Author Topic: This Problem is Annoying.....  (Read 1402 times)

Offline Frostdragongirl

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
This Problem is Annoying.....
« on: March 12, 2013, 12:00:43 am »
Too annoying.  Basically, every time I get on to Feral Heart, in-game or messing with one of the makers, exactly every 3 or 4 minutes, my monitor shuts down.  Can't even hear or do anything when it does.  And it won't even give me 5 minutes. :I

Yes, I've tested it, (Twice), and yes I'm sure it does this.

Idk what's going on. If it's my monitor, the game or what.

Please help if you can.

~Frost
~The only way to make a friend...is to always be by their side...and care and accompany them whenever they are lonely.~

Thierry

Re: This Problem is Annoying.....
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 12:34:28 am »
Seems like the a graphics card problem, it is happens just with FH or with any 3D game too?
If it happens with other 3D games i could guess the graphics card is overheating.

Otherwise i have no idea.

Offline Frostdragongirl

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 01:15:53 am »
Thank you for the advice.

But, to be honest, we can play WoW and Warhammer with no problem. We have a gaming computer especially built for this that's not that old, so I think the graphic card is ok, though we haven't ruled it out.

Thanks again, I'll be sure to check that out.
~The only way to make a friend...is to always be by their side...and care and accompany them whenever they are lonely.~

Thierry

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 10:33:59 pm »
I think the problem also can be related to your graphics card drivers, try to update them.

As you said you can no even hear anything i guess your computer crashes entirely, i would check the Event viewer to see if there are any system/application crashes with a error code that could give a hint of where is the problem.

i Would also start Dxdiag and to do all the test to check any problem.

And for the last, in feral heart go to options and change the rendering subsystem (may affect performance but maybe to fix your problem).

Offline Kafei

• Curious Wanderer
  • ?????? ?? ??? ????
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 01:01:37 am »
I've never had this problem, and I'm not a pro with computer problems just yet, but maybe you could try and see if your graphics card driver is outdated. If it is, try and update it. To do so,

Go to start menu
Scroll to computer and right click
Click on 'Manage'
Click on 'Device Manager'
Click on the arrow next to 'Display Adapters'
Right click on your graphics card (Intel, Nvidia)
Click on 'Update driver software'

Might not help, but I thought it's worth a try. :D

Offline Frostdragongirl

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 03:04:37 am »
Thanks for the help guys :)

Turns out it was out dated and it's updating as I'm typing this ^^

Again, thanks.

Offline Frostdragongirl

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 07:21:08 pm »
It's doing it again 0_0

Thierry

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 05:13:25 pm »
I has been thinking on your problem, and I have no more good or easy suggestions now.

Im sure you already tried to reinstall FH so, here there are the not easy suggestions (from the easier to the harder):

-Run a live CD of linux (like mint, ubuntu or slax) and install Wine emulator, try to run FH using OpenGL.
-Try to run FH on a virtual machive like WMware
-Run FH on another operating sistem installation, this is like making your computer to have 2 operating sistems.

If after doing any of there you continue having the same problem i would suspect about the hardware of your computer specially the graphics card. But changing anything means to spend money.

BTW, have you tested and had problems with any other Ogre based games like Impressive title?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 05:15:55 pm by Thierry »

Offline Frostdragongirl

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2013, 06:51:25 am »
Yes, actually. It does it with all the IT games I have.