Author Topic: RIP General  (Read 168222 times)

Offline Alliegant

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Time waits for no one.
    • View Profile
Re: RIP General
« Reply #590 on: August 08, 2013, 10:36:40 am »
I am very happy that they TOKEN General off,why?Because the players always talked about sexual contents,spam,even rp.And even the mods didn't saw!I don't wanna argue,GENERAL CHAT Had to be token a long time ago,cause now players keeps arguing in the local chat and still spamming.
What I can say?It's my opinion,maybe general chat can be disabled also in private maps.

Offline Dark Storm

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 08, 2013, 02:40:48 pm »
dang it! i loved the general chat!

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: August 08, 2013, 02:51:38 pm »
I'm just here to make a quote from where I posted a few weeks ago.

"Players make a game fun, not the chat."

We play games to play with others around us, exchange conversation, or fight monsters. The players make a game worth it. Think back to where we had the General chat. How many times have you asked if anyone was "alive" or around to talk? No players, no chat, and you log off a few moments later. Instead of being concerned about what chat is being removed, interact with players. That's what you've been doing all along when the General chat was there. So the argument here is, it that because the chat is gone, players are gone too?  

In addition, if a chat meant that much to those who supported it, you should have used it wisely and not abuse it. Every good thing does have its end and sometimes it comes back with change. Example, your parent taking away your cellular device for making bad comments to your sibling. Same principle here, and yes, these two situations are the same.  

However, as far as a game chat goes, I cannot say. All the same, I just do not like people saying a game is dead for a one chat being excluded, insulting the staff, and pointing fingers. It's all pointless as well as hurtful to others.  
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 08, 2013, 03:44:31 pm »
@FoxPhilosopher ~ This, just this. As much as I'm bummed about seeing Genny gone, it's just another phase in your Feral Heart life. People say that change is good, so you should believe them. Even though it's harder to advertise, taking General chat is not that they have taken your whole existance in Feral Heart. Cope with it, and stop blaming the staff for it. That's all I really have to say, I hope someone agrees.

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 87
  • Learn From Your Mistakes
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
« Reply #594 on: August 08, 2013, 04:07:56 pm »
I agree with you both floofs. Right now i'm stalking this thread and will continue to do so.. but as i said in my post a few weeks earlier 'Find Good In Every Bad'

Agree or not.. That's my opinion floofs.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 04:10:20 pm by ~CrystalWolfTear~ »
In-game username: gold feathers
Role-play group: Panthers Of Crossroads

Offline Coyotespirt

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 09, 2013, 04:10:39 pm »
Wait So I'm confused, I'm new to fh so is general chat like the local chat? The group chat? All of those chats?

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 09, 2013, 04:14:40 pm »
Wait So I'm confused, I'm new to fh so is general chat like the local chat? The group chat? All of those chats?
General chat was a light-green chat that could be viewed by anyone, anywhere on a map. If you download a private map, you can still use it in those private maps to see what I mean.

And, I agree with FoxPhilosopher. That's also a very good point.. It truly is what you make of it.
"Players make a game fun, not the chat."
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline DevXVI

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • These memories won't fade
    • EventineXVI
    • DevXVI
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #597 on: August 09, 2013, 11:08:28 pm »
It makes me a bit sad not being able to talk to people worldwide, but I understand due to the fact that it was getting out of hand. ^^ :)

Signature by HellVix

Offline kami32103

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 09, 2013, 11:31:40 pm »
Oh raz  ::) XDD\

Offline Reanaw

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 10, 2013, 10:46:13 am »
It doesn't bother me at all that general is out. Actually it was a relief to me. I hated it when people were shouting and trolling around.. R.I.P General, I won't miss you >:)