Author Topic: RIP General  (Read 166944 times)

Offline Killian

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Something smart and mysterious.
    • View Profile
Re: RIP General
« Reply #490 on: July 16, 2013, 12:57:29 am »
They'll just troll and be rude in local.

Trolling and being rude in local, though still very bad, isn't affecting the WHOLE map which means less people are affected by it. If more people reported these trollers general would probably still be around (My personal opinion). But as I said, trolling in local has less affect on all the players and much more easy to report since it's not all spammed out so quickly.

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 87
  • Learn From Your Mistakes
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
« Reply #491 on: July 16, 2013, 01:39:17 am »
I agree with TheCuteMonster. Although it will be quite laggy in some places like bonfire and the stone bridge.
In-game username: gold feathers
Role-play group: Panthers Of Crossroads

Offline Kayote

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • I will...never be a memory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 16, 2013, 02:48:49 am »
It almost feels as if the loss of General is starting these server issues.

I have NEVER had an issue with the game until the loss of General happened. Suddenly, the game is unstable, the servers aren't working, there's chat lag, movie spam, bad tokens.

I would want to say that if we tried returning general, and if the mods did not mess with the codes to make this theory "wrong", if we returned it, would the game start working properly like it was again?

Or are we going to blame it on something else?

Just food for thought.
My friend, do you fly away now?
To a world that abhors you and I?
All that awaits you is a somber morrow
No matter where the winds may blow.
Usually around in-game on Sephiroth or Kay. I AM PRETTY NICE, OK.

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 16, 2013, 03:04:25 am »
You disposed of the most beneficial chat in-game without even consulting the community, who was more than deserving of being notified of the change before it was carried out, and sent it into a boiling rage.
It's understandable for anyone not to like change, Dub. However, the problem with your GIF image (where does one find that, anyway? o-o) is that we're not "kicking you guys in the face" just for the giggles. If we didn't care, we wouldn't have bothered to do anything with the server, would we not? And, you noted how people went off in a rage about General being removed. Do you think it would have been any better received if we'd consulted the community beforehand? Most would have assumed it was a terrible idea right off the bat, without looking at the possible long-term effects of its removal.
Most notably, the community is beginning to calm down-- as did this thread to some extent. Yours was one of the more bitter posts made as of late, which are becoming more rare.
Most of the others are fairly mature, and reasonable.

And as for General being the most "beneficial chat," I have to highly disagree with that. Imagine if we removed Local chat instead; You could be standing next to someone in the map, but you could no longer chat with them publically. They would have to whisper you, or accept a friend/party chat, or otherwise sort through the even more spammed General chat to even say hello to you. Would you have preferred that? (I mean this rhetorically, though, and with all due respect).

I am sorry you feel this way, but for now we do ask that you try to work with us. You can assume we're trying to stomp on your tails, or you could accept that we are actually working (in the open and behind the scenes) to help you all.

It almost feels as if the loss of General is starting these server issues.

I have NEVER had an issue with the game until the loss of General happened. Suddenly, the game is unstable, the servers aren't working, there's chat lag, movie spam, bad tokens.

I would want to say that if we tried returning general, and if the mods did not mess with the codes to make this theory "wrong", if we returned it, would the game start working properly like it was again?

Or are we going to blame it on something else?

Just food for thought.

While that would be a fair assumption, I have to disagree with that one.
The reason for the server issues lately is due to the fact that we suffered a double hard drive crash on the server several weeks ago (which the removal of a chat would not have done), and Raz has been working to fix it, though we have had some bumps along the way.

And, in regards to movie spam, that chat can be turned off, or excessive use and abuse of it from a specific user can be reported, as it would have been in any other situation.
I can see where you were coming from, though.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Xanael

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 16, 2013, 05:42:25 am »
While, no, it wouldn't be as effective to troll and be rude in local, the point still stands.

People could've just turned it off if they were annoyed with it. Also, the mods could keep an eye on general.

And it ups the lag in many places, because tons of people gather round the portal or stone bridge or somewhere and it becomes slow and you can't even get into fluorite from Cape.

