Author Topic: Linking Portals to Cape ~~ Please help!  (Read 1527 times)

Offline Flarefur

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Louis William Tomlinson ?
    • View Profile
    • Apparentia Meridiem
Linking Portals to Cape ~~ Please help!
« on: May 12, 2013, 02:34:22 pm »
Before you jump in and tell me how to link portals, I'd like to clarify something; I know how to link portals on maps. You go to one map and write down the coordinates where you want people to spawn. Then you go to the other map and..well, we all know what we do there.

What I can't figure out is, after you've linked a map to cape or another original FH map, how do you get a character to spawn in a certain place?

Please help! I'm making a WolfQuest Slough Creek map and I need people to spawn on the Little Butte.
[/font]
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 02:37:35 pm by Louis? »

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
Re: Linking Portals to Cape ~~ Please help!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 03:02:32 pm »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cGLY79x4yg[/youtube]

At the front of your map, type in the coordinates, and well, just connect the map to cape and set it there, just like a gate, at the front. Red's tutorial above might help.
You should show up right in front of the portal, and Red's tutorial will fix that of where you want to show up, hopefully.
Hope this helped~

BouncyLion101

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 04:32:49 pm »
Don't think you can get characters to spawn in certain places for the default maps.
Although, I could be wrong I'm almost completely certain you can't.

Offline Flarefur

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • Apparentia Meridiem
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 08:35:34 pm »
Don't think you can get characters to spawn in certain places for the default maps.
Although, I could be wrong I'm almost completely certain you can't.

I don't want them to spawn in cape. o.o Anyways, on the default map, cape, they spawn in a corner. *Huddle in corner* I feel so bad for them. xD What I meant was (and I should have explained it clearer, sorry for the confusion) how do you get them to spawn /from/ cape to a certain place in your map (like right outside the portal)? But thanks for trying Bouncy. <3 Hugrf; I'll check that out right now.

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 09:08:35 pm »
Let's see if I can explain this... :3

When entering a map, you of course want a specific spot for your characters to spawn inside it when they jump in from Cape.
To accomplish this, you need to open your map in Map Maker, grab a pencil and paper, and then follow these steps:
1.) Move your camera to the Butte in your map.
2.) Face your camera in the direction your want your characters to face when they spawn into the map.
3.) Place your cursor/arrow exactly where you want your character to spawn.
4.) Look at the bottom left of your screen-- you will see coordinates that read X, Y, Z, and Yaw.
5.) Grab your pencil and paper. DON'T MOVE YOUR CURSOR.
6.) Write down the exact coordinates you read at the bottom of your screen.
7.) Open the very first tab of the Map Maker toolboard-- the one where you save, export, give it a name, etc.
8.) Where it says "Has portal," check the box.
9.) Once checked, a bunch of text bars should appear below it. To the left of each box, it will read X, Y, Z, and Yaw.
10.) Remember those coordinates you wrote down? Type those into their corresponding boxes.
11.) Save your map.

Once you test your map, you will see the portal just behind where you wanted your character to spawn (that way you will spawn in front of the portal, rather than inside it). Go to Cape, and you should jump into your map, and land right on top of the Butte.
As for the reason you were spawning in the corner of Cape? Well...
That happens sometimes. .-. Sometimes it's a glitch, other times it's a coordinate issue.
Either way, this should fix it for ya.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Flarefur

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • Apparentia Meridiem
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 12:27:46 pm »
Thank you, all of you! This really, really helps!