Author Topic: RIP General  (Read 166892 times)

Offline Larka98

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Old school retired player
    • View Profile
Re: RIP General
« Reply #550 on: July 27, 2013, 09:56:09 pm »
Old school retired player who occasionally comes in for a peek

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 87
  • Learn From Your Mistakes
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
« Reply #551 on: July 28, 2013, 09:10:32 am »
As prinprinkley said, we do miss general and take me for example, i was very fond of it as i could get more members in my group or just talk to someone about random stuff. Also if local got spammed by mate center then i could use general and turn off local. So i had spam free conversations. But now i can't get anyone into my group, so it's a disaster, as my floofs in my group are quiting. And i can't have spam free conversations. And i just miss it.
In-game username: gold feathers
Role-play group: Panthers Of Crossroads

Offline xBlackCatx

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 28, 2013, 11:57:30 pm »
I agree and disagree with many of you, but as many have said, it's making RP's much harder to find, and much harder to advertise. Since my computer is laggy for me, Movie Clips aren't exactly convenient and often cause me to crash. Likewise, I'm getting much less members joining my groups than before, and many of my beloved RP's are dying out because of this. And, honestly, I didn't see much conflict within the General Chat and it gave me a nasty shock to see it randomly disappear.
Also, I have seen an annoying amount of players spamming constantly with the movie clips. As several have said before, advertising on the forums is difficult. In addition, my computer doesn't mix well with movie clips and I often have to wait for an enormous time for it to load, hoping for a possible RP possibility, only for the clip to beg for mates or "Haii FH xP" Types of messages. It's extremely frustrating.

However, I do understand the admin's situation, the constant pestering from distressed users like me. But, as I said, it's making advertising much harder, meaning inactive/dead RP's, meaning less the will to even play Feral Heart. My most favorite RP, ANA, is completely, solidly DEAD ever since this happened. It was large, active, but quickly dwindled when General suddenly vanished. In General, you could advertise for only thirty, twenty minutes and have a huge amount of players join. Now? I advertised for FOUR HOURS and I only got THREE to join. It's very frustrating and our RP, which a friend of mine worked so hard to make, is dying. Even advertising in Cape Portal or Stone Bridge is crazy because of the lag and mass of people chatting, advertising, role-playing and more, all stuffed into local.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 02:49:14 am by BlackCat »

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 87
  • Learn From Your Mistakes
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
« Reply #553 on: July 30, 2013, 10:37:44 am »
Yeah i was shocked too when it suddenly disappeared!.
It's making advertising much harder as Blackcat said and maybe it was a decision the staff had to make. But i certainly the local is now causing a lot of lag as people gather on the SB and i can't even walk past without my game crashing.
In-game username: gold feathers
Role-play group: Panthers Of Crossroads

Offline ElDorko

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • We're all mad here..
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: August 01, 2013, 12:09:50 am »
Seeing as I waited a decent amount of time to see the 'changes' made due to General being killed off, I think almost everyone can agree its not a positive update, but a negative one. Movie Clips are being spammed 24/7, and Flourite just seems dead. Within this time span, I've grown tired and a bit annoyed with Feral-Heart. Nobody communicates anymore and everyone is distant. What happened to Feral-Heart being a big happy family? ... General, please come back. Not only was it a great place to advertise, but also a great place to get to know one another and communicate with people across the map! </3 I've been thinking about leaving since this update, and I think I will end up doing it soon. I'm not even active anymore, I only check Fh for if my roleplay buddies are online, and to see whats going on, then I poof for the rest of the day.
Psalms 118:6 "The Lord is on my side. I shall not fear. What can man do to me?"

Offline Raxoremys

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: August 01, 2013, 01:16:45 am »
I haven't gone on FH in a good two weeks because of this. I used to look forward to my RPs, talking to my friends, meeting new ones, goofing off OOC, all that good stuff. But now? After watching what happened in-game in the weeks after this change, I just lost the inspiration to come back and try. It feels like FH is some sick animal, dragging itself along in a desperate attempt to keep alive. And it's not doing very well. If General doesn't come back soon, I may give up altogether. It was the best way to find and advertise for RPs, a wonderful place to meet new people and discuss the random topics of the day. Without it, it feels dead. Even though I hadn't been joining as many RPs as I used to before this, General still kept the spirit of FH going and gave it a lively atmosphere. What's the point of coming on just to spend hours in silence?

Offline YouheiSunohara24

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Don't touch my chocolate, or you DIE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 01, 2013, 02:25:11 am »
:I This is getting annoying... I actually want to RP again! >.>
For me, crazy is a loose term. Crazy is when you drive by in a car with a shotgun shooting a cops. Cuz... then you're gonna get in big trouble. Crazy is when you start screaming at the word "Shinigami". Crazy is when you support Kira. You're crazy if you touched my chocolate because that means you want to die. If you're crazy, put this in ur sig.XD

Offline Xanael

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: August 01, 2013, 02:27:51 am »
I disagree with this movement... and that's all I'll say. I refuse to risk.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 03:56:34 am by MidnightKitten »

Offline Woodpecker

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 01, 2013, 03:23:14 am »
I honestly had no idea why they did this in the first place.Instead of encouraging players to get more social and to expand their roleplay they just shut down one of the most sociable tools on the game.Strictly literate people such as myself need members in order to keep my group alive and my roleplay which has been running for 3 years with 6 groups attached is starting to die because of this.It's really hard to find good roleplayers nowadays with the general change and the only clips I see are trolls so I barely get to post mine.At least create a new channel so groups can post ad's.

Offline StarWarsWolf7

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 01, 2013, 06:04:08 am »
I agree with Riven. Like I said before, I've been trying to start up a strictly literate role play, but advertising is getting extremely difficult. We go out for about one and half, to two hours at a time advertising with movie clips, and in that time we only get a single person. Back when I had this exact same role playing running in 2011, we would get multiple members in about thirty minutes or less thanks to advertising on general. It's just....extremely bad at the moment, not to mention that some people spam the movies over and over with small, pointless ads or even just for trolling purposes. I understand that happened on general, but at least it was controlled. All the movie spam is just getting out of hand. People turn off movies out of annoyance now, so you have the possibility to lose the interest of potential new members for this reason! And I know, someone is going to tell me to advertise on the boards, and I have, but I've only gotten a single interested member so far. I also have a problem with advertising on the boards, as it may be hard, or even impossible, to run into that member online and accept them into the group.

What I don't understand, is with all this distaste shown on this thread, the length of time general has been away, and all the problems that are happening in the plains, why hasn't something been done? I know it may not exactly be my place to ask that sort of thing, but I think I'm speaking for quite a few people when I say we're....restless. General chat being taken away was said to be just a test, but it's been quite some time now; almost two months correct? Maybe more, I've lost track. But people seem to be growing away from FH, or just getting annoyed with it. I know many of my friends have left now, and are moving on to IT servers and such to try and perhaps find some kind of role playing hope there. If a rather large portion of the community seems to be affected negatively...can't some kind of compromise be made? I apologize for my bluntness, but I just wanted to get this off my mind :I