Author Topic: Height Map Crashing {Resolved}  (Read 2135 times)

Offline Breezey

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • don't be fooled, I was raised by the wolves ?
    • View Profile
Height Map Crashing {Resolved}
« on: March 29, 2013, 05:41:35 am »
Hello~ It's Breez, with a problem.

Alright so, I'm a map-maker; made 20+ maps since I've joined FH. This issue hasn't really happened to me before and I've tried nearly everything but have gotten no where except higher on the frustration bar.

This is about my fourth terrain and height map I've made on Paint Tool SAI before I copy/paste it over to Gimp 2 so I can convert it to grayscale/rgb mode. The dimensions are always 512x512, yadadada grayscale or rgb, alpha channel off, 1 layer, and so on so forth.

I've recently made a height map and terrain map; but for some reason, only the height map crashes. The terrain one works perfectly fine! But the height one either freezes my feral-heart to the point I have to exit the browser and force it close, or it just completely blinks off without a sign or notifcation.

I've renamed it, made it 513x513 one time too, turned it into a .jpeg before converting it back to .png, turned alpha channel on and off--but nothing's working.

Anyone know an answer? I'd be really appreciated.

Edit: Bloo resolved the issue. Thank you again!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 07:37:28 pm by Breezey? »
I write sins, not tragedies.

Offline Genesis9

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 36
  • Doubt the stars are fire?
    • View Profile
Re: Height Map Crashing
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 07:04:13 am »
Did you make sure that you have the absolute black and white included in your map? Sometimes I just used shades of grey and didn't use black or white to mark the lowest and highest points in the map, and it crashed because of that, it's really irritating, but make sure you have darkest black and the brightest white you can get and that might solve your problem. Otherwise, you could try copying your mask and replacing it into the watermill file, it will mess up your opening screen, but it should get it working, which is what I had to resort to for a map that didn't seem to want to load >3>

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

ThrillexForLife

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 06:00:25 pm »

Offline Breezey

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 06:58:05 pm »

Offline Breezey

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 07:01:52 pm »
Did you make sure that you have the absolute black and white included in your map? Sometimes I just used shades of grey and didn't use black or white to mark the lowest and highest points in the map, and it crashed because of that, it's really irritating, but make sure you have darkest black and the brightest white you can get and that might solve your problem. Otherwise, you could try copying your mask and replacing it into the watermill file, it will mess up your opening screen, but it should get it working, which is what I had to resort to for a map that didn't seem to want to load >3>

I tried your method but it still didn't work for me. :c I just now loaded it into FH and my window completely froze, I just now had to force the browser shut.

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 07:08:11 pm »
Just a guess but try changing your rendering system

You are amazing <3

Offline Breezey

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 07:36:28 pm »
Just a guess but try changing your rendering system

You are a life-saver, it worked! Thank you so much. I'd give you a nuzzle but I'm pretty new to the forums. Thank you again. ?