Author Topic: Regarding a Map problem [URGENT]  (Read 1077 times)

Offline Cybera

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • yeah
    • View Profile
    • Weasyl
Regarding a Map problem [URGENT]
« on: April 14, 2013, 10:45:03 pm »
Hello. Sorry to be a bother, but this particular issue was not addressed already, as far as I can tell.

Lately, I have been unable to fully download maps. I can download the map itself; but several mesh packs will be missing. Other people who grab the download will be able to see the meshes just fine; But my computer virtually refuses to accept that there are certain .fho groups in a .zip/.rar file.

This may be my laptop deleting files because of the limited space I have.

I have 97.5 GB memory left out of 451. That's a lot of stuff.

Would a laptop delete files for the sake of how many files it has? I just don't think that's the problem.

So, what do you think? This has really become an issue for me; seeing as I cannot join a lot of fantastic roleplays.

Please get back as soon as possible.

Hugs 'N Kisses,

Cybera

BouncyLion101

Re: Regarding a Map problem [URGENT]
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 11:58:40 pm »
Not really sure if that is what is happening, but it might just be your computer starting to fail with all the memory almost gone.
I would try uninstalling unneeded programs and files on your computer, maybe that will fix the issue.

With the limited amount of space you have left in your computer, I don't recommend downloading maps at all though, heh.
But then again it just depends on the size of the map and what you want. c:

Offline Crin

• The Silver-Tongue
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 113
  • The Illuminati Pedro Hat
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Regarding a Map problem [URGENT]
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 02:07:07 am »
Only thing I could think of this being is conflicted .fho groups, though I'm not sure. I used to run into this issue myself.

When you download a map, before you move it into exports, can you see the .fho files in there? If you can't, then I really have no clue what's going on.

What I had messed up on was overwriting files - when you move everything into exports, do you overwrite similar .fho files? If you do, that may be what's causing your problem - you want to keep both your old and your new ones. Though it doesn't seem like you're doing that, it's worth looking into.
Resigned, quit, and basically long gone.

P R I D E <3