Author Topic: .: Problems; Answers I can't find :.  (Read 1029 times)

Offline AerotehCat

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
.: Problems; Answers I can't find :.
« on: April 14, 2013, 09:28:38 pm »
Well, heres some problems I can never find answers to, and no matter how much I try to get it to work, it never does.

Item pack retexturing. I know its posible, i've seen it, no matter its the internet or youtube, no one has a specific answer to this problem that I could posibly find. Anywhere. Anyone know someone that does? Or even a site/tutorial how?

Another problem, how do you combine item packs? Again, I have seen it before and I know its posible, but yet again, it seems NOONE has anything about the subject and I can't seem to figure out how to combine them on my own. Help please; someone or even a site?

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
Re: .: Problems; Answers I can't find :.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 02:44:59 am »
1) I would think that in order to re texture a item. You would need to match up the coding name that is previously saved from the old one. Say you want to change a texture to something else, you would replace the old texture with the new one but save it under the same name so you don't have to mess with changing the texture name in the coding for the items.

2) Regardless on whether items you do get, you can have as many as you really want. But if other people don't have the same items/ coding package as you have, then they will see something else.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 02:52:29 am »
Try this tutorial on item retextures: http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=30544.0

As for bundling items together, I would imagine you would be putting all the item meshes, .materials, images into one folder. You would also need to include the items.cfg file located in your main Feralheart folder so all the items actually show up.
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline AerotehCat

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 06:02:44 pm »
Well, I might just ask someone to combine the two I have, I still can't get it to work. :/

Offline .General..

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Bowties are cool.
    • View Profile
    • Webbysite >83
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 10:01:33 pm »
As for the item packs, put all of the item files into your Item folder (Found in Media folder) and from both packs you should have a file called 'item.cfg' from each one. Open up one of them in notepad and copy all of the text that's in it. Now open up the OTHER Item.cfg file in notepad and paste it at the bottom of all the text and then save it. Copy and paste that item.cfg into your main Feralheart folder. Make sure to replace~
That /should/ work. I tried to explain it as best as possible :L
Hope I helped.

Signature drawing by Cakeindafridge.
Thanks for the drawings guys. <3
Whovian forever. <3