Poll

Just wondering before I do this but..Is it okay to make a male chara even if your username clearly states your gender? Ex. Nyancatgirl, makes a male character

Its okay! I do it all the time.
No, not such of a good idea.
It would be weird but I guess.

Author Topic: Would you make a male chara even if your username states your gender?  (Read 2151 times)

Offline Nyancatgirl

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Haven't been online in ages...
    • View Profile
I was wondering if you can but you can't really trick anyone from the opposite gender to suppose 'fall in love' with your character that is a male(Female). I've done it only once and everyone gave me funny looks. :-\ ???
????
???

Keep in touch on instagram(@neh.cole) incase you knew me as Nyancatgirl

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
Re: Would you make a male chara even if your username states your gender?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 03:10:46 am »
You can make a male character, even if your female in real life, truly, if that's what you mean.
Its not wrong, a lot of people are tomboys truly, and they make male characters.
You can be only one gender in real life, but any gender in a little game such as this. :)
You do mean cross-gender, right?

Offline FlewToTheCity

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
  • Mother Wolf
    • FlewToTheCity2
    • comandoness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 04:19:03 am »
Yes, of corse you can make charas evern though your user may have 'Girl' 'Princess' 'Queen' ect. I do it myself, My user name is ~Minti3~ I meen, Come on, Who would think thats a guy name? I have many people ask me if I am a guy or girl and I have answered back politly and explained why I do 'Cross Gender Roleplaying' Mainly I do it for fun and I am actualy more interested at roleplaying males then my own gender. I find it something new and you learn something every day. So the point is, Who cares if you male, female, transexual. Who cares? If its a role play its a role play, If not then you may need to tell someone but. Thats all I have to say if it made any scence.

Avatar by Atrociious | Signature by Scottishy

Offline Birdi

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
  • Whatcha lookin at chump?(Ingame user: Birdi)
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 04:26:00 am »
I think it's fine to be a male character if you're a female. It's actually fun, because you get to take a look at the guys' side of things and learn how it is for that gender. I have a friend who only plays male characters. Is she a dude? No. So what I'm saying is that who cares what gender you are in real life? That doesn't matter here, it's roleplay! Anything can happen!

SoulRevenge

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 03:05:38 pm »
As others stated before, e'res nothing wrong with roleplaying a character whom does not have the same gender as you, Nyan. |D

This is all just roleplaying, thus there is nothing wrong with making any character of any sort- weither they are male, female, or simply an 'it', your gender quite frankly does not even matter in such case. It's more or less the same with writing books, really! You aren't going to make all your characters female because your female, right? It goes the same way with anything else!
And, if anyone thinks it's wrong to 'cross-gender roleplay', then that's their own problem, not knowing that roleplaying is like story-writing.

This is just about the same as roleplaying as a cat, but you aren't a cat in real life, really; only this 'al is based off of gender. ouo.

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 03:37:07 pm »
My username isn't gender-specific, so I do sometimes have people ask me if I'm a boy or a girl. So I suppose if I do make a male character, nobody really notices that he's of a different gender to myself. Of course it's okay to make cross-gender characters; no one here has the right to tell you what characters you can and can't make (unless they're breaking the rules), what gender they are or what they look like. That's all your own choice.
Obviously, there will be some people who think that cross-gender characters are weird, but everyone is entitled to their opinion, even it is somewhat close-minded.

I've made a few males character's since I joined and roleplayed with them, though I personally prefer roleplaying female characters. I don't see why it should matter either; this is a game, we're supposed to be using our imaginations and being creative.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 04:01:05 pm »
Um... yes! I do it all the time actually. Even though my username is clearly feminine "Lady Alizarin" I still make male characters and roleplay as male characters. Come to think of it, most of my male characters are more popular than my female characters.
Inactive