Author Topic: Preset Problems  (Read 4440 times)

Offline Neskii

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Preset Problems
« on: March 23, 2013, 08:30:23 am »
I had no clue where to post this, so i will post it here! XD
I am having some major difficulties letting people see my preset.
For ex.: When i send someone my preset, they cant see it in the game.
This has happened will all of my presets and it very annoying.
Does anyone know how to fix this?

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Re: Preset Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 11:31:54 am »
First of all, have you done the following?

Tip: (# = Number)

- Have you exported your preset in preset maker?
(Preset maker>>Export)
- Have you uploaded (yourusername)_# from your presets folder onto mediafire or any other sharing sites?
(Local Disk (C:) >> FeralHeart >> Presets >> (Your Username)_# >> Upload to mediafire or other.)
- And have you given the link to your preset download?
(Make sure your friend(s) have placed the downloaded preset into Local Disk (C:) >> Feral heart >> Presets [NOT My Presets]
- Then restart FH.

Other reasons?
Problem one: You may see a (2), (3) or (4) at the end of your preset file, like this for example:

Ask your friend(s) if they see (yourusername)_#(2) and If they do, ask them to remove the (2) and restart FH.

Problem two: Sometimes on other people's screens they see your username in lower case when some of your username may be in capitals. Make sure they re-name it to what they see, or what you see. For e.g.

OR

Problem three: You may not have made your preset with the height and width of 512x512 (Some people get confused with 513x513). If not, change it.

Well, I hope this helped you. I may have a few other solutions up my sleeve, but good luck for now.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 11:34:20 am by BigBangTheory »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

ThrillexForLife

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 12:42:51 pm »

Unless you share your actual preset's files from it's folder in your "My Presets" folder or it's fhp file from your "Presets" folder to others no one else in game can see you in your preset.

If you want others to see you in your preset but not be able to use it themselves you can export it in your preset maker and then go to your "Presets" folder. There you should find a file that looks like this:
yourusername_thepresetsnumber.fhp
Just upload that file to any file sharing site like mediafire.com etc and then share it's download link with whoever you wish :)

Just adding on to BingBang, since she pretty much said it all... (With ShotScreenes provided c: )

So what you need to do is make an account. After that you go here..Which says 'My Flies'. When you're in that spot. Go to 'Upload' Which I circle here. Then you click it you'll see a green tab, saying 'Begin upload'. Click it- My bad I mean click the 'Plus' and you'll see all your downloads. After that, make sure you go to 'OS '(C: ). Click it go and to go FeralHeart>Preset>(Your username and the number.)

Remember, Feralheart>Preset>(Your username and number)

Hope this helps.

Offline Neskii

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 01:50:37 pm »
Thank you :)
I have done all of this accurately, and still people cant see it :|

ThrillexForLife

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 01:54:59 pm »
Make sure you clicked the link and then just on the game. xD Simple. Noting else.

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 02:04:08 pm »
Have you saved all your presets with .png? and changed the coding from .jpg to .png? and have you named them correctly?

Blue = What the preset should be named. (# = Number)
Aqua = What should be changed. (There should be 2 of everything, L+R, but the tail and mane.)

e.g.
material preset_5_bodyMatL
{
   technique
   {
      pass
      {
         texture_unit
         {
            texture preset_#body.PNG
         }
      }
   }
}

If you don't know how to access the coding go to Local Disk (C:) >> Feral Heart >> My_Presets >> Preset_# folder >> Preset # material file (note pad).

Then try exporting it again >> Upload it and send it to your friends.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 02:05:49 pm by BigBangTheory »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 04:05:46 pm »
If you are having problems letting others see your preset then you need to send out the fhp that the preset making in Feral Heart makes ya.

Like when you send your preset in Feral Heart and test it out, you click on "Export" and it should make alittle fhp file with your username and a number you have your preset in.

This little thing is called a notepad. You use it to type in any coding, scripting, or love letters :3. When you click on it you see the codes as you see from above. When saving your character you must save it as the folder name you are beginning with. For example:
material preset_9_headMatL
{
   technique
   {
      pass
      {
         texture_unit
         {
            texture preset_9head.jpg
         }
      }
   }
}
material preset_9_headMatR
{
   technique
   {
      pass
      {
         texture_unit
         {
/            texture preset_9head.jpg
         }
      }
   }
}
the blue letters numbers are to match up, and your saved file should have the jpg name too.
(Im using only the head portion now cause that's all of Feareh i have done already)
Now that all your coding is done and you finished your head, start up Feral Heart.Once in there, click on the "Tools" button which would take you to this page
From there you click on the "Preset" button
Now Click on the folder you saved it under and there is your head C:
When exporting your character in game, you are creating a fph file for yourself. When it is exporting, it automatically goes into your "Preset folder" where your friends presets are suppose to go. So its not lost or anything, ok.

When on the Preset page you are going to see things like these on there
Custom:This means you can switch to any other preset you have.
Export:This is what you actually press to put your preset on Feral Heart. Once you click that button, you create a fph file for yourself of your selected preset
OK: Its not what it seems really. This isn't what makes your preset go into Feral Heart. Once you click this button, it sends you to a testing area to make sure everything is working on your preset. This is where you may see imperfections such as missing eyes, or non=moving textures that you wanted actually moving
Cancel: Its exactly how it sounds, click this button and it closes down everything and directs you to the Log in page where we all start.
Click on the "Export button and a message like this should pop up. NOTE: You cant export your preset if you are not logged in. You need to log yourself with your username and password in, and then export. If you don't do this, it has no idea what username this preset belongs to.
Now once you exported it, go to your characters list, and its time to put the preset on
Once that is over and done with, your preset is now ready to go. Now since this isn't finished, i deleted it, but this is the general way into making and setting up a preset.
Now that you have done everything listed above, its time to show off your smexy preset to the whole world....of Feral Heart. Cause basically, you are the only one who can really see your preset until you start giving out your fph
Now if you have been reading and not looking at the pretty picture, you would know by now that YOUR fph file is located in the "Preset" folder. When you locate your preset fph, then send it off to either mediafire, or tinyurl.com, and give anyone the link that your fph is under.
Do NOT remove your fph file from the "Preset" folder, it stays there for eternity.
END
And that is the end of this lesson for today. Make sure you read everything i have to offer for you new preset makers out there. and fallow the steps carefully. For more tips and advice, feel free to PM me here or send me a pigeon with a little note. Ill be sure to reply to you soon.
Class dismiss.

I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358