Author Topic: Djavul dragon species.  (Read 1728 times)

Offline pokeamanic

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Djavul dragon species.
« on: May 08, 2013, 02:28:34 am »
The Djavul dragon, Otherwise Known as the Voodoo Dragon, Is a Species of Dragon who have learned to utilize Curses for defense, instead of Scales, or claws.

I. Appearance
[/img][/img]
Tail: Thin
Mane: Maneless
Ears: Back ears
Tuft: Tuftless.

Eyes: Contracted Slit
Body: Hellion
Head: Bubbles
Tail Butterfly

Pelt,Underfur,Below and Above eyes: 0,0,0.
Eyes: Any shade of yellow.
Nose, tail tip, Markings, and wings: 15,15,15.

RP Appearance: They are Usually Four meters Long, Including there tails. There body is covered in 2ft By 2ft Black Shells. There Legs have Three claws on the front, and two in the back. The claws Are Hooked. They usually have Two feet long wings.

Habitat: They Prefer to live in Dark areas, Such as caves, Jungles, And Mountainous areas, On occasion. They Are also Nocturnal, And Hibernate during the winter.

Diet: They Mostly Scavenge off other predators, But if they must, they will resort to trying to catch Rabbits, Mice, And Occasionly Deer.

Physiology: There teeth Are fairly fragile, And chip easily. There Bite pressure is strong enough to Bend Iron. There shells Are not very strong, Being Slightly more durable then Normal stone. These shells, however, Can be Detatched from the dragon, so it can grow new Ones. it takes About 1-2 Weeks for a new shell to Completely Regrow. There stomach has Certain antibodies within it that allow it to break down Diseases Such As salmonella or Malaria, And turn them into energy. They have more taste Buds than the average human, Allowing them to get Extra flavor from Rotted, or normally flavorless, Foods. They have A High resistance to curses.

Abilities: It can spit out Orbs or red and black gas That go into there Opponents pours, And Causes insanity for About a minute. By taking a piece of flesh, Blood, or hair, they Can begin to form a Curse. They only Have knowledge of one curse that they use, however. By holding the piece of flesh/hair/blood in there plam, and chanting "Ru ka to no." Over it, the Hair/blood/flesh Becomes darker. They can then turn this into a small, palm sized flame, Or Can eat it, and shoot out a Black and White orb of gas. This curse Makes it so there Opponenet slowly becomes Insane over the period Of Two weeks. A Cure Can be made from there shells, A Few drops of there blood, and Some Dandelions. It automaticlly goes away after two Weeks, however.

Breeding: These dragons Become mates for Life. they Lay eggs During the spring. They usually have 1-2, But can rarely have 3-4 At a time. Hatchlings are Cared after till they are at the age Of 3, When they are then On there own.

Nests: They will usually set up there nests in small caverns. They gather the bones of Creatures to Put in the shape Of A Diamond. They will Place a variety of things in the middle of the Diamond, ranging from stones, sticks, sand, dirt, And even rotting flesh.

Eggs&Hatchlings: The Eggs are 2.5 to 4 Pounds. They are black, With Metallic black spirals coming from the Bottom upward. They hatch In the ending weeks of winter, Usually the Last One or two weeks. The Hatchlings come out Very small, Only A Few inches bigger and longer than A Common salamander. They have Small, Dark grey, Snow-colored Shells during this time. Every two months, till they are one year of age, they Will Shed these shells. Every time they shed them, The shells become Darker. At the age of One year, The Hatchling Sheds all of it's shells, and Has a large grownth spurt, Growing to the size Of a Komodo dragon(Which are 3 Meters long.). When they regrow there shells, they are the Metallic black color, And will no longer shed them. At the age of One year and 4 Months, they will grow wings. At One year and 5 Months, there claws will become Hooked. At the age Of Three years, they are Sent to live on there own.

Origin: Hundreds of Years ago, A Species of dragon lived in a mountain beside A Tribe Of Humans. These humans Stole the dragons eggs, and Had Shamans Use different forms of magic on them. The Few who Could hatch were taken in by these shamans. These dragons grew up, And Slowly learned How to form Curses from Watching shamans. When Dragon hunters came to put down these Dragons, The dragons Used what they had learned, And escaped. Since then, The Djavul dragon was born.

Trivia: Legends state that stealing A Djavul dragons egg will put a curse on you, that Makes it so you will never experience love again. This however, is not true.
While normally being viewed as 'Evil' and 'Demonic', this Dragon does not actually attack without being provoked First.

Sorry about not being able to post screenshots for the slider. Feel free to use the dragon, But please include Some form of credit to me. If You have any questions on the species, Just post. Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 01:13:56 am by brandon light »

Offline Kittycatty

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Partially Gone.
    • View Profile
Re: Djavul dragon species.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 03:03:53 pm »
Very nice description! :) However, some pics would be great, but it's still cool.

No longer active on the forums, though I do check back once in a while.

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 04:37:38 pm »
I Love the bio and the extreme detail you have here a lot. Defiantly a very interesting species.
Perhaps it would inpact more if it did have some screenies of your amazing species
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline pokeamanic

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 12:49:31 am »
Thanks! I'm Still actually working on a few details of the species, But thought I would put up what I had so far. I don't actually know how to post screenshots, so gunna check out the help post to see if I can find there. Thank you for the positive feedback though!

Offline glaceon24

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2013, 09:19:41 pm »
Its a cool spices wish I knew how to post screen shots

SOMA FOREVER!!!!!
             MARRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!