Author Topic: An Idea on Making Non-Canine/Feline Chars...  (Read 1810 times)

Offline Smilodoncat

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
An Idea on Making Non-Canine/Feline Chars...
« on: June 17, 2013, 05:10:29 pm »
I'm not sure if this is the right board or not for this, but I'm going to post it here anyways.
This is just an idea that my friend and I came up with, I'm surprised nobody has ever thought of it before.

But our idea was, why not convert some of the animal meshes used in maps into wearable items. I know some people have already done this, making wearable "pets". But unlike the pets, you would center the mesh over the character and have the mesh's feet on the ground.
That way if you used an invisible preset, it would appear as though you are the animal the mesh is. This way you could make horse chars, dinosaur chars etc.

Other people would need to have the animal items in the same place in their item list to see you, and they would have to have your preset too...but still, you could always put the download information in your bio.
You would also lack the basic animations and expressions, but that's still not that big a deal. The pet items lack animations, as well.

Anyways, what do you think of this idea? Would anyone be willing to make an item pack like this?

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
Re: An Idea on Making Non-Canine/Feline Chars...
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 08:53:56 pm »
Huh... Not a bad idea. I might try turning a horsey into an item... *messes around with code for 2 hours*
I'll report back to you when I success.. I like the idea, honestly.

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 11:34:17 pm »
That's actually a good idea.
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Muffins. Oh yes... I went there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 11:47:02 pm »
I rather like this idea, however if there was an item pack I' probably only download it for the fun of it, not for real use. To me the non animations would make it look like you're a living taxidermy experiment.  Other than that, it's a very nice idea, thanks for sharing. ^^