Author Topic: [URGENT] Map won't export!  (Read 1329 times)

Offline Cybera

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • yeah
    • View Profile
    • Weasyl
[URGENT] Map won't export!
« on: April 15, 2013, 08:01:08 pm »
I'm currently working on, pretty much DONE with, a HUGE map. Not HUGE, but I am using a LOT of meshes for it. I was originally inspired by the fact that almost EVERY Warrior Cat's RP map I download, it looks.. Lazy. I wanted to show the FH community just how nice a map can look.

Well, because I have so many meshes, not only is it laggy..  But not even half-way through exporting it, my game crashes. Same dumb 'not responding' and 'something blah blah close program'.

I really like this map.
I really want to get this RP out there. Is there any way I can get this to work?

If not, is there anyone out there with a stronger computer with more memory that would be willing to export it for me? I'll send the files and the meshes, but I doubt that would work.

I'm really really angered by the fact that I worked so hard on this map and it won't even export.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: [URGENT] Map won't export!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 08:07:49 pm »
It could a problem with all the big meshes but first have you tried saving the map and then closing your Feral Heart and restarting again before trying to export? As for those custom meshes you used make sure that you put them into their own object groups. Don't just include them along with the default groups.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 08:11:12 pm by LordSuragaha »

Offline Cybera

• Curious Wanderer
  • yeah
    • View Profile
    • Weasyl
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 08:19:35 pm »
It could a problem with all the big meshes but first have you tried saving the map and then closing your Feral Heart and restarting again before trying to export? As for those custom meshes you used make sure that you put them into their own object groups. Don't just include them along with the default groups.

Every file is downloaded as it came, and I do not often put meshes manually downloaded into default groups.

I've made several maps before, and they all usually export just fine.

I've discovered; The map creates a .fhm for the map in exports, as it should, but not every file is put into .fho form.

I have tried saving then restarting; No good.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 08:33:28 pm »
Hmm well you can also make sure that none of your map's essential files are missing. Go back through the folders and check that they are all there and that none have been misplaced or deleted. Also do you get any specific error message?

Offline Cybera

• Curious Wanderer
  • yeah
    • View Profile
    • Weasyl
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 09:12:21 pm »
Hmm well you can also make sure that none of your map's essential files are missing. Go back through the folders and check that they are all there and that none have been misplaced or deleted. Also do you get any specific error message?

No errors.

I've exported the .fhm file and found each and every .fho file contained manually.

All should be well now, but I need to go find a beta-tester to make sure it's working right.

But thank you, you actually did help a lot.
Everything is resolved now; I hope.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 09:19:46 pm »
 You're welcome Cybera :3 Goodluck I hope it works well.