Author Topic: Does size matter?  (Read 1317 times)

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
Does size matter?
« on: May 03, 2013, 07:59:07 pm »
From tiny kittens, to gigantic dragons, people make a wide range of characters of varying sizes. But does someone's size have an impact of first impressions? Here's a scenario for you:

You are caught doing something that someone else doesn't like. They are a very a small puppy. They walk up to you and politely asks you to stop what you are doing. What is your initial reaction?

And here is a similar scenario with a small difference:

Again, you're doing something someone doesn't like. This time, a huge winged canine lands next to you and asks you to stop. What is your initial reaction this time?

Answer these honestly please. As a former psychology student, I understand that people can and will answer questions such as these dishonestly, responding to what we call 'demand characteristics', but now's not the time for a psychology lesson....XD

?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 08:12:22 pm by DoctorFlob »

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
Re: Does size matter?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 08:13:28 pm »
I think regardless of size if someone really ask you to stop then Ovcorse if its with good reason you stop. I think other people do however feel a little more intimidated when a bigger same size creator or a huge lion comes up to you.

Size to most people is really a intimidating thing, some people honestly don't think a puppy size animal is that scary compared to a huge wolf or lion. Me personally I do (if I was doing something wrong) stop if they so ask me to, but I think the majority of the time when a bigger animal comes along, they somewhat grab your attention more
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline Nemena

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 09:30:45 pm »
Eee-! Interesting topic; it really made me think!

The response, to me, would depend on whether it's entirely in-character (roleplay), or out-of-character!  IC would vary greatly depending on the character I'm on; few would stop for the pup, whereas many would stop for the dragon.

OOCly, however, I'd admittedly stop irrespective of the character's size, depending on the matter at hand. I draw a complete line between IC/OOC and wouldn't take the character as a representation of player. The only issue I could potentially pinpoint is that the small pup may go entirely unnoticed in areas with spammy chats, especially since it's not as evident as an enormous dragon covering the vast majority of your screen. Even so, if I'm being told to stop-- I'd likely stop, no matter who approaches me! I'll wholeheartedly admit to being a bit of a carebear, however. :P
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 09:34:22 pm by Nemena »

BouncyLion101

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 10:34:39 pm »
If they are roleplaying I'll just roleplay what my character would most likely do. Usually it would probably be my character wouldn't care and keep on doing, regardless of the size. XD

But if I were not roleplaying and neither was the person, then my reaction would probably be to stop what I'm doing that is bothering them. Again, size doesn't matter for me.

I guess it depends on the person, but I don't really think size makes a difference. In real life, if a huge muscular man tells me to do something and he's polite I'll respond by doing it, unless it's like a bad thing or something.
If a small little child tells me to do something in a really rude way, I'll find their parent or whoever is taking care of them and just leave them with the parent or the person taking care of them.

It just depends on how the person is talking to me and what previous experiences I have had with them.