Author Topic: Feral Heart Wolfaboos  (Read 14436 times)

Offline whitewolf223

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • The casual observationist.
    • View Profile
Feral Heart Wolfaboos
« on: July 01, 2013, 01:04:05 am »
You've seen 'em. We all have. I'm talking about those children who like to argue with you about wolves, using completly made up logic. Usually saying things like: "Save the wolves!" One once told me that North American grey wolves are endangered, when in fact they are listed as least concern, the same catagory as humans. Anyone ever got into a argument with one these people?
Back again, let's see how long I stick around this time.

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
Re: Feral Heart Wolfaboos
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 02:29:05 am »
^ exactly why I'm not the biggest fan of wolves. You see, I've seen one of these people in AnimalJam before. Everyone said "But all animals rule" while she said "nope, wolves rule".
She even said this: "I love wolves so much my parents are getting me a pet wolf today!"
Seriously? now I'm not trying to be harsh, but all animals are good. Wolves just became wolves in my eyes because how many fans they have. I'm not against anyone who loves them though, they are good animals really, but I'm not like WOLFCRAZY and I'm just a animal lover. :P
*sigh* I completely understand you after this I just said above.
No offense to those who love wolves. :/ It's just those who make up things and try to annoy me, not you. ^^
*cough and hides in shadows*

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 02:35:58 am »
I never came across people like this out in the community of Feral Heart, but I know they're out there. I have seen these "wolfaboos" out on other websites, stating things like "Wolves are the best!" "Wolves rule!" "Wolves are endangered. We must do something to save them all!" There's nothing wrong with being a wolf fan, but some just take it too far.
On other websites, I've seen wolfaboos post such comments like "I luv all wolfs! Whoever duz not luv wolfs is a hater and should DIE!" Really, that's what they said. Wolves are nice and all, but Im not all that crazy about them. They are a nice animal, and I just have respect for them. And it's true that grey wolves are not endangered. Don't the wolfaboos know that there are other species of wolves out in the world besides the grey wolf and the timber wolf. There are endangered species of wolves out there in the world, such as the Ethiopian wolf, the Indian wolf, the red wolf, the arctic wolf, and so on.

The craziest wolfaboo arguements I've ever seen was on YouTube. I once came across a video that depicted people hunting wolves in Russia (legally). There were so many hateful, inhuman comments made by these "wolfaboos" that I just could't believe human beings would say such things to other human beings. I won't go into detail about what they said... you can check it out for yourself, but BEWARE! It ain't pretty, man e__e

Speaking of this talk of wolfaboos, there have been times where people in this community have accused me of being a "foxtard" someone who is crazy about foxes and loves only foxes. Let me make it clear that it's NOT true! Sure, I love foxes and I like to roleplay as foxes, but I not crazy about them. I don't think they are the best animal in the world. There really is no such thing as a "best" animal in the world. I like other animals besides foxes; such as cats, small dogs, various species of birds, mice, hamsters, rabbits, bobcats, and much much more. Also, I don't get upset when people hunt foxes (as long as it's done legally). Hunting foxes is a common sport, so it doesn't really bother me. Not only that, I would never own a fox as a pet. As much as I love foxes, I could never own one since they have so many special needs. The only thing I can do is appreciate them and admire them in their natural habitat.

So that's all I have to say for now.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 10:25:34 pm by Lady_Alizarin »
Inactive

Offline TurtlezSoup

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • TurtezSoup. Your everyday dose of Turtlez
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 06:46:27 am »
Now, I happen to adore wolves. But grey/timber wolves as said above are at the least of concern. I'm more worried about Red Wolves and Maned wolves (I'm unsure about them being endangered, but I heard that they were a rare so...).
I mean, I want to get some wolf breeds back up to a good population. But defiantly not grey wolves, I don't get upset or angry when I see taxidermy of That breed, but maybe a little frustrated when I see red or minded wolves being hunted etc. because of my opinion on their population.

I would, never, ever, ever think of having a wolf as a pet! they're naturally vicious, and fighting among pack members is common, especially when the supposed wolf wants to be "alpha". They would also be incredibly hard to look after and control.

--
But I have never encountered a obsessed wolfaboo. Just nice wolfaboos.

Siggy by Rustys!

Offline whitewolf223

• Finest Floof
  • The casual observationist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 12:21:08 pm »
Most wolfaboos are just children who saw wolves and thought they looked awesome. But mostly the North American ones. The small Asian desert wolves, who indeed are one of the oldest wolves as well as being where domestic dogs came from, can just get lost. I have indeed seen several of these people in Feral Heart. But, all other annoying people are attracted to me... So maybe they are too.
Back again, let's see how long I stick around this time.

