Author Topic: The Maps Redone-Redo's of the Feralheart Maps! (Updated 6/28/13)  (Read 9713 times)

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
Well, I finally finished something!
Here's a map pack, redo's of the public Feralheart maps!
It includes:
-Bonfire Island
-Ficho Tunnel
-Lonely Cave
-South Pole
-Fluorite Plains
-Cape of Distant Worlds
In progress: Temple of Dreams

It does not include Ascension, Sky's Rim, or Last Cave due to Last Cave isn't used often enough, and the other's are just too hard for someone like me to make. But enjoy what's there!

The maps have many improvements now:

Bonfire Island: It now has two islands far apart from each other, cleverly named "Mate Center Island" and "Adoption Center Island." Can you guess what's there? Probably not. XD Mate Center Island has plateaus everywhere, tons for people participating in Mate Center, one for the actual Mate Center, and one for the person in the middle. Adoption Center Island has plateaus for the pups, tiny dens for pups, and a rock for AC. These islands were made to help reduce lag slightly. And also for the Lion King roleplayers, "Priderock" is now up a bit more sorta like Priderock, and the "Outlands" now have elephant skulls and a den. There's also a den or two out in Bonfire. And a cute little "danceline" stand for you partiers out there! There's also a tent made of blocks o3o

Fluorite Plains: Now has "Warrior Cat Island." Don't blame me for knowing nothing about Warrior Cats XD It also has a few more dens and more plants.

Lonely Cave: Now has Bonfire Portal (First release: Very hard to get to, it's inside the cave. I will move it for the update.), A Den, and a sky/weather file.

South Pole: Much more interesting. Has dens, trees, and water. Also a pine/fir forest with some dens.

Ficho Tunnel: Now has dens, and way to get up the waterfall WAY easier. And some vines and plants are hung across the ceiling.

Note: I Did NOT use the original map files! Now would I? o.o I just copied the heightmaps best I could, took some screenies, and headed to Map Maker.

Screenshots:

(PLEASE HELP OUT AND GIVE SCREENSHOTS)

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/?7gg1zji14jkswgr
LATEST VERSION (I like making stuff fancy sounding ;_; XD): http://www.mediafire.com/download/p8hwuvfxivu9v49/The_Maps_Redone_~Devynex(greenart6).zip

Please tell me if there's anything I forgot, anything glitches, etc. Please give some feedback and tell your friends! :D

Oh, and in case you're wondering about Fluorite.... I accidentally used the wrong brush on GIMP while making the heightmap... :P And to speed thing up I made a group of pine trees object. :P

FAQ

Q: Will this replace the original maps?
A: No, it will not. It is like a downloaded map and the portal is in Cape.

Q: Were these used with the original maps?
A: No, they were not. I don't have those files anyways.

Q: Where's Fluorite?
A: Right where the portal always is. In Ficho it's the same, and it's in Cape. It will also be in Bonfire.

Q: Where's Bonfire?
A: In Ficho as always, Lonely Cave, and Fluorite.

Q: Where's South Pole?
A: In Lonely Cave.

Q: Where's Ficho?
A: In Lonely Cave and Bonfire.

Q: Where's Cape?
A: Cape is on 'Cape Island' in Fluorite, and is in Lonely Cave. NOTE: The Lonely Cave portal is underwater, but is guarded by two palm trees.

Q: And where's Temple of Dreams?
A: In Fluorite on a random figure thingy, and it will also be added in Lonely Cave.

Things I should note:

These maps only have the default items that are found when you download Feralheart. There's new object groups is all, and this was so the maps would have the original Feralheart-y feel to them. I will have a version with non-default objects too though!

Don't complain about Fluorite, my laptop is very picky with certain maps while in the process of making them, and Fluorite is one. My computer shuts down within two minutes of loading the map, and not because of overheating! So I can't add as much detail as I would want!

Links to other maps:

<a href="http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=33786.0">The Lion King Lands</a>
<a href="http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=33418.msg454896#msg454896">Endless Tunnel</a>[/color]
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 12:22:19 am by Turtlex »

BouncyLion101

Re: The Maps Redone-Redo's of the Feralheart Maps!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 01:17:06 am »
Yay, South Pole has actual stuff in it now. :D
Thank you for making this.~

One question though, will the maps replace the original maps?

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 01:18:14 am »
Yay, South Pole has actual stuff in it now. :D
Thank you for making this.~

One question though, will the maps replace the original maps?

Thanks! And the maps will not replace the original ones. They're just like a downloaded map found in Cape.

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 03:31:38 am »
I must say, that is quite neat. I would love to download honestly sometime, if I remember of course.
I love it. But one question: how did you get the heightmaps of the maps? Did you make a perfect heightmap for it, or copied? if copied, where are those suckers located? o.o
Nice maps still. Yay, Flourite Plains has a warrior cat island 8D

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 03:46:20 am »
I must say, that is quite neat. I would love to download honestly sometime, if I remember of course.
I love it. But one question: how did you get the heightmaps of the maps? Did you make a perfect heightmap for it, or copied? if copied, where are those suckers located? o.o
Nice maps still. Yay, Flourite Plains has a warrior cat island 8D

Thanks, and I went into the actual maps and zoomed out of the heightmap, then used the snipping tool to get them. :P

Offline RawSyndicate

• Bagged Milk
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 57
  • OG Floofins
    • View Profile
    • DA: RawSyndicate
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 05:49:48 am »
Wow Great job hun!! The maps are stunning and very very thoughtful, thankyou for making this, and I'm sure it'll be of great use in the future.

Offline Roki

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
  • 10 years now on FH... wow
    • Extaivia
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 01:10:45 pm »
Very beautiful maps you got there. I will download it as soon as I cen get on my computer

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2013, 08:59:28 pm »
Thank you for all the positive comments guys! I'll get some more screenshots up in a bit.

And if anyone has any ideas or suggestions for the next release, please tell me! I'll update the post after this with what I'll be adding. ;)

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
Re: The Maps Redone-Redo's of the Feralheart Maps! (Updated 5/8/13)
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2013, 01:29:25 am »
And if anyone has some screenshots to share please post some ;)

~Devynex

Offline Luluzuri2013

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • What happen...to us... now...?
    • Luluzuri2013
    • Luluzuri2013
    • Luluzuri2013
    • View Profile
Re: The Maps Redone-Redo's of the Feralheart Maps! (Updated 5/8/13)
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2013, 09:49:54 am »
Good!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D