Author Topic: RIP General  (Read 168240 times)

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Muffins. Oh yes... I went there.
    • View Profile
Re: RIP General
« Reply #390 on: June 29, 2013, 03:30:24 pm »
There is still a poll...I made it in fact, and voting is still open for opinions about general chat. Comments were locked though due to the fact that discussion is meant to be held here. If you'd like to vote, search 'General Chat Poll' (since I don't feel like fetching the link :P)

Offline Chemistry

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Aemuli Novum Creator
    • View Profile
    • Aemuli Novum Website
« Reply #391 on: June 29, 2013, 07:40:52 pm »
There is still a poll...I made it in fact, and voting is still open for opinions about general chat. Comments were locked though due to the fact that discussion is meant to be held here. If you'd like to vote, search 'General Chat Poll' (since I don't feel like fetching the link :P)

I went to check that out xD I had no clue there was a poll (But... I'm also a tad lazy in the fact that I don't go out of my way to look for one, but I did this time!) Thanks for pointing it out <3 I wish there was a better way to find the poll, however.
"Everyone says love hurts, but that isn't true.
Loneliness hurts.
Rejection hurts.
Losing someone hurts.
Envy hurts.
... Everyone gets these things confused with love,
but in reality love is the only thing in this world that covers up all pain
and makes someone feel wonderful again.
Love is the only thing in this world that does not hurt."

Offline Skrillexx

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • DANCE THE DANCE OF LIFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 29, 2013, 08:29:27 pm »
Alright time for Skrilly too get involved and rant.

Yeeeeeeah, uhm, this is what I have to say "WHAT THE FU- *LeBoom*". I mean seriously, you killed my chances on actually having a group, when I put in a movie clip that my group is (semi-)lit and (semi-)real, I get a neon character with wings and speaking like this:

Neon person: i wuld liyk to joyn ur groop :)

Me: WHAT IS THIS?! WHAT IS THIS HORROR FERALHEART HAS CAST UPON ME?! ._. WTF

*Death stare* Seriously, and most of my best friends I met on general for God's sake! What the *derp derp!* is wrong with General? Why the heck did you even need to get rid of it? I'm getting neon characters with *SKRILLY STAHP* grammar. ; ;

You even made Derpy cry.. Y U SO EVIL?!

Awoken.

Offline Azielle

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 29, 2013, 08:31:16 pm »
Why not just make a channel specifically for advertising such as one called "Advertising"? -.- The term General is just that, General speaking. I think that one of the main things that I have an issue with is the movie spam and the fact that people want to make advertisements that aren't like two lines long... Please consider.
Nope, just a signature.

Offline _-Phantomwolf-_

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Find me in-game on Ilithyia Rhea
    • View Profile
    • Red Ra}V{age
« Reply #394 on: June 29, 2013, 08:41:27 pm »
I agree with this kind, and I'm quite happy. The General Chat always were made to advertise RP's, not to chat. It is a good idea, less "lag", less spam, more time to read the phrases.

I quite have a good idea.. (Suggested by Devynex in-game) Why not a chat called "RP Advertisement" and other "Eternal" (to chat)? <--- quite a bad name, I know xD

But well... I think people who will blame are spammers.

Unfortunately, Raz and the staff weren't left with any coding for the game in order to make more chats. They're having to work with the game as it is.

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 30, 2013, 04:18:05 am »
Alright well, I've waited for a while.
And last week was a perfect week for me to see how things are doing without general in the public maps,
because interestingly enough very few of my friends were on.
And personally, I've come to accept it well. Considering it doesn't effect the public maps where I usually roam I'm personally not effected.

It isn't bad in Flourite Plains or the South Pole either.
However, it is terribly disorganized in Ficho. Due to the size of the map, it's difficult to roleplay unless you do so in party. While that can be easily done, keep in mind that not everyone is willing to do that. (Not including myself, of course.)

I don't support the idea, but I'm not against it either.
My opinion on that shifted for a bit in the first two or three days, but now it's since settled to this level.
So staff, don't take this as support.
Everyone else, don't take this as being against it.

