Poll

Should Name's be copyrighted if you thought of them?

Yeah! It's my name that I thought of, no WAY that name stealer could think of my 14-letter exotic name!
5 (17.2%)
Yes, but only if I didn't take if off a website or something
5 (17.2%)
Maybe, it depends if I think that they copy'd me
4 (13.8%)
No. A name is a name, nothing more
13 (44.8%)
No! It's a common name get over yourself!
2 (6.9%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: May 28, 2013, 12:17:31 am

Author Topic: Name-Stealers  (Read 8441 times)

Offline Delija

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Life is looking up!
    • View Profile
Re: Name-Stealers
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2013, 02:59:21 pm »
This kind of thing also annoys me. It's a name. I know about 15 people with the same name. It doesn't matter, it's a name. But character copying on the other hand as Feareh said is a problem. Several people I know of have copied the OC lion verison of Delija, and yes. It's annoying yes on the other hand is just, well it's a name.
Signature by Adelish

FantasyFeather

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2013, 09:34:32 pm »

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2013, 11:47:55 pm »
I've seen some people that named their character the same as few characters as mine.
For example, Daku and I've seen the username Darkmist, but I didn't consider them 'stealing' unless they went up to me. I wasn't on the characters with those names too.
I rarely find names like my characters, and I don't find any stealers, actual name stealers.
But if someone is taking a name on purpose and steals the character itself, then that's just plain rude and uncreative.
I always admire creativity when I see it everyday, but name stealing isn't creative, nor is character stealing.
I'm sorry this happened to you to be honest, but there's always the block button if they try to argue with you, isn't there? :3

Offline Cherryheart

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • shrek lion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2013, 02:20:21 am »
I'm pretty fine with name copiers to be honest, like if my name's Cherry and another person's name is Cherry, I don't get too fussy about it, after all, a load of people on the internet are named Cherry. But when they say I copied their name, and I had the character for like 3 months, I just leave the map instead of arguing.
I think it's cool though when they copy my character's looks, it's sort of like twins.

i sleep with a gun under my pillow pet

Offline Vysena

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2013, 04:04:56 am »
This kind of thing also annoys me. It's a name. I know about 15 people with the same name. It doesn't matter, it's a name. But character copying on the other hand as Feareh said is a problem. Several people I know of have copied the OC lion verison of Delija, and yes. It's annoying yes on the other hand is just, well it's a name.

Exactly the same with me, except not too many use Crisis. What really aggrivates my though is character copying, sadly though, theres honestly nothing you can do unless they have both the same name/username and character design.

|| Preset ||

Offline FantasyDawn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Lover of Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2013, 07:37:05 pm »
Names like Lily,Kimba,Starpaw,Scourge,Dawn etc. are quite common in FH.Nothing unique,so you can't own it.And you can't say that people "stole"these names,it can be coincidence.Yes,they are getting annoying when you finally come up with a cool,unique name and then everybody copies it in any way they can.

"Derpa-Derp."

Offline Mewwn

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2013, 07:47:27 am »
See, one time I had the name Xiaro because I read a book and it had the nAme cant remember the title and then some guy comes with the same markings and name:
Guy: HEY! MoonSlayer gtfo of fh you dammned name stealer, I made up this name and I dont want others using it!
Me: uh, accually I got this name off a book and these colors and markings off my OC....
Guy: stfu, you copied my character, and you better change or I will get you banned because I am bffs with the admin.
Me: okay 1. I havent broken a rule 2. Just please stop talking to me...(i was sick and i didnt have the mood for arguements)
Guy: i am getting admin on and he will ban you!

Then i left and went to talk to my friend in our private map.. If im sick i dont do this junk for long xD

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2013, 09:04:33 pm »
I came close to what you guys are talking about.  i had a lioness and i joined this pride RP and then the Queen cam on and our names were almost exactly the same except her name ended in a 'ia' mine a 'a' i dont remember all of the name but it was close and the RP got pretty confusing after that so yeah sometimes accidents happen, but you have to watch out for the people that just want to bug you and make you log-off. now mind you idk why they would do that but like these awesome floofs are saying, just block them if their bothering you.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline mossstar1992

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Poofle-Woofle
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2013, 02:24:32 am »
I don't normaly get mad if i see someone with a name thats like mine or is mine, b/c i play mostly warrior cats, so lots of the names are alike, but like If i ever see someone with the name Mossstar1992 and it isnt me, i might lose it. Its a warriors name sure, but I added numbers for a reason...

Offline Vessan

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2013, 08:54:58 pm »
I generally get a bit in a bad mood when I see people yelling at each other: NAME STEALER! Just because they both were named: Silversky. Seriously, anyone could of tought of that. But something like Karikorati, that literally just ploppe in my mind in a few seconds and a far as I know has no meaning and cush, yeah thats slightly different.