Author Topic: Map Help?  (Read 1331 times)

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
Map Help?
« on: April 08, 2013, 01:53:27 am »
This is my first time map downloading and I'm having some serious problems. Its an easy map, as my friend told me. I downloaded it, and i followed her instructions(i have windows). But i can't find the file, and i have no idea what I'm doing. My friend said i might not have saved the feral heart file when i first downloaded Feral Heart, and i just don't know what to do! Please help.  :(

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Map Help?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 02:22:59 am »
What do you mean you can't find your Feral Heart folder? Try refering to this screenshot I took it might help you:

Click your "start" then select "computer" or "my computer" and from there you will see your Hard Disk Drive. Usually called Local Disc (C:). Select that and then you should see your Feral Heart folder and once you select your Feral Heart folder you'll see the rest of the folders in it. To install the map place the files into the "Exports" folder.

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 02:29:38 am »
Thanks for that answer, it helped me A BUNCH. But, I got to the feral heart folder and can't find the map i downloaded, any suggestions?

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 02:38:37 am »
When you download the map there's usually a "save as" option. Depending where you set the save location as that's where you would find the download. Did you download your friend's map from Mediafire.com by any chance? Either way refer to this screenshots I took below:

Once you click "save as" you can select where in the computer that you want to save that file/folder. Depending what location you pick that's the location you need to go to once the download is done to find the downloaded files.

The Easier Way

The easiest way to do this though is to just click "open" so you can automatically see the download files and just copy them from there to the correct location in your computer, in this case your "exports" folder.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 02:48:00 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 02:46:11 am »
The save button the screen shot you gave doesn't show up, but i right clicked the download button and i told it to save in exports, and after it downloaded, i went to exports and clicked on it. Although, it brought me to a page that said:  lostforest
                                       MyObjects.fho    and so on. Anything to help? i really need this map

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 02:56:35 am »
If you saved the downloaded map folder into your "exports" folder you need to extract the individual files and paste them into your exports folder. Don't just leave them in the folder they came in.

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 03:02:03 am »
Well, i did what you said, and it worked. But it keeps trying to open internet explorer to get to the map. I don't know how to fix this.

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 03:02:28 am »
also, a view and track downloads page keeps popping up

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 03:04:16 am »
wait! i got it! thank you!

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 03:10:51 am »
Ok I'm glad you got it to work :3 If you have any more trouble feel free to ask me again. Also in the future if you have more to add to your post just click where it says "modify" at the top right of your posts that way you don't make so many posts :) Have fun