Author Topic: Advertising Ideas / Suggestions  (Read 1703 times)

Offline Ex0rcist

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • Slow Ex0 is slow
    • View Profile
Advertising Ideas / Suggestions
« on: June 19, 2013, 05:45:45 am »
Not so sure this is the right thread I should be posting this under, so please move it to the correct thread if so.

-cough-

ANYWAYZ. I think it's agreed that General had a very negative impact on advertising needs, such as no more global word of those recruiting and only a limited chat range for very few to see. Not open-minded about this situation, eh? I've come up with a couple of ideas I hope works for those who are eager to gain moar members for their wonderful groups.

- New "Sticky" Topic under General Roleplay.

This "sticky", in addition to Ramine's Roleplay Guide, can list those popular "advertising" landmarks and where on the map(s) they can be found. I know there are many of those who are very new to the game and forums, and without General, they won't be able to find out about those areas in case they want to join a group.

- Modify a bit on the Advertising board.

I believe this board should be cleaned up a bit, not saying the work of those who put it together have done a terrible job, not at all. What I mean is that some of the roleplay ads on there mostly rely on "forum roleplaying", meaning they choose to roleplay on that thread and that thread only, not even bothering to create their characters and roleplay in-game. It is quite a mixture of both in-game and forum roleplaying on that board, something I have found confusing.

Perhaps separate it into two categories? One for said "forum roleplaying" and one for in-game advertising. This'll give a fresh and clean start to any advertising needs, and will possibly cause less confusion to those who believe they'll have better luck searching for a group on the threads.

Hopefully with this idea, players can search for what they specifically want in the easiest way possible, whether it be an in-game group or a group only based off of threads. Those who request joining the forum roleplaying groups can now possibly move onto the Groups child board and roleplay with them thar while the in-game advertisements lead those who wish to join an in-game group into the Feralheart world and roleplay thar.

- In-Game Recruiting Method

Here we have some fun! Expand your group by assigning about four to five members a task to recruit. They can spread ALL over the map and search for moar people there.

What I mean is:

I Recruiter : Found in Stone Bridge.
-----------------
This recruiter covers one area of the map, searching for people who are willing to join.
II Recruiter: Found at Cape Portal.
-----------------
Another recruiter from the same group covers that area of the map, doubling the recruitment speed.
III Recruiter: Found at the +.
-----------------
A third recruiter covers another area, tripling the rate.
IIII Recruiter: Found at Y River.
-----------------
Quadrupling the rate.
And so on...

This, I believe, could be an affective way to expand your group in no time.

Feedback is very much requested, pluz. c: If this helps, then I am thankful. Keep in mind that these are only suggestions, not demands. I go by how much it may affect the flow the game and if the players agree with it or not.

In-Game User: ex0rcist

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
Re: Advertising Ideas / Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 02:21:17 pm »
This is actually well thought up of Exe. I give you props for thinking up and posting something that can be both helpful and informational. Rather impressive and I agree with you on this.
gone

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Muffins. Oh yes... I went there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 02:58:28 pm »
Tis a shame that good old General was shut down, and seeing as it was we do need a new form of advertising in game, apart from running around typing ads in local or using movies. Your ideas are in my opinion, a great help towards finding a solution, but I believe more could be done. Perhaps a private map could be created and used solely as an advertising center? No real Rp purpose but it could act as a kind of Advertising Starting point? If maps aren't the answer, then (I hope you don't mind if I expand your recruiter idea) there could be a character for an Advertising Center, such as Mate Centers and Adoption Centers, where people could come to look for Role plays and/or become a kind of 'sales person for hire', offering their services to groups with fewer recruiters. I don't know, but something does need to be done, and for that I congratulate you on your ideas and for stepping up and starting this thread ^^

Offline YouheiSunohara24

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Don't touch my chocolate, or you DIE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 12:42:07 am »
What I find funny is... they take away our original form of advertising, but when we come up with a new way, we get kicked for using it. Yep, that's right, I was kicked for apparent 'movie spam'... I wasn't even spamming it. :I
For me, crazy is a loose term. Crazy is when you drive by in a car with a shotgun shooting a cops. Cuz... then you're gonna get in big trouble. Crazy is when you start screaming at the word "Shinigami". Crazy is when you support Kira. You're crazy if you touched my chocolate because that means you want to die. If you're crazy, put this in ur sig.XD

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Muffins. Oh yes... I went there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 02:48:45 am »
Mods don't kick or ban for no reason, but if you have questions on why the action was used you need to PM a mod instead of discussing it on the forums. You say you weren't spamming, but it seems you must have done one too many movies. One a minute is not spamming, but three in five seconds is definitely more than enough. Besides, they didn't really take away advertising, there's a whole section of the forum dedicated to it! And the ads there aren't swept away with the chat as easily ^^

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 03:09:34 am »
Well, the first part of this thread would be better suited in Forum Input, but the last part fits here. So. I think it's okay, floof. xD

As for your ideas, I do like them for the most part, I really do. :3
The one part I don't think would be too awfully needed would be the sticky topic under General Roleplay. It is a helpful idea, but when it gets right down to it, most new players end up running straight to the game and staying there, before coming to the forums and hanging around long enough to really search through the roleplay boards. This said, I think they would be more likely to find out about the "Recruiting spots" by word of mouth in-game, rather than in here. A good suggestion, though.

The Advertising board, though, I do think your have a very valid point. Particularly with the need for more ways to advertise, I think a couple of child boards for in-game vs. forum roleplay advertisements is something to look into on the staff's part. While we generally try not to add extra boards to the forum (for the sake of indexing and preventing forum lag), this one might be worth it in time.

As for the in-game recruiting method, this is a very nice idea. I've seen some roleplays doing this, and really the main goal is just to get your current group members out to the local hotspots and start throwing out adverts. And even if it's not a hotspot, if you're helping your group recruit, and you see a bunch of floofs hanging around, ask them if they'd be interested, nu?
I think these are very nice ideas, Exe.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||