Author Topic: COTD - An island of discovery and suprises  (Read 2755 times)

Offline Kittycatty

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Partially Gone.
    • View Profile
COTD - An island of discovery and suprises
« on: May 05, 2013, 02:07:31 pm »

In the midst of the ocean, an island unknown to mankind rose out of the ocean as the result of an underwater eruption. Life on the island thrived, and it evolved from bare rock to jungle. Many new and exotic creatures inhabit this lush area, untouched by human fingers. Will you survive with the others? Or perish among the foliage?

Species

The Lokte
Said to be descendants of vulpes vulpes, the red fox, Lokte are the miniature predators of the ground. These quick creatures catch their prey with stealth and speed, creeping up on their victims and attacking. They're the main reason the dirbnoils stay in the trees.

The Dirbnoil
After going through many modifications, the dirbnoil was finally able to make a come back. Rulers of the trees, these quick, nimble creatures can glide from limb to limb with ease.

Rules
We follow a 3 strike ban system. First offense will be a warning, second offense and short ban, and third offense and permanent ban. However, some rules are more important than others. The ones highlighted in red will result in an immediate ban.

1.Follow the feral-heart rules.

2.PLease don't post-cut. It's annoying and rude. If you don't know what it is, post-cutting is when you post an rp sample before the other person can respond. If you have a really long sample put a "-c-" or ">>" at the end of it to say that you aren't finished and the other person has to wait. Post-cutting won't get you kicked, but if you do it repetitively you will get banned.

3. Absolutely no godmodding, powerplaying, etc. It's just plain annoying.

4.If your character is... let's say stuck in a tunnel/hole and can't get out, they don't just re-spawn safe and sound. If after calling for help/trying to get out in rp you still can't get out, then you can make your charry pray to their god/goddess or whatever for help and I'll help you get out in rp X3 ((I got this idea from another rp :3))

5.No random prophecies. Only healers/shamans can see the future, and you have to run it by me first.

6.Absolutely no sex related words/posts. Feralheart is supposed to be a friendly supporting all ages, and I want to keep my roleplay that way too.

7.Forbidden love is allowed, but not too much of it. (Put waffles in your app if you read the rules! :) ) And you have to ask me or a moderator/clan leader if it's ok.

8. No birthing scenes please.

9Respect each other.

10 No map claiming

11.Please try to log on at least thrice a week.

12. Have fun and be nice!

13.Group rp days are Saturday 6:00pm Central European time.

Joining
Interested in joining? Fill out the application below!
(*=optional)
Code: [Select]
Username/Forum name:
Name:
Appearance/description:
*Personality:
*History/past experiences:
Rp sample:

Your rp sample must be at least a paragraph long. And please, don't make one about hunting like always. Be more creative than that.

And for the appearance, put a screenshot or drawing if you can. If not write a description :)

Once you're accepted, check out our site here: http://callofthedirbnoil.boards.net/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=6&page=1
Or click my signature!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 02:57:43 pm by ~*Gamma*~ »

No longer active on the forums, though I do check back once in a while.

Offline Kittycatty

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Partially Gone.
    • View Profile
Re: COTD - An island of discovery and suprises
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 02:44:14 pm »
Anyone? :(

Offline Skywolf

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Jesus is Lord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 10:59:40 pm »
I'd be more than willing to join your RP.

I'll put my application up (through a post edit) within the next day or so.

EDIT: Ok, here is my application:

Username/Forum name: Skywolf (Both ingame and on the forums)
Name: Chloris
Appearance/description: (see screenshot above)*
*Personality: Chloris, or Chloe as her friends affectionately call her, is a young Dirbnoil that has just turned 1 year old. She has not had a lot of experiences to shape her personality or knowledge yet, and as such is often blissfully naive about the world around her. She is usually cheerful and curious, often provoking "aww"s from many of the other Dirbnoils around her. **
*History/past experiences: Nothing worth mentioning (Waffles!)
Rp sample:
   Chloris was bored. She had been lying on a branch high above the ground for hours now, and as the sun was starting to go down she couldn't help but let a huge yawn escape her jaws. Gazing up at the leaves that formed a canopy above her branch, Chloris noticed a toucan perched above her head. "I wonder if that bird wants to play?" She thought aloud to herself as she sat up, considering what she should do. After a couple moments of thought, she jumped up and tried to grab the bird. Her lack of hunting experience showed itself, however, and she missed miserably, lost her balance, and fell off the branch. Thankfully, there was another branch that she was able to grab on her way down. For a couple of seconds she just hung there, suspended, from the branch, before heaving her self up and climbing back up the tree to her starting branch. After looking around to make sure nobody had witnessed her mishap, she plopped down, bored once again, on her branch and sighed.

*Where would I get the horns that I need to put on her? I don't see it as a download on the site, and its not in my game by default.
**As we RP, I will be developing her personality based on her experiences and the other Dirbnoils she interacts with.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 02:10:23 am by Skywolf »

Offline Kittycatty

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Partially Gone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 03:00:41 pm »
Thank you! Good to hear! :)

Offline Kittycatty

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Partially Gone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 06:25:09 pm »
I'd be more than willing to join your RP.

I'll put my application up (through a post edit) within the next day or so.

EDIT: Ok, here is my application:

Username/Forum name: Skywolf (Both ingame and on the forums)
Name: Chloris
Appearance/description: (see screenshot above)*
*Personality: Chloris, or Chloe as her friends affectionately call her, is a young Dirbnoil that has just turned 1 year old. She has not had a lot of experiences to shape her personality or knowledge yet, and as such is often blissfully naive about the world around her. She is usually cheerful and curious, often provoking "aww"s from many of the other Dirbnoils around her. **
*History/past experiences: Nothing worth mentioning (Waffles!)
Rp sample:
   Chloris was bored. She had been lying on a branch high above the ground for hours now, and as the sun was starting to go down she couldn't help but let a huge yawn escape her jaws. Gazing up at the leaves that formed a canopy above her branch, Chloris noticed a toucan perched above her head. "I wonder if that bird wants to play?" She thought aloud to herself as she sat up, considering what she should do. After a couple moments of thought, she jumped up and tried to grab the bird. Her lack of hunting experience showed itself, however, and she missed miserably, lost her balance, and fell off the branch. Thankfully, there was another branch that she was able to grab on her way down. For a couple of seconds she just hung there, suspended, from the branch, before heaving her self up and climbing back up the tree to her starting branch. After looking around to make sure nobody had witnessed her mishap, she plopped down, bored once again, on her branch and sighed.

*Where would I get the horns that I need to put on her? I don't see it as a download on the site, and its not in my game by default.
**As we RP, I will be developing her personality based on her experiences and the other Dirbnoils she interacts with.

Accepted! Despite the heap of comas, I see you have potential and I'm happy you're interested in joining. The site is almost finished, but enough is completed for you to join. I have finished the map and I am going to export it soon - and for the horns, you can find them in "Ringo and Delay's items" pack. I'll put up a link at some point, but until then just snoop around the "Add-ons and mods" area.

Offline Skywolf

• Jesus is Lord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 10:15:07 pm »
Out of Curiosity, are we having an RP this Saturday?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 02:03:21 pm by Skywolf »

Offline Kittycatty

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Partially Gone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 01:56:31 pm »
((XD Little late for a response-->)) Guess not, since it's Sunday o-o However, if I'm able to get at least four members by next Saturday, the group rp will take place. I'm going to export the map once I've finished my essay (*sigh*) and then I'll do some work on the forums so we can recruit members in fluorite.

Offline Kittycatty

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Partially Gone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 06:39:23 pm »
Please join ;~;

Offline Kittycatty

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Partially Gone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 07:11:11 pm »
-bump- c:

Offline Skywolf

• Jesus is Lord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2013, 08:28:26 pm »
Bump

*EDIT*

According to the News on our site, this RP has been shut down. Sorry guys!  :(
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 08:32:14 pm by Skywolf »