Author Topic: Private messages  (Read 1669 times)

Offline Jessieyoyo

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • ... How do hate cats :I
    • View Profile
Private messages
« on: May 14, 2013, 09:28:20 pm »
Recently, I made a friend on Saturday. I was playing at 12pm English time yet they were est time. Ever sins the day, I haven't seen them because I normally go to bed at 11pm to prevent me sleeping in and getting to school late. Meaning I cant see them until  next Saturday. Yet I wasn't able to tell them to meet every Saturday so now I hath to wait. At first, I went to private message them yet they were offline... So that meant I couldn't contact them.

What i'm trying to say here is that we need some sort of 'mail' system for when time is not in our hands. When someone is offline you cant send them a message unless you know there gmail or hotmail, and from what I see, this website doesn't have a mail system ether. So i'm asking if we could ether have a mail system on game or on the website to make this easy for people that are playing roleplays that they want to keep 'alive'. If I had to wait longer they would probably do what another friend did, remove me from there friends list and because I enjoy the roleplay we are in, I wouldn't bare to let my character sit in the menu growing old forever.

~Jess

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
Re: Private messages
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 09:41:47 pm »
This site has private messaging, just click the green or white square next to "online" or "offline" to start sending a message.
If you are not receiving sent messages, then it's because your forum name isn't unique.
For instance, there are many "Jessica"s on this forum. If someone tries to send a message to "Jessica" it could go to any number of them that are on this forum, so you need to make it unique.
Mine used to be just "Ruby" but I changed it to "xRubyx" so that I may receive my messages.

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 11:10:45 pm »
Yah I agree with Ruby, usually you would want to stay far away from common actual names such as John, or Amy, or Tony, etc. if you want to get your private message properly, you are going to have to change your display name to something else.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline Jessieyoyo

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • ... How do hate cats :I
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 03:20:37 pm »
All right. Thank you both for the help, I'll get to that right away

Offline Raxoremys

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 09:28:11 pm »
The only problem I find with this is that hardly anyone I know actually uses the site's message system. Chances are, they won't see my message for days, weeks, maybe never if they don't tend to go on the forum as I didn't for so long. If only the game itself popped up a notification on the login page when someone sends you a site message...O_O wait, that's a good plan. If it wouldn't take a massive amount of reprogramming(which it probably would, knowing my luck), the people in charge of all that jazz should get on it.

Offline Splatterz

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Lion King is my lurf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 06:54:44 pm »
People rarely actually use this websites message system because they probably can't find the person they are looking for. But this has happened to me on many occasions, I just patiently wait for them to come online. Most of the time they do, eventually.

art by moi //

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Drawn by WhiteLightHeart, colored by me. <3
    • View Profile
    • The Siar Journey Reborn
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 08:17:27 pm »
I agree with Rax, I think only 10% of the people on my friend's list actually use the website. Contacting them from here would be hard. If there was a mail system on the game itself that'd work so much better. <3