Author Topic: Forgotten Lands, An Ice Age Themed Map Finished! Beta Testers Needed  (Read 3891 times)

Offline caninesrock

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
    • Extinct Animals Roleplay in Animal Testing Facility Here on Feral Heart. Please join. It's a 3D rp.
Re: Forgotten Lands, An Ice Age Themed Map W.I.P.-Possibly Canceled :(
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2013, 07:08:36 pm »
Hey guys. Sadly, I have some possible bad news. The computer that I was building this map on just crashed yesterday and I don't know if it can be fixed or not. :( So, depending on the outcome, this map is either on haitus or possibly canceled if my new computer can't be fixed. (I'm typing this on my old crappy computer.) Sorry guys. I could try to rebuild it but then I'd have a ton of meshes to redownload and I'd have to start all over again from scratch and I don't think I'm up for that. It really sucks because I put so much work in to it. I'm not going to give up just  yet though. I'm taking my computer to a repair shop either tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. I guess I've learned my lesson on ignoring virsuses for too long the hard way. :/ Atleast all my characters have been saved on the online account even if some of them don't have the presets to go with them right now. *sigh*

Offline caninesrock

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • Extinct Animals Roleplay in Animal Testing Facility Here on Feral Heart. Please join. It's a 3D rp.
Re: Forgotten Lands, An Ice Age Themed Map W.I.P.
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2013, 02:25:10 am »
Hey guys. Good news. My computer AND the map have been saved. I'm thinking of putting the map up for download as is.

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Lands, An Ice Age Themed Map W.I.P.
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2013, 05:43:46 am »
Yay for the good news! :3 Meep, nice map still.... :o it looks pretty neat so far as it looks to me.

Offline caninesrock

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Lands, An Ice Age Themed Map Finished! Beta Testers Needed
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2013, 03:28:47 pm »
Thanks.

So,I'm releasing the map as is.

First,however, I want some beta testers to test and make sure the map works right on their computers.

I'm going to need around 3-5 beta testers.

Rules for being a beta-tester are:
1. You must've made atleast one map yourself.
2.You must've downloaded and used atleast one map made by someone else.
3.Test the map and report back to me any problems or glitches you find through pm.
4.You are not allowed to give the map to anyone else until beta testing is finished.
5.Although not required, it would also be great if you did beta testing for someone else's map before.

You can put in your application here to be a beta tester.

If I accept your application, I will send you a link to the map download through pm.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 03:31:09 pm by caninesrock »

Offline caninesrock

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Lands, An Ice Age Themed Map Finished! Beta Testers Needed
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2013, 03:42:11 am »
Umm....So I guess I should say  what I'm looking for beta-testers to report.

-Missing/Not Showing Up Objects-Are all the objects I showed in this topic showing in the map?

-Disfigured Objects/Glitches-Do any objects have any glitches that make them look disfigured?(I.e. Objects split in half, objects showing double, objects floating above the ground,etc.)

-Missing or Broken Portal-Is the Portal not showing up in Cape of Distant Worlds or in my map?Is the portal not letting you enter it even though its visible?

-No Sound-Is the sound not working in the map? Is there no music,water splashes,or other sound effects?

-Map taking too long to load,running slowly,not loading, or crashing game-Is the map taking too long to load,running slowly, not loading at all, or crashing the game?