Author Topic: Group Member Dots  (Read 2393 times)

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
Group Member Dots
« on: April 20, 2013, 11:15:16 pm »
This will be short and sweet...kinda like me xD (...*cough*)

You know those little dots that show up on the height map in the corner of your screen when you have a friend online? Wouldn't it be a nice idea if we could also see our group members as dots on the mini-map too? Obviously these dots would be a different colour as the friend dots.
And I think it would make it easier to find our group members, especially for the lazy peeps that don't want to open the group tab, click on a group member's name and click 'Find'. So much effort...xD It is when you're trying to multi-task several things at once.
I don't think it should be too much of a chore to add the feature, should it be chosen.

So...thoughts, my fellow floofs?

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
Re: Group Member Dots
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 11:28:32 pm »
Approved. End of story. ._.

If only Kov came back. Doesn't seem like too much of coding in my opinion, but I don't exactly know a lot of coding truly. Maybe they shall be green, like my dot on the map. Only darker green. :D Yeah. So ya don't have to friend your group members too often. And I can find meh clownfish as a dark green dot instead of red dot in le group.
Why hasn't anyone thought of this group dot idea.
I personally think it's a good idea. Hopefully Kov will come back and see it some day. HOLY RAINBOWS ACROSS THE SKY WHY CAN'T IT BE ADDED! *Dimstar voice (from the YT series)*

Offline longjump

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
    • FhNature
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 11:29:25 pm »
I really like this idea. Hope it will be added if Kov comes back!

'Glory drakes are radiant, friendly creatures, that sparkle in the sunlight'

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 11:39:45 pm »
Hmm.. I think that sounds like a cute idea. ^^ It could be helpful, especially if you aren't already friends with someone in your group.
I see nothing wrong with this, and it might even come in handy if you're in a large map with your roleplay. It would also help mapless roleplays herd their little lost sheep together at home base, as well. (xD)

However, the fact that most people add their fellow group members as friends, anyway, might essentially override the need for 'group dots'. Not to mention, with the 'Find' option already in place within the Group Bio, there isn't really a dire need for this.
However, if it is chosen, it would be cute. c: They could be different colors, sizes, designs, and so on. ^^ I guess we'll just have to see if Kov comes back, for now.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Genesis9

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 36
  • Doubt the stars are fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 11:43:05 pm »
This is a great idea that I wish could be implicated into the game. And maybe not only for group members, but for all players in general. It would be nice to know if there's a whole clump of people nearby, even if they're not a friend or a part of your group. I know it would make finding ones way around the South Pole a whole lot simpler for one.

An icon for portals on the mini-maps would be exceptionally helpful for new players and even older players as well, if they're exploring member made maps for example.

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 11:57:28 pm »
I'm glad you guys like the idea.

As some of you have already mentioned, this would be especially useful for groups that use large maps. But it would also be useful for groups with a lot of members. I personally don't like to clutter my friends list with people I only ever meet in the group and only talk to them when the group is together. I'm quite sure there are a few other people who are like this too. It would save us having to either send a dozen friend requests or accept a dozen requests.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

Offline morallydefunct

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Brother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 12:05:17 am »
Nice idea! Yep. It's about time one of these little gadgets were installed into the game.
Aaaaaand, there's a problem.
What if you have a lot of members online? I've had those days where dots cover my whole map, and I can't see it. Althought the idea sounds great and all, I think to find group members, a personal little trail can be marked, like on WQ or something. That trail can lead to the member, saving all those dots crowding your map. For personal maps, it's the same scene. Dots riddling your map.

>mfw i see internet arguments

BouncyLion101

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2013, 12:31:56 am »
Sounds like a really nice idea, Doctor.
I wound love to see it in game, if only that were possible right now. :/

But maybe players could have the option of turning this off for certain groups or just turning it off completely?
Because people in groups with a very large amount of people might get really confused with little dots everywhere on their map.

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2013, 12:40:29 pm »
There's a point I forgot to add; group dots would only show up if you are on a character that is part of a group and other group members are on their group character.
So, if you were on a wolf pack char, only dots of your packmates on their pack chars would show. Then if you switch to a warrior cat char for example, only cats of your clan would show up as dots. So it wouldn't clutter up the mini-map too much.
I hope that makes sense. :)

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2013, 02:02:24 pm »
Ermergurd, Flob. That'd be awesome, that way you wouldn't really need to add people in your group to find them. When you're an organised person like me then you just can't be bothered to add all your group members to have to find em' xD. Plus one might not want a spammed buddy list just because they need to find their group members. And if they get lost then it's easier. I'd like to add on to your idea with adding a different colour dot for the owner of the group shown on other people's screen, that way it would be easier to find the group leader. If I made it clear enough xD

Awesome idea! :3

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone