Author Topic: I cannot play FH like this... Help please?  (Read 972 times)

Offline Firewhip123

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
I cannot play FH like this... Help please?
« on: May 03, 2013, 12:16:34 am »
I was playing around in Fluorite Plains but two days ago. It was the normal thing with roleplay and such however.. the next day things got... very odd.

My FH froze, and I thought; Oh great, just another server crash. Map making time! So after I finished map making and checked to see if FeralHeart was back up, it was.~ After selecting my character... I got something I had not seen in a long time. A Bad Token, my arch enemy. >:c  After several tries I was in, but at a cost. Every single time I moved my character no matter where I was in that place, I lagged like nothing else. It would freeze for about three minutes, and unfreeze, and after ten seconds it would freeze again... and again... and again... you get the point... I have NO IDEA what I am supposed to do to stop this lag. Here is what I know;

1. It is not caused by misplaced files, bad internet connection on my part, or my maps.
2. It is worse in public areas, but its still very bad in less populated sections.
3. If I do not solve this problem I cannot recruit for my RP which I have been working months on.
4. I do believe this may be caused by the server limitations on the amount of people.

A couple of months ago people wanted the limit back to 300 because it would be better to RP in. That is the case, and was for a long time after it was changed back! Now it's getting odd. It may need to be 160 or 200. I understand this may very well be server work but if it is just tell me and lock this...
Friendship is magical; Violence is hysterical.

ThrillexForLife

Re: I cannot play FH like this... Help please?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 12:23:05 am »
Well the sever of the side of the forum would show you the total users are in each map. So what causing are the members and that was causes the lag. Also, for your character, you said you couldn't log onto any right? Well I suggested you try using 'Character Reset' it might help reset your character and probably the chat? -Shrugs- And here's a guide to help you in order to set the 'Character Reset'

Or probably going to 'Particle' Folder and searching for any numbers next to the particle, that shouldn't be there. If you there's an number with _0 or _1 make sure to delete it.

Offline Firewhip123

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 12:24:32 am »
I know how to reset my character and all that jazz, the issue is the lag.
Friendship is magical; Violence is hysterical.

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 12:25:09 am »
I would suggest trying some of these ideas to help reduce lag in the game:
- Turn off Water Reflection in Options>>Video
- Turn down View Distance (Same as above)
- Take out any extra map files from your Exports
- Try removing any un-needed maps from your own Map Maker by going to FeralHeart>>Media>>Terrains, and removing some unused maps.
- Try Red's tutorial here to see if this will help you at all.

However, if none of these work, a total uninstall/reinstall of FH may be in the cards. If anything, it would reset all files and make sure you have a clean slate. If you do this, also be sure to back up any maps/presets/objects you want to keep in another folder.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||