Author Topic: HELP ME VERY IMPORTANT!!  (Read 2387 times)

CorruptedMutt

Re: HELP ME VERY IMPORTANT!!
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2013, 05:53:41 pm »
like that willl every happen, this is my mom's computer and everytime i ask her to help me with something on it she yells@ me saying "its ur fault u destroyede it" but its not destroyed but needs soe things fixed like cards or what ever u mentions and whats the CPU?video card? swollen capacitors? motherboard? inside PSU?

Offline shell_prisoner

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2013, 08:22:28 pm »
Here are Wikipedia links:
CPU - Central Processing Unit
Video card
Computer cooling
Capacitor - electrical component
Swollen capacitor - typical defect of old computers. image
PSU - Power Supply Unit
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 08:25:36 pm by Shell Prisoner »

CorruptedMutt

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2013, 01:33:07 am »
im so hopless with this -cries- i'll never fix this problem! my stupid parents wont help me and i dont know what to do, i dont know what all that stuff is and i cant call any repair man or anybody (im literally cryying) -crys harder-

Offline shell_prisoner

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2013, 09:43:22 am »
Sorry, I really must not advice you something potentially dangerous. So, never try to search for any books or articles about fixing your computer, and never try to repair electronics at home. You will burn your house to the ground, and this is not the worst option. Only rigorous nerds with foot-long beards, who share the Secret Knowledge, are allowed to put their hands on computer's innards. Just surrender and do not even think about touching the screwdriver, your parents won't approve it!

CorruptedMutt

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2013, 10:09:55 pm »
how dafuq am i suppose to fix this?!

Offline shell_prisoner

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2013, 04:47:16 pm »
how dafuq am i suppose to fix this?!
The problem is you are not supposed to fix computer yourself. Electricity, sensitive electronic components...
But if you really have no other option you can try on your own risk. The good starting point is cleaning out the dust: http://www.wikihow.com/Clean-the-Inside-of-a-Computer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=BovgvppZX4k