Author Topic: I don't usually do this but I need some help!  (Read 1590 times)

Offline Nyancatgirl

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Haven't been online in ages...
    • View Profile
I don't usually do this but I need some help!
« on: May 30, 2013, 11:56:49 pm »
Thank you for reading this!! I know it sounds stupid to ask for adivce here but I'm in this pack that is active all the time and I just joined but I don't know anyone in the pack exept two people. I'm very socially awkward when it comes to new people and new packs..(Pretty much a socially awkward penguin I am).. I want to quit the pack but my mate actually had me join and I don't want to make him feel sad that it didn't work out plus I just joined a week ago..Anyone have any advice..?

~Death-Chan
????
???

Keep in touch on instagram(@neh.cole) incase you knew me as Nyancatgirl

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
Re: I don't usually do this but I need some help!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 12:03:07 am »
Oh, dear, there's no need to be shy. <3

While I totally understand being shy (when I first joined FH, I was the exact same way), but realize that being with your friend/character's mate, and now inside a pack just gives you the opportunity to make new friends, who very well may be your buddies for a very long time in FH.

So, I don't think shyness is a good reason to leave your pack before you even know them.. You know? -offers you a hug- <3 Just go out there and say hello. c: After all, this is your own "pack" of potential friends, in a way. I know you said you've been there for a week, but I'd suggest trying a little more, and maybe put yourself out of your comfort zone and try to strike up a conversation, or some fun roleplay with your pack members.
But, if it still doesn't work out after a few days of trying this, then simply go and speak with your friend who asked you to join. Let them know that you just don't feel like you're meshing very well with the pack, and that you appreciate them introducing you to this RP, even though you feel it's time to leave.

It'll be okay, floof, and don't be embarrassed to ask for help around here, either. c: Take care, and I hope you work things out with your pack!
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Nyancatgirl

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Haven't been online in ages...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 01:01:10 am »
 :) Thanks! I'll try to step out of my comfort zone but I'm a bit lost on all this fluffy wolf pack rankings and such but I'll still try ^-^..Anyways if I didn't say it enough times..Thanks!
????
???

Keep in touch on instagram(@neh.cole) incase you knew me as Nyancatgirl

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 01:07:29 am »
Perhaps give this pack some time to grow on ya. And really, everything isn't set in stone if you decide to move on to another pack. There really is no need to feel akward around us, if anything, I'm the king of random conversations. Perhaps try to get to know your pack members slowly and gradually you will start to bond with them and it will perhaps feel like a second family.
And it isn't stupid to ask these kind of things, so don't feel like that if you just want to chat about this.
Also, try and look around with your mate for a pack that you two seem to like if you don't like that one. As long as your happy, then it should be fine.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

BouncyLion101

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 02:53:52 am »
I used to have really bad problems with social anxiety..I know what you're feeling.
Just try and not feel awkward, think of the other people as friends and they'll start to treat you like a friend and then you'll become friendly with each other, and you probably won't feel as shy with them.

Be involved with the roleplays they may have and derp around, that usually makes people more comfortable and I'm sure it'll make you not as shy. Don't give up the pack just because you feel it didn't work out, there's always time to try and connect with the pack mates more. c:
I do wish you good luck and hope it works out with you.