatever she had a fit about] is wrong and there's no reason you'd want to get it. Tell her you know why she did it and you're ok with it.

Then wait awhile. Be perfect on the web. Go maybe two, three weeks and ask her if she'd be willing to let you have a little more wriggle room. Tell her you'd though about it and want to test yourself or something.

Basically go with her plan and try to convince her you feel the same, and hopefully she'll let up.

Idea two kinda goes with this metaphore I came up with:
Lets say you have a two year old and a cookie. You tell him he's not allowed to eat it. But the kid's misbehaved before, so you assume he'll eat the cookie, and you glue it to the ceiling. Now, he CAN'T eat it nor can he prove he wouldn't if it was in reach.

Try writing a long, well-though out paper to her explaining in detail what you do online, why, which sites you access. Explain about terms she'd stumble over, like avatar, and tell her what every program is about. You can either go for the emotional angle and say how hurt you are she doesn't trust you; or ask her if, like the cookie story, she'd change to a program to copies your browsing history and you can show her that you never go astray.

And if by accident, you click a bad link, tell her and say you didn't think it would be what it was.

I feel for you, bro. My mom only let me use the computer for a fourth of the time I usually did last year, but I pulled my grades up and removed the ban.

Ace
When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind. - C. S. Lewis

Koolwolfe

Re: Would this frustrate you?
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2013, 09:42:49 am »
Lol, that must suck badly like Ultra badly... :/ Thisvwould frustrate about anyone deleting IMVU rediculous FH rediculous.