Offline superduper12389

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Nothing to write here :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: July 16, 2013, 09:45:09 am »
Well, I don't know if I am the only one who is totally fine with the General chat removal. After all, people already chose to advertise using movie clips before the General chat was removed. It was, indeed, a great way to advertise but around peak times it was full of people talking about unrelated and almost immature topics such as: "Anyone want a cookie?" or "Wake up, Feralheart, it is Party Time!!". I am fine with this change, because, all the time I have spent on the game, I have never, ever seen general chat being quiet. Also, it made Roleplaying difficult (especially if literal) if you didn't turn it off as it was always spammed with various messages. It is true, though, that a lot of players have quit because of that change. Let's hope that they will either change their minds or new people will join us.
In war,victory. In peace,vigilance. In death,sacrifice.

~To everyone who recognizes this from somewhere: "You're awesome XD"

Offline Vacio

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 16, 2013, 12:09:15 pm »
All I'd like to say about this is the game feels a lot lonelier without the General Chat. . .

Offline Murrphilia

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • Murrocity
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 16, 2013, 12:19:45 pm »
Honestly my fellow floofz; is all of this really needed? You cannot change the past; so why live in the past and continue this on and on when everyone is just repeating each other? Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history....but today - is a gift. Can't we just forget yesterday and wait for tomorrow to see how things turn out instead of keeping this conversation on going where everyone is just sharing the same opinions? Its been 50 pages of everyone just saying the same things; just in different ways - so why continue? This change has already been decided....is it really needed to continue harassing the staff about their decision? Hasn't it already been stated that General may not be gone forever - and that it may be returned in due times if the staff feels that it was wrong to remove General and that it is in fact needed to make the game complete again? Please...my fellow floofs; isn't it about time we all just let this go and wait to see what the future brings us?

I know that the lot of you probably can't see this from my eyes; and I know that the lot of you probably won't be able to agree with me...though this is the truth - there is no need to continue this on and on where people are just constantly repeating themselves in different manners. The mods didn't know how the removal of General would affect the game and will return it if they see fit; so honestly it isn't that big of a deal. Consider this a test I suppose. If the removal of General chat eventually turns to benefit Feral Heart then they may not return it...but if it is soon noticed that the removal of the chat did nothing but be-wrong the game then they may return general or think up some alternative chat.

~Gircutie

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 16, 2013, 05:40:46 pm »
That was the point of this thread: give your opinion on the change. If it happens to be 50 pages of the same thing then...isn't that saying something about just how good or bad the change really was for the long run?

And not everyone can get over something when the manner of it being handled caused such a knee-jerk reaction. People can't get over or stop living for some things they no longer have. Sometimes those things are THE ONLY THINGS that keep them around, or in terms of a chat it was the only thing that WORKED for THEM.

They can't make an "alternate" chat because they don't have the resources to do so. The best thing that could be done at this point is take all the feedback they've received [in this thread and other places, no doubt], and either announce when they'll return General or nip people's hopes before they blossom and flat out say that it'll never come back, because the way this whole situation feels leaded on is just ridiculous.

Offline Murrphilia

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • Murrocity
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 16, 2013, 05:58:45 pm »
Yes; I understand where you are coming from Shuhuke. Though think about it? Even with General Feral Heart is having many other problems with the servers crashing? Why should we continue this threat on about the loss of General when the game is having so many problems? I for one am WAY more worried about the game itself and about the crashes and what not then about General chat coming back or not. I would much rather the game be fixed so we do not lose our beloved RPG rather then for General to come back right now.

I mean - can't you at least agree with that? That the game servers and crashes being fixed is mroe important then General being returned to the game?

I for one think that the game being fixed is much more important then General being returned is; because think about it: If we lose Feral Heart then how would you feel after that? I would be quite depressed if we lost Feral Heart - because I have tons of friends within the Feral Heart community. Not to mention all my friends are like family to me.

So is it really worth this conversation being continued when the return of General chat is a more trivial topic then the game servers being fixed is?

I post this in all do respect of everyone's personal opinions and feelings - but it is getting tiresome to hear the same things over and over again when people could just hold a poll to see what everyone thinks. Not to mention there is more important things that need to happen other then return of general right now; and a lot of people probably havn't even though about that considering their minds are so fixed on the return of this famed chat.

I do not mean to be rude or anything my fellow floofs; I am just making a well needed point.

~Gircutie