Author Topic: Some Map maker/object maker questions. help please.  (Read 2779 times)

Offline poptart5

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Hibernating
    • View Profile
Some Map maker/object maker questions. help please.
« on: May 19, 2013, 12:51:10 pm »
I'm trying to make a totally awesome map and I have a few questions about it.

1.I have downloaded a lava material for map maker so I can create an ocean of lava. The problem is is that after I placed the materials in the materials file under "Media"< and the lava in the textures file, it doesn't show up in my map. I DID type it correctly but it still shows up as white water. (Fixed!)

2.I have seen on YouTube or on various maps where there are swimmable water shapes. Cubes, cylinders, spheres, rings. ect. I know there is a tutorial out there showing you how to make shapes that are swimmable but have a rock texture. That's not what I'm looking for thought. I'm looking for how to make them have the bluish water texture that moves. I hope I'm not confusing you guys. lol. (Fixed)

3.I have downloaded several new particles for my maps but I can't get them to work. I'm not sure if, under effect maker and particles, what I need to type. And does it need to have .particle .mesh or .material. Or if there are files I need to drag to other files to get them to work.

4. Ok so every time I  want to test a map while in map maker, my particles show up. They are some of the DEFAULT ones. Waterfalls, splashes, star aura, and water smoke. But, when I go to the cape of distant worlds and go to my new map with one of MY characters, those particles don't show up.

5. I'm trying to make an elevator, thing for my map. I went into object maker and took the star aura and added a water box around it. I tested it with the test lion. It worked like an elevator. I went to the cape with one of my characters. Entered the map. The star aura was there but when I stepped into the center., I wasn't able to move up. I was like the water box had never been there. (Fixed)

6. How do you make downloaded objects work. I just downloaded a bridge but I can't get it to work. Do I need to move materials in to the materials folder and such?(Fixed!)

7.How do you get textures onto untextured objects in object maker?

8.Everytime I try making a new object in object maker and I type in waterMat, it says waterMat cannot be found. I checked in the materials folder and I saw waterMat but when I type it in it doesn't work. Can you help me please? This is EXTREAMLY important for my map! (Fixed)

My maps depend on you guys. If you can answer my questions, I would be very grateful!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 04:16:53 am by Thewolfwhisperer »

Offline Tenturo

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • small bean
    • Goldown
    • View Profile
Re: Some Map maker/object maker questions. help please.
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 03:28:05 pm »
Some of your questions confused me, and I probably know the answers I just can't interpret your questions correctly, but I DO have an answer to 6.

6 A. Yes, you have to put the files of the downloaded objects in the correct folders.

Previous Username: Woofkita
Avatar Art done by Exotic Foods on Discord | Sig Art by Inferni on dA

Offline poptart5

• Experienced Traveler
  • Hibernating
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 03:55:03 pm »
Ok, thanks. That's what I thought but I probably forgot to place one or two files.

Offline poptart5

• Experienced Traveler
  • Hibernating
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 03:22:49 pm »
Yes! I got the objects to work.

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 03:38:35 pm »
I actually am confused on the second one. You mean like a different water texture, right? Or just swimming in the spare?
But however, I DO know the answer to the third.
Open your fellow .particle with notepad. Here's a screenshot of what you type in.

Not exactly that, but just open up the .particle in notepad like it said.

4.Also, if you placed an object in a default group or an old object group, and put it in a map, it won't show up in-game. Make a new object group if this happens, and place the particles in there. Or try it with a newer object group.

5.Also, meshes can't move. o.o

7.And type in the material of the texture on a mesh in object maker.

8. Are you sure you didn't misspell with the caps lock? You sure you checked the inside of the material? XD

That's all I can help with... Hope it helped at all. :3

Offline poptart5

• Experienced Traveler
  • Hibernating
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 06:01:41 pm »
Thanks soooooo much guys! I'm going to try your ideas later and see if I can get them working. For the waterMat problem, I didn't misspell it or in caps lock. I checked it but is still didn't come up. I did see the water.material file in the materials folder under media. Not sure what's up with that one though......

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 06:34:07 pm »
I think you type in WaterMat or OceanMat actually, for texturing stuff with water.

Offline poptart5

• Experienced Traveler
  • Hibernating
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 08:45:00 pm »
I tried typing both but it said that they couldn't be found....

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2013, 04:31:46 am »
Did you type it under "material" in the object maker in the stage called "Mesh"?

Offline poptart5

• Experienced Traveler
  • Hibernating
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2013, 02:51:36 pm »
Yup.