Author Topic: Mates on FH: Sometimes it can be Risky!  (Read 7432 times)

Offline femalecreature

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • it is i the official eggplant
    • View Profile
Re: Mates on FH: Sometimes it can be Risky!
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2013, 07:59:31 pm »
I could not agree with you more! Anybody can be anybody on the internet! A person who claims to be 18 may as well be some 11 year old. It's simple logic that you don't take anybody as a mate. I do believe in getting to know your "mate" than "insta-mating". I haven't really thought much about asking other people, except if I know them in real life, like my friend Jeanna, who I know in real life, and we agreed to be "mates" (not really, just close friends) in one Warrior Cat roleplay. It was simple, and she didn't pester me i any possible way.
egg me up inside (can't egg up)

Offline Candystar

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • SLENDERMAN COME RESCUE US
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2013, 12:36:18 am »
It's the internet after all.

I totally agree. XD The internet can be a dangerous and risky place, and it could end up getting you hurt or worse.

Mood song:Zombie by Miser

DeviantArt username: InvaderSwag

Warriors Forum Username: \~BlushingPelt~/

Offline saphira_2

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • "They're allways there for me."
    • View Profile
    • FeralHeart
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2013, 12:47:04 pm »
Well.

Yeah the internet is sometimes dangorus but allways, awesome because YOU CAN PLAY GAMES Or, chat'or something x3

Cheers,

Aruina~

Offline Blueyi

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • omf Len Kagamine x Miku Hatsune is my OTP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2013, 09:35:44 pm »
I completely agree. Whenever I walk by and I'm just strolling, I see people ask what their age is and name.
Someone once asked me, and I was like: 'GTFO' and I left the group.

This is a warning to all players! We must be careful out there!
Yeah yeah, you want a mate. But if they ask what your age, city, or full name is? Leave.
Don't bother to say: 'uh..'
or:
'ya um'
'why'
'please get away from me'
'thats too informational'
Just walk away, block them, and move on with your life.

Who knows? This dude can be what, 69 and maybe live in your city!!

People ask me sometimes;
'whats your name and where do you live?'
'hi whats your facebook'
'whats your number?'

YES! You can have online mates! If they don't ask you personal questions, you're good!
You can give out your first name and gender. BUT NO AGE, CITY, OR FULL NAME!

Please, you can find other people out there. There are opposite gender canines/felines that are good enough to not give personal questions.

Some lol cats that explain it.

Here dis explains my outro:

I ship the VOCALOIDs Miku Hatsune and Len Kagamine together. Problem?

Offline puppy 12

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • Meow...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2013, 11:15:29 pm »

Perfect example, but in human form!

don't click this link... Please DONT

Meep Meep.

If you need help including the Game or Forum PM me!

ATTENTION! I shall be inactive for the next couple of weeks, but I will still be able to get on.

Offline negativePolaroid

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
    • piperwhiskers.deviantart.com
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2013, 11:36:41 pm »
Agreed.

'Nuff said.

EnderStar

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2013, 11:54:55 pm »
I've heard of Mate Beggers, but I've never really encountered one because I wasn't very active on Feral Heart before the big crash.

But I know what they are, because I have seen them on other multiplayer games I've played.

I honestly think it's stupid to want to make a relationship on a game for real life. You want a boyfriend or girlfriend? Crawl back to eHarmony with your fake photoshopped pictures and find someone else who is desparate to make out with. Okay I admit that was rough but I find it pretty annoying, especially in a multiplayer I play it doesn't make any sense! xD

But in a roleplay as you said, is different. That's more understandable.

Offline Acetaminophen

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2013, 12:05:56 am »
Pretty much what I'd say's been said.

Y'know, I've never been big into mates or whatever. But what really irks me is when people have a fit over being told they're not: literate enough, the right gender, realistic, able to get maps, etc, and then somehow they tell you you're the bad guy. Just whaaaat? 'Scuse me, did I come up and harass you in whiny, hardly legible text? Pfft, no. Fudge off.

Granted most rps die out before you can get a person, leaving room for the centers. But ask and get someone your rp level and style from the center. Otherwise, politely ask someone in whisper and take no for an answer! Don't attack random people chatting at a level WAY above yo' head and ruin their day, aye?

Besides that, it's a game, y'all. You're playing with any age range, any gender, any team, any mental status. You want a mate, keep it IC. You really like the person they say they are? Maybe have relationships on other chars, but in the end, you've got a good internet friend and not a girl/boyfriend.

'Course, I tend to be a tactless idiot when I talk, so take no offense from my rant. ._.
When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind. - C. S. Lewis

Offline YouheiSunohara24

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Don't touch my chocolate, or you DIE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2013, 06:40:25 pm »
I hate mate begging.. it's annoying. However, I don't mind the idea of having mates. I also don't mind real online relationships as long as there are good circumstances.
 I have a real mate. Now.. time for a history lesson.
We started off as just friends.. We talked and hung out, being derps. Obi (My mate, as she is affectionately called) and her mate Ortros were my two best friends. I am the "sickly" type, and get sick a lot.. I also have an abusive mother, and barely any IRL friends. Obi understood me.. We both had Irl problems, and helped each other. Soon, I started curling around her character in a friendly hug... Ortros got pissed off. He would snarl and yell at me every time I hugged Obi. His yelling pissed Obi off. Then, when I was sick, Ortros said my pain was funny. That put Obi in rage mode. Then, we both started getting on Imvu... and then my sister stole the computer and told Obi I liked her, which I did. She brought it up to me, and I finally admitted. Obi left Ortros, and came to me. Now, we talk on the phone for hours each day and love each other more than anything. We also plan to live together when we turn 20. Lol.. So yeah... derp.
For me, crazy is a loose term. Crazy is when you drive by in a car with a shotgun shooting a cops. Cuz... then you're gonna get in big trouble. Crazy is when you start screaming at the word "Shinigami". Crazy is when you support Kira. You're crazy if you touched my chocolate because that means you want to die. If you're crazy, put this in ur sig.XD

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2013, 08:50:45 pm »
I don't really find people that love me much. I had a mate once on a character, but never saw them again due to online coming issues. I don't have mates a lot, and I have to admit, mate beggars, I really hate when they spam me up in bonfire while I roleplay alone (I do that often). Sometimes they spam up the general chat, or spam with movies.

I never, ever, got a whisper saying "do u want to be my mate?" as I remember. If I ever did, I'd ignore. I need to know the person before we are mates, in my opinion. In roleplay I liked a few people, then my game crashed. The end. Not like account mate, just for roleplay.

I rarely get any mates, which I don't care. My characters, most often males, though I'm female in real life, never get mates. Nira got a mate as I remember, that's it. I don't remember anything else. So I pretty much think roleplay mates are the best. Nothing else, to me. Things happen and change, but I maybe have to agree with you. Though one thing, I often feel I'm way too young to have a mate even on a game yet, unless it's roleplay in a game. I'm glad I don't like anyone truly in real life yet, but eh, I sort of do, but in-game mates aren't for me yet, unless for roleplay.

That's my opinion, saying I agree.

~Hugrf