Author Topic: Put Downs~If you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all.  (Read 6035 times)

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
ok, I hardly ever rant, heck, what am I talking about, this is my first! but this has really been getting on my nerves.

I sometimes like to make new ideas for roleplay, quiet regularly randomly thinking them up. But the problem is when I actually try them in game, thats when people decide that these ideas aren't good enough for them and decide to insult me because they think they are stupid ideas. It really puts me off making new ideas. I have encountered this a couple of times, though some of them arent as bad as others, some hardly noticable, but were happening. two though, to me, seem to be quiet memorable, probably because it happened on my two favourite chara's. I was in flourite both times.

kiaz1st is me (this happened in general) and I made up names for the others.

kiaz1st: EverWolves ofthe Plains. a literate, mappless, active and longterm. we are a werewolf pack with a twist. we are everwolves, a subspecies to the werewolf, we have no human form! stuck as the beast forever. whisper kiaz1st to join.
PutDown1: Werewolf without a human form? isnt that just taking the whole point out of what a werewolf is?
kiaz1st: But this isnt a werewolf, this is an everwolf, a different species.
PutDown2: but if it doesnt have a human form, isnt it just a wolf?
kiaz1st: no, we are quicker, stronger, bigger, and more intellegent.
PutDown2: I think that would still be a wolf.
kiaz1st: so why are people so afraid of werewolves then? wouldnt they be less dangerous than a normal wolf, because they are usualy innocent humans?
PutDown1: I think its kinda a stupid idea.
PutDown2: yeah :/
kiaz1st: thanks.....

kiaz1st: this is a call to all those outlanders out there, Im trying to gather a small gang(not group) together, so we can roleplay together, and also go and roleplay with other lion prides(with permission) whisper me if you are interested.
PutDown1: see, its things like that kiaz, that people hate.
kiaz1st: what?....
PutDown1: jumping in to roleplay with other people, who might not want to.
kiaz1st: I said I would ask first.
PutDown2: Why dont you just make a group?
kiaz1st: because not every one wants to have a group to rp, its not the law ya know.
PutDown2: yeah, but it would be so much easier to make a group.
kiaz1st: but, like I said, not every one wants to do that. sure, I would start a pride, through rp.
PutDown1: look, nobody likes your idea, go away.

See? It really puts me off trying out ideas that I have thought of, and nobody ever gets the chance to hear them. like my parents used to say. "if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all". I mean, its a bit selfish, to putdown another player, just because you think its a stupid idea. just keep it to yourself, you dont know how much you might be hurting their feelings, because you cant actually see them in real life, can you?

ok, rant over, what do you think about this?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 11:53:35 am by Kiaz(kiya) »

Offline Killian

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Something smart and mysterious.
    • View Profile
No matter how good an idea you have, there will always be haters. But don't let that stop you from coming up with them. It also sucks that people can get away with that. Next time ignore the hate and keep advertising.

I'm still trying to find that unique roleplay for my character because no new ideas are coming up. We need more people like you with fresh ideas.  

Keep breaking that social norm!

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
It's pretty rude to do that to creativity like that. You should probably just block them and realize they are just strangers. Why care about what one or two strangers think about your idea?
Everwolves seem very interesting in my opinion, and creative. Some people don't realize that over the internet, though. So just block them perhaps if they are going to bother. It's your idea, your roleplay.
Two or one stranger isn't enough to let you down. More people will probably like it more than hate it.
I would guess these are bullies in a way truly, to say such things.
Don't care of what they say. They are good ideas.
They could be jealous, too, for all I know.
Everwolves seem interesting, honestly. :3 very interesting.
Some people don't think about others for change, also, when they tried to let you down by saying that, but people were probably interested. A lot, perhaps.

As Nathan said, fresh ideas are always good! <3

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
thanks guys. yeah, your right, I should just ignore them. I have been getting too many ideas for a brand new roleplay, and Im working with somebody else to try make it happen. so yeah, Ill just block them next time, and I wont stop letting creativity flow. ;)

BouncyLion101

On the Internet, there's always going to be those people that hate on new ideas.
It's probably never going to change no matter how much people don't like it. :/

If you have a nice new idea don't get discouraged by those people that are hating!
They are probably secretly jealous because they didn't come up with the roleplay idea. c:
Go on with advertising your roleplay and getting new members, but if they keep pestering you and you've had enough you can report them by sending a screenshot of their chat and private messaging a staff member.

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
On the Internet, there's always going to be those people that hate on new ideas.
It's probably never going to change no matter how much people don't like it. :/

You know what they say...

