Author Topic: feralheart won't open.  (Read 2997 times)

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
Re: feralheart won't open.
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2013, 10:44:33 am »
I tried going for JUST the FeralHeart installer instead of the updater, but now it says there's a problem with DirectX. Help?
Hmm... May I ask what kind of computer you have? (Specifically, do you have a Mac?) I personally don't know of anything else to tell you, but there may be others who would know if you do have a Mac. If not, it might be a good idea to PM one staff member to see if they can shed some light on this for you.

well this is what mine does :  it goes to the ORGE thing but then when I try to play after hitting ok it disappears!
Bijoux, please create your own help thread in the future, this way we can help you individually.
While we're here, though, I would recommend that you follow the quote that Lord Suragaha posted:

Sometimes you aren't able to even enter the game, and all you can hear is the menu music, or it just crashes directly after launch. Those who experience this can enter the feralheart folder located in C:\FeralHeart at standard, find the file called "Ogre.cfg" and open it with wordpad.

This file works just as the ingame options menu, but instead of buttons and sliders, there's text.

What we're interested in is the top row

Set the top row text so it is just like in the picture with the text
Code: [Select]
Render System=Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem
Save the file, and close it. Next time you run the game it should boot with the new settings you applied.

I'd try this out, Bijoux. It will more than likely fix your issue.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2013, 02:01:40 pm »
For more help on what possible ways to get on, try looking at this trend. It may have a solution to this.
The BIG help trend
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline Shellz

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2013, 01:25:49 am »
I don't have a mac, but i got it to work, although it crashes frequently, and has no fh icon anymore, just a blank page.
thanks, though.

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2013, 02:03:17 am »
Hm.. Well, I still don't like the thought of your computer giving you heck like that.

You could try changing your rendering mode again, if you think it's worth a try, but I am glad you got it functioning. Hopefully you'll be able to figure out the real issue sometime soon, though, since I'm pretty sure it's something about your computer that's making it act funny, rather than the game.
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Blackeme99

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • My Avatar is My FeralHeart Character Shaden :3
    • View Profile
    • Canines
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2013, 08:25:56 am »
I know nothing and i probably won't help but sometimes FeralHeart won't work for a short time because of the internet (5 minutes to be exact) But then starts working again
If that's not the problem maybe try screenshotting and it might give everyone more of an idea of your problem

In the game, My username is Blackeme99.

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2013, 11:09:49 am »
I know nothing and i probably won't help but sometimes FeralHeart won't work for a short time because of the internet (5 minutes to be exact) But then starts working again
If that's not the problem maybe try screenshotting and it might give everyone more of an idea of your problem
Arr, any thoughts on this kind of thing can be helpful. You do make a good point, but this time I don't think it's the server randomly crashing her, or otherwise we'd have a lot more than just her having this issue.
The thought is appreciated, though.
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2013, 06:22:41 pm »
Check out the "particles" folder. To find it, go to My Computer>C:>FeralHeart>media>particles.
Check out if there is anything with _1 or _2 (or (1) or (2), depending), and if there's, delete these.
If there's nothing, maybe it's your computer.

In-game name as: Whinp