Author Topic: Map Request. 0/2 *SLOTS OPEN*  (Read 1015 times)

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
Map Request. 0/2 *SLOTS OPEN*
« on: March 25, 2013, 10:43:45 am »
Herro! I am orcawhitewolf13. I am an intermediate map maker and would love to help you Feral buddies out! I make Wolf, Lion, Cat Rp's. Comment below if you're interested.
not active here anymore ♡

Offline Flarefur

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Louis William Tomlinson ?
    • View Profile
    • Apparentia Meridiem
Re: Map Request. 0/2 *SLOTS OPEN*
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 05:56:50 pm »
Oooh! I've been looking for an experienced map maker! I recently made a wolf roleplay...But I posted the thred in the wrong place. (xD) Here's what it said:

"
Hello!

Well, I recently opened up a roleplay entitled Apparentia Meridiem, and I have not yet released it to FeralHeart due to an issue;

My FeralHeart will not let me use my heightmap.

Yes, it is grayscale. Yes, it is PNG. Yes, it is saved in FeralHeart>Media>Terrains, and yes, I have renamed it. It will not let me put it in as a height map, and I really need this to be finished, because otherwise, it's gonna bug me. -_- So I need a fairly good map maker to make this map for me. I can send you the height map, the terrain map, and I can tell you what textures to use per colour. I can also tell you what to put in each 'region' and where the characters' homes are. Though I'm not sure this is a very great reward, I would let whoever does this map for me be a mod in the roleplay, possibly a high-position or in a prophecy < Depends. You have to be at least semi-literate :3 . So...yeah. That's it. Thanks!
"
You don't have to pm me...you could just respond to me on this thread. o3o I really need help with it because of that glitch. It's killing me!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 06:01:32 pm by Louis? »

Offline Ad Astra

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 08:52:00 pm »
Hi there darlin! So, I've put a lot of effort into creating a rp (website, tumblr account, deviantart account, plot, email, etc.) However, I've recently discovered that I am absolutely HORRID at creating a map. Its awful. Anyway, I was hoping that perhaps  you help me with predicament, seeing as I can't do so myself. I'm going to sound awfully bossy here, and feel COMPLETELY and utterly free to remove/add/change anything at all that you want, but me and a few fellow members have composed some of the basics:

Type of RP: Wolf RP
How many groups in the map?: Two, with a few loner wolves
Size: Medium to medium large. The goal is to have forced interaction with the packs without being cramped.
Biomes: I'm really hoping for a thick, foresty scene, with perhaps a river running through it. Natural rocks and boulders, etc.
The Dens: This is where I'm going to sound absolutely, dreadfully bossy... The dens of the packs are where the majority of the RP is taking place, and thus need to be sort of... largish? And detailed (ugh, sorry... I'm sounding bossy.). One pack can have herbs and such in a pile by one of the dens, however, the other cannot. The same works in vice versa for food (part of the rp plot). I was also hoping that one den site/camp would be set up on raised terrain or perhaps at the base of a hill/mountainous structure, while the other would reside in the forest.  
Water: A river running through the map, with perhaps a small lake?

Thank you so much for taking the time to read. I'm at an absolute loss, so any help would be MUCH appreciated. If this is to much to do, feel free to scale whatever you need to down, or take out parts entirely. Thank you!

Offline Flarefur

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Louis William Tomlinson ?
    • View Profile
    • Apparentia Meridiem
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 12:27:34 am »
Oooh! I've been looking for an experienced map maker! I recently made a wolf roleplay...But I posted the thred in the wrong place. (xD) Here's what it said:

"
Hello!

Well, I recently opened up a roleplay entitled Apparentia Meridiem, and I have not yet released it to FeralHeart due to an issue;

My FeralHeart will not let me use my heightmap.

Yes, it is grayscale. Yes, it is PNG. Yes, it is saved in FeralHeart>Media>Terrains, and yes, I have renamed it. It will not let me put it in as a height map, and I really need this to be finished, because otherwise, it's gonna bug me. -_- So I need a fairly good map maker to make this map for me. I can send you the height map, the terrain map, and I can tell you what textures to use per colour. I can also tell you what to put in each 'region' and where the characters' homes are. Though I'm not sure this is a very great reward, I would let whoever does this map for me be a mod in the roleplay, possibly a high-position or in a prophecy < Depends. You have to be at least semi-literate :3 . So...yeah. That's it. Thanks!
"
You don't have to pm me...you could just respond to me on this thread. o3o I really need help with it because of that glitch. It's killing me!
Derp, after seeing Nova's detailed explaination...I shall explain mine better:

The territory north of the river is all snow, and (I have the height map made already) there is a small river and a tall packing of snow around the outside of it. Inside this is where the Incolores wolves live, so there would be a couple dens for each rank (I was thinking a larger cave for each rank, with many smaller caves on the inside. This should have fire in it, if possible (in the center of the den). If not, don't worry.) The alpha, beta and delta need a spot to stand. I was thinking of a large rock, a smaller rock, and then a rock smaller than the second for these. Think of a warrior's 'highrock' for each. The dens for these wolves would be located along the small pond at the back of this camp. There should be a guard rock at the entrance to the camp, and a small prey pile somewhere within.

^^The territory for this pack has few trees, but many scraggily bushes, and the trees that are in it are mostly pines. There isn't much prey either.

(Healer, Warrior, Alpha, Beta, Delta, Nursery, Omega, Elder) <---Dens needed. There should be a slightly smaller amount of herbs in the healer's den, and I was thinking that it could include a slightly-separated section for the healers to sleep away from their patients.

The Pratinus wolves live on the lower territory, which is a warm forest, all deciduous trees (leafy, no pines, and there should be many bushes, weeds...) and you will notice that, on the height map, there is a mountain with a tunnel through it, leading to an oval opening. This is the Pratinus camp. It's similar to the Incolores camp, though it has no water in it. The leader's dens are high up on the wall, posted on meeting rocks, with other rocks leading up to it. There is only one fire, in the center of camp, as it's not very cold in this region. There should be a guard rock just outside the entrance tunnel. There will be a large freshkill pile somewhere within the camp, and a healer's den.

(Healer, Warrior, Alpha, Beta, Delta, Nursery, Omega, Elder) <---Dens needed. (Same healer-mindset)

The center island is used for meetings between the packs. There should be logs or stones used to get across (the Pratinus (lower) would most likely use a log, whereas the tree-lacking Incolores would use rocks) The island is half-snow, half-grass. The border betwixt the two is kind of blurry. The island should include a mix of pines and leaf-trees, bushes, weeds..all assortments of plants.

Also, lichen (that hanging moss stuff) at the entrance to each den would be apprieciated.

^^You don't have to follow that exactly, nor do it at all. Tho', the camps should be in the same locations. Oh!

There is an indent of a location on the Pratinus territory with a small pond. This is filled with dead trees, the aftermath of a fire. It's where Pratinus wolves come to bury their dead, and should be filled with rocks and (again) dead plants. o3o