My main concern is how this was addressed.
If there has been a recent increase in spam and all the like in General before it was shut down,
Then I think it would have been nice if the issue had been addressed on the forum beforehand,
with a warning that General would be shut down.
Then at least, there would have been a readdressed warning.

I understand that not everyone uses the forums,
and I assure you that means not everyone will read the rules the first time around either.
It requires constant reminding.
But perhaps this negative reaction from the community would have been less if we had a warning in the first place.
A recent. Warning. As in, one in the News section like when the issue with the content on this game and younger members was addressed.
Then we would know there was a warning, we'd know what was coming, and we'd acknowledge our contributions in the shut down of General more clearly.

My point about the rules is that not everyone is going to take a look at the rules when they join. It's likely there are plenty of younger members who avoid them. And once again, there is probably a good amount of members who never used the forums. And I know that also means not everyone is going to see what's happening or what the issue is, but at least a good majority are.

Anyways,
I think I've come to see this argument is between people with two different standpoints.
Those who are angry are concerned about the advertising of roleplays, groups, chatting from different map places, or maybe just the feeling of activity in the map--when General was up in Flourite, it felt more active.
Those who are in favor are for boosting socialization, less spam, and more concentrated advertisement.

Personally though, I agree that those against it do need to calm down. They don't need to accept it, but anger is what is preventing us from at least seeing what it's truly like.
So right now I'm nuetral. For the staff, do not make this permanent unless you see an honest to goodness acceptance by the community and not because you said so.
This community is already struggling with recent issues, and even my tolerance level has start to grow thin.
(Not that it matters,)

As for the rest of us, please, do not immediately assume the idea is lunatic, and if you still haven't, please just give it a chance to see how you truly feel about it instead of shock and anger. You don't know until you try it.

I understand you're tired. Staff, Members. I'm tired too.
Things need to be fixed here.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 04:20:38 am by WarriorMoo »
"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.

Offline Xanael

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 30, 2013, 05:19:26 am »
Guys it's best to just leave it be for now. They aren't going to do anything about it, it's been here for a while now. I hate the change but I'm not going to waste time ranting about it anymore.

Offline Azielle

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 30, 2013, 03:17:05 pm »
I agree with this kind, and I'm quite happy. The General Chat always were made to advertise RP's, not to chat. It is a good idea, less "lag", less spam, more time to read the phrases.

I quite have a good idea.. (Suggested by Devynex in-game) Why not a chat called "RP Advertisement" and other "Eternal" (to chat)? <--- quite a bad name, I know xD

But well... I think people who will blame are spammers.

Unfortunately, Raz and the staff weren't left with any coding for the game in order to make more chats. They're having to work with the game as it is.
Yeah, I realize this, but the other point is, General is just that, a General chat, you can't disable it because you have people talking on it like they did, very poor decision on their part. Too bad they can't just make another channel, that'd fix a lot of problems.
Nope, just a signature.

Offline Riku21

• Curious Wanderer
  • I say old Boy,
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 30, 2013, 08:02:14 pm »
As many other peapole i have my own opinion about General gotten removed from the game.
As many others have mentioned it will get harder to find a Rp ... But still it will stop some off the trolling in my opinion.I didnt really use General that much only when i was looking for a Rp,Even though this may upset some peapole i still find it like some sort of relief.
In some situations i had to turn General off to actually be able to read the other chats,In my oppinion it was a good and a bad Thing that General got removed.
I say old boy,

Offline HaldisOmega1

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 01, 2013, 03:42:07 am »
General has been gone for a little while now and people are starting to get used to it. But now that General chat is gone, movie spam has been worse than I've ever seen. I'd prefer General to come back and so do many of my friends that I Skype with when I play Feral Heart. General is a great way to communicate across the map then having to watch movie after movie of prides and packs accepting members. There is the check mark box below the chat box so you can no longer see what you wish not to see. We will all have to do without it unless it is voted to come back.
R.I.P General,
You will never be forgotten.