Author Topic: I BROKE IT! *facedesk*  (Read 1287 times)

Offline AthenaPanthera

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
I BROKE IT! *facedesk*
« on: April 02, 2013, 04:34:48 pm »
I think I broke FH. It was my first time exporting a map. And now when I open FH all I get is a grey screen then it stops working. NUUUUUU! Someone please help.

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
Re: I BROKE IT! *facedesk*
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 04:40:09 pm »
Were you trying to export a map that you were making or just downloading a map and putting it in exports?

But either way, I think your best option it to try to go in your Feral Heart folder and getting rid of the exported things you made. Cause if the cause of it was when you exported something, chances are that's what you need to get rid of. If you can't find your Feral Heart folder then look in your (:C) local drive.

If all else fails then I think you just need to install the game all over again. So that way you know your screen will not bug on you
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline nicekind

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 39
  • art by WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 04:43:56 pm »
If you exported a map there will come some doubled particles that make the game crash..
You just have to go to FH-media-particles and delete all that files that have _0 or _1 at the end of them if this still doesn't work then also check sky folder and my_objects folder.
shhh noone knows me

Offline Tokoa

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 33
  • Orange.
    • View Profile
    • http://tokoas.deviantart.com/
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 05:31:10 pm »
If nothing else and you have no idea what your doing you can always re-download FeralHeart. (Deleteing the old FeralHeart file) But I really recommend you trying to do what Feareh and WolfKate said first.

Icon by Aveo and sig by WingsandFeathers on DeviantArt.

Offline MoonRose12

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Georgia Bulldogs for the win! Weewt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 05:44:48 pm »
Love, you didn't do anything wrong. It does this to me. There ARE some doubled files, and if all else does fail but you want to keep your map file, go into your exports and keep the file you want. Also, make sure you have all the proper things done before you go to deleting the game and re downloading it.
When you do delete it, EVERYTHING will be lost.
Hope this helps! (:
Great, great ,-c- granddaughter of two US presidents!
Presets are /FREE/ now until the end of this year! Get them /now/ before I close this off!
Map making is going on! Check out my DA for more information!

Dedicated Grammar Nazi 2013-2014[/color

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 05:47:26 pm »
As the others have said just be sure to back up all of your important files like maps, presets, and screenshots into a separate folder else where in the computer if you end up uninstalling the game. Good luck