Author Topic: FeralHeart crashes when I try to play as any char, any map!! Plz help. SOLVED  (Read 2418 times)

Offline Kitscourge

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Raise your hands to the level of your eyes!
    • View Profile
Feral-Heart crashes whenever i try to get on ANY char I have. After I log in  and choose a char it starts to load the map but before I get in it, it crashes. I have uninstalled and re-installed and tried two different computers but it still doesn't work.My friend's that lives near-by works perfectly fine. Please help! This has been going on for 4 days. :(

EDIT 6/29/13: I tried FH on my friend's account and it works fine. It seems to be only for my account. Welp, time to wait for registration to open. ono ~Erik & Knoiy
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 06:33:07 am by ThePhantom »
If I were truly dead, you would not see the words that I'm typing!
Find me in-game as ~ThePhantom~

Offline Riku.

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • hella gay
    • View Profile
Okay

Change your rendering system to,

DirectX 3D9

If not. I really don't know.
i'm kat and i have an undying love for kingdom hearts & danganronpa. i don't even play fh anymore lmao

Offline Kitscourge

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
What if it doesn't show that as an option? It used to work on the one I have now... ~Knoiy
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 02:30:04 pm by ThePhantom »

Offline duna the killer

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • Vacationing 28th - 4th, You all are amazing!
    • View Profile
1) When you go to play FH, right click and click Run as Administrator, then click Run
2) When it opens in the little options tab thing, change it to Direct3D9 subsystem
I hope that helped at all, and I hope you can get back to playing FH!

ThrillexForLife

Okay. Try restarting you laptop or try using Character Reset. :3

Offline Kitscourge

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
Thanks for the help guys, but when I  open the OGRE Rendering Setup, it never gives the option for  Direct3D9 subsystem, It only has OpenGL Rendering Subsystem. Do I have to download the other one or something because this JUST started happening and it stopped working on my other computer (they are both desktops). Plz help if you have any ideas, advice, or the solution! ^^ I feel like I'm not following dirrections or something now. xD ~Knoiy
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 02:30:36 pm by ThePhantom »

Dire Night Wolf

The absolute First thing you want to try is to change the rendering mode for the game. There's different rendering modes you can pick from, usually OpenGL and Direct3D9. This decides which way your graphic card should process the game. This one is at standard set to OpenGL, so we'd want to set it to Direct3D9.

There's 2 ways you can change this setting.

How to fix it!
Either you start the game, go into the options menu, click the Video tab, and then change the rendering subsystem and restart the game.

Sometimes you aren't able to even enter the game, and all you can hear is the menu music, or it just crashes directly after launch. Those who experience this can enter the feralheart folder located in C:\FeralHeart at standard, find the file called "Ogre.cfg" and open it with wordpad.

This file works just as the ingame options menu, but instead of buttons and sliders, there's text.

What we're interested in is the top row

Set the top row text so it is just like in the picture with the text
Code:

Render System=Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem

Save the file, and close it. Next time you run the game it should boot with the new settings you applied.

Quote from here: http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=10423.msg144821#msg144821

Hope this helps, if it doesn't then you should re-install FeralHeart by deleting your folder completely (backup anything you want to keep in another location) and running the setup again, as it could mean that you're missing the RenderSystem_Direct3D9.dll file.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 07:12:24 pm by Thanatos||Soul-Eater »

Offline kromn

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
its not logical to be anything related to rendering system, I have the same problem now, it happened just as I was playing, just crashed and never was able to pass loading screen again, I wonder if there is something related to an error on server configuration, or random bannings or something like that, is absurd, but I cant guess anything else, since this game build is from 2011, I dont have anyhithing added, tried another computer, it seems to be account-related, no computer related, the opengl or directx is no problem, as much will give some glitchs on the background graphics, I really dont get this, I hope anyone who can check whats going on with this accounts that cant loggin, I really suspect that may be related to having much friends connected at the same time, cause I usualy never had more than 3 friends at same time, I really cant guess anyhting else, the first time it happen was very early in the morning, and was jkust about 150 players on the entire server, so there is no way is related to chat flooding, or lack of ram, is really weird,

Offline Kitscourge

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
I just edited the original post.Looks like it's only acocunt targeted. ono ~Erik
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 06:34:17 am by ThePhantom »