Author Topic: Markings Problem: Markings Repeating?  (Read 983 times)

Offline LionWolf089

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
    • View Profile
Markings Problem: Markings Repeating?
« on: April 06, 2013, 06:31:20 pm »
Hello there all!
I've been recently scrolling through my mass markings (hence that I haven't used them in a while) and I've noticed that when I click on the marking to put on the character, it repeats the default markings. The only mass marking pack that I have is Mass Markings 3.
Here are the markings at which they start to repeat. I've realized that some of them work only on the feline, and some only on the canine.

Feline Model:

Nightingale - Marks the start of repetition for the feline body.

Monster Hunter Felyne - Marks the start of repetition for the feline head.

Canine Model:

Red XIII - Marks the start of repetition for the canine body.

All the other parts of the models work perfectly.
Once the repetition starts, it goes to the end of the markings list, replacing mass markings for the default markings.
I've already checked the markings CFG and made sure that all the markings are correctly named, and I've checked that all the .PNG pictures are there and in the right place.

I'm really stumped on what could have caused this, unless they got messed up with installation. Could it have been that there are too many markings? Please leave a reply if you happen to know what's going on.
Thank you for reading this, your help is very appreciated.

-Cosmic

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
Re: Markings Problem: Markings Repeating?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 06:44:07 pm »
Hrm.
Look in the markings.cfg and use Ctrl + F and find these markings that mark the starts of repeating.
Make sure they have the correct assignment by checking whatever image they are using in the textures folder.
Whether it's the markings or the cfg that's messed up, I think you might need to redownload the package.

Offline Sibb

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • #BusinessCat
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Sibb
    • http://sibblet.deviantart.com/
    • STEAM_0:0:71732532
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 11:13:42 pm »
Yes, like Ruby had said, make sure that there are no repetitions in the .cfg file.

ALSO, make sure that you've put the correct codes in the .cfg because sometimes when downloading the files, authors have accidentally sometimes misspelled the codes, i've noticed it sometimes in the .cfg file.

Always good to thoroughly check the codes.

Signatures    |    Avatars

Offline LionWolf089

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 11:54:11 pm »
Thank you both for the help. :3 I shall make sure everything is correct and all, and hopefully it works.
Thanks again. ^^