Author Topic: RIP General  (Read 166940 times)

Offline Goldilocks

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
    • View Profile
Re: RIP General
« Reply #600 on: August 13, 2013, 04:33:46 am »
Probably fur the best...  :(

Offline Senrova

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 62
  • wootwoot
    • SwiftySwoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: August 13, 2013, 12:59:52 pm »
Wait so floofies are insulting the mods? Thats wrong! They should get banned for that, they fully well deserve it! >:( So sorry mods. I wish the internet was a more nice place to be.

Signature by LuCiiPeR via dA ;D

Please check out my deviantArt: http://swiftyswoo.deviantart.com/

Offline starthewolf445

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: August 13, 2013, 02:39:54 pm »
At least create a map for advertisement purposes.That way the public get what it wants and all the trolls will flock to that one map in particular so you can just ban them all at once.It will be easier to have them all in one place that contains general.Not to mention it will make all the groups happy because honestly I spent an exact four hours posting movie clips and I didn't get a single player because I wasn't able to post enough detail.I think one public map with general will lure all the trolls out of FP so we can search for members a bit more easier.

Offline Xenonia

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 14, 2013, 09:32:10 pm »
LOL, I'd totally type my opinion on the matter, but I'd most likely get banned for it... So I'll just be quiet and stalk around this thread. Shame how so many sheeple here keep bleating and backing up this change simply because they want to stay on the mods' good side. Not everyone, but quite a few.

Dire Night Wolf

« Reply #604 on: August 14, 2013, 09:57:18 pm »
Shame how so many sheeple here keep bleating and backing up this change simply because they want to stay on the mods' good side. Not everyone, but quite a few.

Shame on you for not properly backing up your statement. If you had even read the middle section of this thread, you would have noticed that the MAJORITY of people who have posted here are against this change, as an example, pages 2-5 have a LOT of people that disagree and voice their opinions.

Offline Senrova

• Community Champion
  • wootwoot
    • SwiftySwoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: August 15, 2013, 10:03:06 am »
Guys, guys. Please just respect each other. This topic must stop! I just wamt peace around this forum. Lets all be on the mods side. Yeah? You hurt these mods feelings and treat them like criminals. Like they done something wrong. I read some of what you guys were saying and I think we should all calm down, deep breath and maybe a quick drink. Come on now. Lets be nice and treat others how we want to be treated. Please?

Sir Equius

« Reply #606 on: August 15, 2013, 11:50:05 pm »
LOL, I'd totally type my opinion on the matter, but I'd most likely get banned for it... So I'll just be quiet and stalk around this thread. Shame how so many sheeple here keep bleating and backing up this change simply because they want to stay on the mods' good side. Not everyone, but quite a few.

Now just a minute. Who are you to speak for these people who back up the decission to have general removed? Do you know what they are even thinking as far as this subject goes? Do you really think the ones who agree with the removal of general are saying those things just to be suck-ups to the mods? What gives you the right to call them sheeple?! Just because they agree with the change it doesn't mean they are doing it to stay on the good side of the mods. Refering to what Thanatos said, where is your back up for your statement? Can you prove that some of these people are saying they agree to the change are trying to stay on the mod's good side?

Many of the people on here don't agree with general chat being removed. I myself don't like it either, but I've learned to play and chat without it. Alot of the other members don't like it being gone, but they've grown to accept it. So for the ones who say "It's probably for the best." it doesn't make them "bleating sheeple". They just learned to accept it. And then there are some who really do believe it was necesary to remove general chat since they might have seen more bad things going on in it than good. Not everyone has had a good experience with general, especially when they encountered trolls that started talking about subjects that had no business being discussed there.

Besides, the mods don't mind us expressing our opinions on this subject. This thread was made for all the members to voice their opinions on what they think of this. So why don't you go ahead and really tell us your own opinion on the matter.... or are you trying to stay on the mod's good side?

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 16, 2013, 12:52:17 am »
Everyone just needs to hold up. I have not read this thread for a while just because I know General went down and I know that there is not much we players can do about it at the moment. And, does it really matter to try to stay on the Mods and Admins good side? We have the right to express ourselves, right? There isn't crime in expressing how we feel about the matter. I mean, after all, they made this game for US to enjoy, so we should be able to express ourselves. Now I'm going to try to make this short and sweet, so anyone reading doesn't get too bored.

On the plus side, General was a place for annoying trolls to go and bully our players. And it's good that we don't have to worry about people using rude words/comments that they'll regret saying. Also, people would spam General for no reason once so ever and just annoy all of us to the point where we switched General off. General was ashamed of all of us for taking advantage of it and using it to be rude and be plain annoying instead of being able to share things with everyone in the map from TIME TO TIME.

(This paragraph mostly consists of Lord S's topics)On the down side, people will find it much harder to advertise they're groups. I've seen people start to use movie clips to advertise instead. Now just stop. Freeze, pause, hold the phone. When people used General, that's fine, but who in their right mind would stop what they're doing just to click on a movie clip. It might just be a troll wasting 25 precious quality moments! And what are the odds it's a group you want to join, or the chances it's NOT a warrior cat RP(Especially in Flourite)?! I don't know about everyone else, but I actually went on Feral Heart just to scroll through General to see what groups were available. But now that I have to click on movies, I'm the poor sap advertising and barely getting anyone in my groups. Also, I've seen this first hand, people advertising in local. I have watched two groups have an all out brawl about who got to advertise where. I mean, come on people. One person actually had the nerve to whisper me and tell me to stop advertising because I was taking all his 'business'. I mean...what business?! We're all just playing the game trying to have fun. Do we really have to make it a competition?!

I apologize if I was less short and sweet and more long and sour.  :P
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 12:55:14 am by Lilly »

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: August 16, 2013, 02:05:27 am »
Flick my claim to never post on this topic again, people are blaming the mods for this?

What dumb bigot would ever blame the staff when they are the ones sitting there when harassment is involved in General? General was pulled down because of the jerks abusing it, the occasional spam, and unacceptable topics. I hate how general was put down, a lot, but I get why it was put down. If you are blaming the fricken staff because of General's putdown, you should easily look back at General's history. Here's a story, my brother spammed in the general chat while I was afk. I kicked him off, said sorry, and said that was my brother very calmly. But, people were all like "zOMG YOU SPAMMER KID *Insert cuss words here*!!11!!1!1!!11!!1111" and "NU THT WAZ U HAHAHAHAHA I'M SO COL!!!1!11!111!!2". I was blocked by at least 20 people for what I didn't do. ._. I also got through many arguments with trolls and people who were so full of themselves until I got mentally tired. Was that the staffs fault? Not much, honestly. X'D

This doesn't mean "Oh General is ok to be gone forever", I am really hoping that will never happen. I love General for personal and reasonable reasons, but I can live without it.

Offline Senrova

• Community Champion
  • wootwoot
    • SwiftySwoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: August 16, 2013, 09:22:36 am »
You want my opinion? Here it is.

The mods took away general for a good reason. There were many issues with this chat when floofies just kept being mean and all that. So thats when mods decided that it must go. Then we had less of these trolls and bullies. Now this is my opinion. Now floofies are being such bullies themselves to the mods and moaning the fact that general chat is gone. Excuse me? Its not just that floofies keep moaning about. Its the fact that FH is more friendly now. Thats what. Now I'm just saying this because I care about all of you. Enough. Just enjoy the game as it is. This topic has gone on for a long time which is why it must be locked in my opinion. Please try to keep it cool. We cool?