Like everyone else said, there are going to be a few inconsiderate Joe Schmoe's who are going to call out how they think your idea isn't good enough, or just plain stupid.  ::) It happens to many of us, and it's even happened to me a few times. I have come up with a few out-of-the-ordinary animal species, and not so common roleplays that a few people thought were stupid. Did it bother me? Of course not!
Example. I had made a Warrior Cats clan that had a bit of an ancient Egyptian theme to it. The clan was called PapyrusClan, lead by my leader character Pharaohstar. This clan is like any other clan; it holds warrior and apprentice ceremonies, has hunting patrols, participates in warrior battles (if needed), attends the gatherings, goes by the Warrior Code, and so on and so forth. The only differences are that some of the cats have Egyptian based names, such as Scarabwing, Anubishowl, Cobraeyes, Isismoon, Jackalpaw, etc. People have come up to me and told me that I shouldn't even be playing as a warrior leader all because of my Egyptian based clan. Some have even told me that cats wouldn't know what a papyrus is... It's a plant found in nature! Plus, cats wouldn't know much about some of the things of nature around them. But this is all FICTION! I still carry on with my PapyrusClan and Pharaohstar character. Pharaohstar is still one of my favorite characters I've made. Just because some people think my idea is stupid, doesn't mean I'm going to get rid of him and stop RPing with him and other Warrior fans.

I also made a species that combines two different animals. I like foxes, and I also like unicorns. So I made a species known as the unicorn fox. Some have told me "Well that's different." or "That's unique" while the haters have told me "That's the stupidist thing I ever heard!" Haters gonna hate.

Best thing to do is ignore the hating trolls and find people who would be intereted in your new ideas. People really need to learn when to keep their negativity to themselves. You are right....

Inactive

Offline ::BarkingHowl::

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • proud bro.
    • View Profile
Hey Kiaz, I've been online and seen all of this happen to you in general. Your RP sounds very unique and interesting, I don't know why people don't like the sound of it. I've been told my RP was rubbish and stupid, that's because it was unique too. I agree with Lady, If you can't say something nice, don't say it at all.

Offline nubeees

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
[]
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2013, 05:12:13 am »
[]
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 07:35:28 pm by nubeees »

Offline awwwcoolcat

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Adderstar
    • View Profile
ok, I hardly ever rant, heck, what am I talking about, this is my first! but this has really been getting on my nerves.

I sometimes like to make new ideas for roleplay, quiet regularly randomly thinking them up. But the problem is when I actually try them in game, thats when people decide that these ideas aren't good enough for them and decide to insult me because they think they are stupid ideas. It really puts me off making new ideas. I have encountered this a couple of times, though some of them arent as bad as others, some hardly noticable, but were happening. two though, to me, seem to be quiet memorable, probably because it happened on my two favourite chara's. I was in flourite both times.

kiaz1st is me (this happened in general) and I made up names for the others.

kiaz1st: EverWolves ofthe Plains. a literate, mappless, active and longterm. we are a werewolf pack with a twist. we are everwolves, a subspecies to the werewolf, we have no human form! stuck as the beast forever. whisper kiaz1st to join.
PutDown1: Werewolf without a human form? isnt that just taking the whole point out of what a werewolf is?
kiaz1st: But this isnt a werewolf, this is an everwolf, a different species.
PutDown2: but if it doesnt have a human form, isnt it just a wolf?
kiaz1st: no, we are quicker, stronger, bigger, and more intellegent.
PutDown2: I think that would still be a wolf.
kiaz1st: so why are people so afraid of werewolves then? wouldnt they be less dangerous than a normal wolf, because they are usualy innocent humans?
PutDown1: I think its kinda a stupid idea.
PutDown2: yeah :/
kiaz1st: thanks.....

kiaz1st: this is a call to all those outlanders out there, Im trying to gather a small gang(not group) together, so we can roleplay together, and also go and roleplay with other lion prides(with permission) whisper me if you are interested.
PutDown1: see, its things like that kiaz, that people hate.
kiaz1st: what?....
PutDown1: jumping in to roleplay with other people, who might not want to.
kiaz1st: I said I would ask first.
PutDown2: Why dont you just make a group?
kiaz1st: because not every one wants to have a group to rp, its not the law ya know.
PutDown2: yeah, but it would be so much easier to make a group.
kiaz1st: but, like I said, not every one wants to do that. sure, I would start a pride, through rp.
PutDown1: look, nobody likes your idea, go away.

See? It really puts me off trying out ideas that I have thought of, and nobody ever gets the chance to hear them. like my parents used to say. "if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all". I mean, its a bit selfish, to putdown another player, just because you think its a stupid idea. just keep it to yourself, you dont know how much you might be hurting their feelings, because you cant actually see them in real life, can you?

ok, rant over, what do you think about this?
I think both your ideas are Awesome! can I rp with you sometime? My user is: awwwcoolcat   I hope i see you soon! and... I can't rp in flourite plains that often... sorry... it keeps crashing... but anyways I'm not changing the subject! I'm really sorry that happend to you! and the everwolves thing sounds awesome! and I have a lion that i could use!

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Drawn by WhiteLightHeart, colored by me. <3
    • View Profile
    • The Siar Journey Reborn
So much hate, I can't believe they said that to you. x.x Who do they think they are? Gawd. That is why I stopped caring about other people's opinions like that. You don't even know them so they have no right to judge. Even if you don't think the idea is good you don't have to mention it. When one person starts everyone joins in and it just goes downhill from there. Like said above, don't pay attention to those opinions. c:>