Author Topic: Some Blender-exports help? Please?  (Read 1486 times)

Offline Hallucination

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • View Profile
Some Blender-exports help? Please?
« on: April 03, 2013, 01:50:13 am »
Today, I was thrilled to learn how to mesh! Though I do ALL my meshing in Sculptris, I've gotten as far as to getting it over to Blender (an old version shown in a tutorial by Thierry- I figured to just use an old one to make it easier, since I really wouldn't be using it for anything else). Well, I downloaded everything, went in to Blender, imported the .obj mesh, and tried to Export it as a Ogre mesh, EXACTLY as shown. However... An odd, annoying error occurred. It endlessly replayed the message on the screen: "Error in normalize! Face of mesh too small!"
What? Why...? How is this the only thing keeping me from finishing this up...
I really wanted to start making meshes for the community, as a tribute to all the wonderful people of the community. But Blender seems to think otherwise. What am I to do now?

From the Shadows ~ Hallucination

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Re: Some Blender-exports help? Please?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 02:13:35 am »
Try waiting a while for it to stop being a butt and try again. Vut if that is still not working then could be that you have a lot of duplicate vertices? If you know how to restore an uv map, you can just select all, remove double vertices (from the W menu) and restore it as best as you can.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 02:16:46 am »
But* Sorry.. FH is also being a derp and won't let me Modify my previous message xD

Offline Bawfle

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 02:23:22 am »
If you don't know how to delete your coordinates/uv map then go to the Edit buttons and press the button "Delete" next to "Texface".

If you don't want to delete it all, then Click Here. It's a little tutorial on UV mapping.

Offline Hallucination

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 02:34:44 am »
Okay, so, I waited awhile, and it finally was a good program, and worked. Now I am stuck on another thing.
It's with converting the .xml over to a .mesh. I have the OgreCommandLine, and when I drag the mesh over the OrgeXmlConverter (as instructed), it comes up, idles awhile, then crashes as it "Reads the file". Now what?
I think these programs really hate me. xD

Offline Bawfle

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 04:10:10 am »
Maybe change the file name of the xml mesh created from base.xml_mesh to base.xml and manually running through exporter? or try modify the file names to match their counterparts in the exporter. If not, get back in touch xD

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 04:22:22 am »
Do you have the correct OgreCommandLineTools too?
http://www.mediafire.com/?85wdd1ngexywjb3
Password: ITOCLT
-
Certain versions of OCLT require the XML to be in the OCLT folder too, so maybe try that first.

Offline Hallucination

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 12:37:28 pm »
@BigBangTheory How do you do that? xD I am absolutely clueless.
@Ruby I am using the exact OrgeCommandLine that belongs with this old Blender version. Exactly what the tutorial had said. And it apparently worked for others.

Offline Bawfle

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 01:30:16 pm »
Maybe change the file name of the xml mesh created from base.xml_mesh to base.xml and manually running through exporter? or try modify the file names to match their counterparts in the exporter. If not, get back in touch xD

Quite like this I'm guessing..
Making sure you rename what you saved the .xml file as to match the counterpoints.

If you ask Thierry about your problem, he'd understand more than me. He is very experienced with blender.