Offline Tearless

• The strange artist about whom your mother warned you...
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 81
  • Weird Absentee Uncle
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 06:51:43 pm »
There do seem to be a fairly high amount of antagonistic wolfaboos in this game, which I guess makes a kind of sense (still not as bad as any given wolf video on YouTube). I just take it as another case of a really cool thing with a kinda crappy fandom. I have nothing against wolves; they're beautiful animals, and it's easy to see why so many people (especially teenagers) would identify with a romanticized version of them, what with the wild, golden eyes and the howling at the moon and being a fierce, noble creature that don't need no rules. And on a certain level that's fine, the problem is that wolfaboos tend to not know where the line between idealism and reality is, and a bunch of kids decide that they have a special bond with wolfkind by way of liking them a whole lot, and get the idea that they can go striding down the street with a loyal pet wolf at their side and look really cool. Which, y'know, is bad for several obvious reasons.

There are a couple things about this that really rustle my jimmies, but the worst problem is that there's just no way to debate with them even on completely friendly levels. All the ones I've encountered have formed such a tightly closed shield of rationalization that they're completely immune to alternate opinions. Either you love wolves to the point of misanthropy and think they're literally the best animals in the world that need to be saved and protected and given dominion over the earth (how I wish that was an exaggeration), or you're an evil greedy wolf-hater who probably shoots puppies (wolf puppies!), and mutters maliciously to yourself in Russian as you pilot your areal wolf shooting machine to take out Amaroq.

Oh, and of course I'm not calling all wolf fans wolfaboos. Just the ones immune to logic.

Offline TBSNIHON

• Experienced Traveler
  • Biggest Adam Driver fan there is..
    • View Profile
    • Chuff!
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 07:05:40 pm »
Well....I am NOT a Wolf Aboo but i am a wolf lover. Im not like them at all... Most wolf aboo's are stuipd and stuff....I study wolves and other animals so i gave out REAL facts....I will never ever BELIVE people are getting a pet wolf...Unless a hybird cause my dad owned one. ^^
BOOM!

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 10:33:11 pm »
Wolf dog hybrids can be dangerous, too. Just because they were bred with domestic dog in them doesn't make them completely harmless. They still have their wild, primative instincts in them. Take a look at this video for example...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij09gDOx8ck

And that's why I just stick to having domesticated animals as pets. A cat and a dog suit me just fine. :3
Inactive

Offline Takawolfplayer

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • ... With the unrealistic wolf OC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2013, 10:00:19 pm »
   People should, yes, be more concerned about the security of endangered or almost extinct animals more than the grey wolf (canis lupus), which, as said before, is part of the Least Concern list. However, grey wolves shouldn't be hunted illegally (poaching). Wolves should not be hunted on protected land (i.e. Yellowstone National Park), or when it is not allowed (normally around spring, summer, or autumn. Hunting season for wolves is around winter, and hunters are only allowed to kill 5 wolves according to law).
   Many people still need to learn that wolves are NOT the only animal in the world that "need protection". There are animals more important like bobcats, tigers, some foxes, etc. There are types of wolves that DO need protection. For example, as said before, the Ethiopian wolf (canis simensis).

I just want to add this other thing in here real quick because I saw somebody above that said something about the maned and red wolf. I don't want to sound rude at all, but the maned and red wolf aren't actually "wolves". The red wolf (canis lupus rufus) was found to be more related to the coyote than the wolf, and, well, the maned wolf (chrysocyon brachyurus), was never a wolf.
   The maned wolf is close relatives with the fox, and it is the largest canid in South America. They get their name from the blackish-grayish mane on their backs (obviously), and they look like they are walking on "stilts" due to their long legs.

Whew, I don't normally type that much. I'm done now. I need to rest my hand. ^^

real wishes granted: http://www.real-wishes.com

Offline SpringLeaf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • Mysterious Seeker
    • View Profile
    • Bramble and Blossom
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2013, 11:51:11 pm »
I have encountered lots of these 'wolfaboos.' I once joined a so-called gray wolf RP, only to find out that it was a maned wolf RP. I said that I was leaving, because maned wolves aren't actually wolves. The leader's response.
Me: I came here to join a gray wolf RP, not a maned wolf RP. Besides, maned wolves aren't even wolves!
Leader Wolf: Well I know everything about wolves. The maned wolves live in Canada and the Dakotas, and they don't eat meat. Isn't that cool? That I know EVERYTHING about maned wolves? You're so wrong, dude.
Me: Sorry, but they actually live in South America and eat meat.
Leader Wolf's Son: HE NOES EVERYTHING.
Me: -Disconnects-

I mean really? It's obvious that this person is lying. My friend was listening nearby, and we started cracking up. They need to get ahold of themselves, those wolfaboos.

Another story. About wolfaboos.
[size=70]I am not always online.
Please message me, I would love to make friends.[/size]