Author Topic: FH Hyenas  (Read 6600 times)

Offline Amethyst3

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Floofers gonna floof
    • View Profile
FH Hyenas
« on: March 28, 2013, 09:37:01 am »
Thought i might bring this up ^_^
I got my game working and decided to have a hyena (Whaat? I find 'em cute)
So you go in game, and lions ;-;
They start like "What are you doing near my cubs?!?!?!?!?!" "*rips leg off no nothing no miss*"
Me - o.o guys i mean no harm *runs*
Lions & Lionesses - *chases*

me - o.e just leave my alone

Through our troubles we will rise again
And only then
- I'll only be on FH on weekends. Because i use my mum's laptop to play FH since my computer isn't fast enough.

Offline Zaraki Kenpachi

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Will sell soul for pork chops
    • Zaminaku
    • Mefockinahm
    • View Profile
Re: FH Hyenas
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 12:34:28 pm »
LOL x'D I know what you mean, some lions just dont understand 'I'm not here to make trouble' sometimes so its better to just ignore them ^^ and if they get annoying just block them o.o

Offline LoviRoma

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 01:05:18 pm »
Well, apparently lion pride RPs get pretty boring so I guess they saw you as something that could move the plot along and hoped you'd go along with it though I don't see why powerplaying was necessary.....

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 01:24:06 pm »
lol I've played as a hyena a few times and each time I've been brutally murdered by a pride of lions. They really don't like hyenas D: and geez I was just walking by...
I think they don't fall for the "I mean no harm" line since I was in a pride once and a hyena said just that and later snuck into our RP and killed one of our cubs. After that we let him have it of course :P lol

Offline Amethyst3

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floofers gonna floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 02:09:52 pm »
I guess no hyena can avoid getting "murdered" by a TLK clan/pride/RP. But really?:
Me: *walking by and lays down on grass*
Lioness: OMG STAY AWAY FROM MY CUBS!!!1!!111!
Me: What? I'm not one of those lion cub hungry TLK hyenas your stereotyping me to be.
Lioness's mate: Look, if you DARE touch one of my children i will rip your head off.
Me: But i don't want your cubs meat.
Lioness: OMG kill her before she eats our cubs!!!!1!
Lion: Okay sweetheart *runs toward me*
Me: I'M OUTTA HERE *runs off*

o-o' Seriously i don't wanna eat your cubs

And only then
- I'll only be on FH on weekends. Because i use my mum's laptop to play FH since my computer isn't fast enough.

Offline Ramine

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
    • View Profile
    • Ramine on DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 03:15:23 pm »
Yeah, I've played as a hyena in the past as well, there's always that one group of lions who will claim that you're trying to harm their loved ones/pride members/etc. As Lovi said, I also believe they do this because it makes their RP more interesting and/or develops their plot. I think that sometimes it's okay, but at other times, when you just want to hang out, it's just plain annoying to have a bunch of lions after you all the time. Just because you played along that one time.

I wouldn't say it's very problematic but like I mentioned above, it can get annoying rather quickly. Most of these lions and hyenas are big fans of TLK movies/shows, where the hyenas are presented as the bad predators who want to harm your cubs, yet the lions are the high and mighty predators, who protect everyone and keep peace.

I guess these RPers just think that they have to follow these stereotypes. x3

Signature by Delay. <3

Offline Amethyst3

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floofers gonna floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 03:50:28 pm »
Yeah, I've played as a hyena in the past as well, there's always that one group of lions who will claim that you're trying to harm their loved ones/pride members/etc. As Lovi said, I also believe they do this because it makes their RP more interesting and/or develops their plot. I think that sometimes it's okay, but at other times, when you just want to hang out, it's just plain annoying to have a bunch of lions after you all the time. Just because you played along that one time.

I wouldn't say it's very problematic but like I mentioned above, it can get annoying rather quickly. Most of these lions and hyenas are big fans of TLK movies/shows, where the hyenas are presented as the bad predators who want to harm your cubs, yet the lions are the high and mighty predators, who protect everyone and keep peace.

I guess these RPers just think that they have to follow these stereotypes. x3
I know, but i haven't even seen TLK movie. I just like hyenas. I went in game just a minute ago and there weren't many lions (phew) so i didn't go to much trouble.
So you say "I don't wanna harm you" and they put on the angry emote and act all "tough" and "wise".

And only then