Author Topic: Ah, how horrid is server hiatus and writer's block.  (Read 1210 times)

Offline Akatariel

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • We're all mad here, mad as hatters. AND IT'S OK.
    • View Profile
Ah, how horrid is server hiatus and writer's block.
« on: March 23, 2013, 03:37:10 am »
Well, dearest citizens of Narnia-But-Without-A-Plot-And-Just-2-Types-Of-Animal-Avatars, I must say I'm rather disappointed. There is literally nothing for me to do now. School's out, my housemate GoldenWingKitty is in a semiconscious boredom stasis that even coffee and tabletop role playing won't cure, and work is linear enough as the place has no customers and therefore no need for a customer service guy (yes, I'm a guy, the reason the info might show ''female'' is because the account belonged to my sister, but she then disowned it and forgot about it until I found the sticky note with the info).

I tried writing angsty fanfiction (translated and not, though it's a pain getting Russian to flow smoothly in English) of the Russian series my housemate's username is derived from, but to no avail as about five ''chapters'' in, I put it on hiatus until I can come up with more plot. Sorry, grotter.ru peeps, but there just isn't much I can do with a dead Goldenwing, his grieving partner, a ''comforting'' apprentice and a comic-relief griffin. Juno (said apprentice) isn't having luck cheering up Alethia after Niketas kicked the bucket, Windy's trying to eat the apprentice's head for acting like his master's best friend was just a nobody and Nocturne the ebil Shadow Guardian murderer chick is just calmly sitting there enjoying the angst fest. Oh, and Al came very close to becoming a cold-blooded evil ''I switched sides'' archetype after she was asked about Nik's death one too many times. (And I quote: ''I'm going to kill you the same way he died if you ask again.'') But naw, I'm out of ideas. Having her end her own life is a bit too tragic and I don't deal in that kind of thing. (Actually, Al isn't the kind of character to kill herself. She does firmly believe in what she serves, but she won't kill herself over it unless it was to save somebody's life.)

Oh, crud, what were we talking about again? Not the fanfic... uh... hm... oh, right, FH going off. Damn. Well, I'm not pleased. Get it back online before I set my fanfic characters to  attacking you painfully. PLEASE. For the love of the Light and the Shadow and in memory of the eternal defeat of Chaos. I swear on my honor and that of my housemate that we WILL get over there with flutes and frying pans in hand.
Akat Oddness Industries: Registering on sites with emails specifically for that purpose since 1942 despite not being born yet! Help stop useless 'someone has replied' spam and use site-specific email addresses. o3o

Well, this is my united states of wwhatewwah!

BouncyLion101

Re: Ah, how horrid is server hiatus and writer's block.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 03:41:28 am »
The server being down is the worst. e.e
The people that are fixing it do have a lot on their plate, though. And hey, at least we have the forums back up again now. :3

By tomorrow or Sunday the game's server will hopefully be completely fixed. :D

Offline mossstar1992

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Poofle-Woofle
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 03:45:35 am »
uh, they are doing all they can, plz be patient.

Offline morallydefunct

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Brother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 03:47:04 am »
Been down since Sunday. -Sips apple juice- But, all we can do is be patient..

Ugh.

Well, at least we have the forums to keep us entertained. c:
I'm not going outside for fresh air. It's 10 PM, almost 11 PM.
Maybe tomorrow it'll be up. Or, in a couple of days.

God. Tired of hearing the same thing. xD

>mfw i see internet arguments

Offline mossstar1992

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Poofle-Woofle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 03:52:19 am »
sunday? mines only been down since tuesday O.o but then agian, idk, my whole week had been unknown, i didnt even know it was friday O.O