Author Topic: Spot claiming in Fluorite.  (Read 3618 times)

BouncyLion101

Re: Spot claiming in Fluorite.
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2013, 02:58:17 am »
It's horrible when people "claim" spots in public maps. It's annoying and against the rules too.
If you feel they deserve it, you can actually take a screenshot of a map claimer "claiming" land and report it to a Moderator.

Anyway, I haven't had many experiences with map claimers. Mainly since whenever I roleplay I usually prefer mapped roleplays. :3
But I have come into contact with these sort of people..it was horrid. They made me very uncomfortable and I had no idea what to do when it happened. I do believe I ended up blocking the map claimers that I have met when they wouldn't leave me alone.

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2013, 04:49:07 am »
I hate the territory claimers... they're just so annoying. One time I was walking around in Atlantis, and just as I was sitting down these people came up to me. I said hello to them and of course they had to say, "ur such a big noob that ur in our territory". I told them that I had a right to be there if I wanted, and that it was against the game rules to claim spots in public maps. And of course they had to use the trolling trick for the chat to make me seem like I said something totally inappropriate (which I didn't), and then they said that if I didn't leave the spot right at the moment they'd send it to a staff member. I don't remember what I did after that (though I probably walked away), ad unfortunately I didn't know how to report back then. >.<

That's pretty bad. I hate how people have been abusing that glitch to make it seem like someone said something and then submit it as fraudulent reports. There is a way to catch them in the act of making posts like this. I've seen someone doing this to someone else, but I caught the person responsible for posting the inappropriate posts and sent the screenies to a mod.

Anyway, back on subject. The only thing you can do about spot claimers/map claimers is report them or block them. Simple as that. I've met my fair share of map claimers, and I ended up reporting them.
Inactive

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2013, 11:27:26 am »
People claiming spaces that isn't even theirs really bothers me too. You just have the urge to just run up to them and kick 'em in the face. But of course it would be the right thing not to do. The Flourite Plains is for everyone and I mean c'mon, it's tiresome having to deal with claimers like those you mentioned xD. Yeah, I guess it's ok when they're role playing - but at the same time you make it clear that these are public maps 'n stuff. But the best way to possibly deal with the problem is to inform a member of staff about the situation.

Nice topic though, Splatz.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Vysena

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2013, 11:17:31 pm »
Personally when people 'claim' spots on FH it really aggrivates me, so depending on who they are and if they don't listen, it really can tick me off. For instance when I used to RP 24/7 in Bonfire, many newer players would always go to "Pride Rock" or those rocks by the trees and claim that they live there and they had made the map. What I normally would do is remind them that its agains't the rules to do that, but when they don't listen, I would normally screenshot them.

|| Preset ||

Offline Splatterz

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Lion King is my lurf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2013, 12:14:10 am »
Meh, they'll never learn until the get warned. Still, it's just downright annoying at times. When they literally try to move you but they can't physically move you so they just sit there spazzing out. I don't think they understand that you can't move someone through FH. x_x

art by moi //

Offline Mewwn

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2013, 07:21:35 am »
One time had me laughing SO hard because it was so pathetic!
I log onto my newly thought out OC Skittlez (i was eating skittles when i was thinking of this charrie c: ) and anways this wolf pack from nowhere had finished recruiting and the leader(Alpha Xeon) said "This land from that rock to this tree belongs to Dark Pack." I said nothing, and Xeon said "cat, leave this is my pack land." I refused politely and he told me again i refused. "Get the heck out this my land!" I said for them to ignore me, they did for about 5-10 minutes and my friend came and we started to talk and a pup came and did: *growls* grrr go away this is my home! So i began to laugh at this in rl and i replied "im not rping ^^ just ignore me k?" The pup left and the leader came "i am alpha get off of this spot my pack lives here." Again i politely refused yet sternly getting annoyed. I told him that it was against the rules to claim land in public maps and he said "well this is my map and i own this spot." So i started pointing out how it was a public map and it was wrong to claim something that isnt yours "so if you dont mind, i think i will just stay here and tou can block me so you dont see me" the pack leader said that it was a waste of time to block someone so he started doing -bites neck and makes lots of blood no miss no nothing- -throws at tree very very hard no nnothing- -rips leg off and throws in lake no nothing- i got highly annoyed and my friend had left having to go to bed and i just blocked them all... It was so funny yet so stupid....

Offline Mewwn

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2013, 07:23:10 am »
Andni am a stubborn person too.. If i say no its no for me lolol!!!

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2013, 12:16:18 pm »
-bites neck and makes lots of blood no miss no nothing- -throws at tree very very hard no nnothing- -rips leg off and throws in lake no nothing-
If that happened to me I would be LMAO. That's EXTREM Powerplaying right there. But wow, lol.

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.